Malpractice of the Week

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Malpractice of the Week

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:02 pm

https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/2018/ ... no-really/

At first I asked if this was from The Onion, because honestly after reading I wasn’t sure.

But no, Dr. Zimmerman is really a naturopath and, well, this is how she summarized the problem…

This is a 4-year-old boy who is suffering from an inability to fall asleep at night, a fear of the dark, of wolves, werewolves, ghosts and zombies and who frequently hides under tables and growls at people. He is overly excitable and has a tendency to defiance. He was normal as a baby, not affected by sleep or temper problems.

It is clearly a great business model to medicalize the fear of monsters, excitability, and defiance in 4-year-olds, either that or developmental pediatrics is not a subject taught in naturopathic schools. Maybe it would detract from Tinctures 101.

Dr. Zimmerman’s diagnosis was a previous bite from a dog recently vaccinated with rabies thus affecting “the boy with the rabies miasm.”

I am totally sure that was first on every pediatrician’s list as well.
In case you're wondering, it was "lyssinum", a homeopathic remedy:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lyssinum
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

shemp
Title: gnat

Re: Malpractice of the Week

Post by shemp » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Placebo works like placebo again. At least there's no actual rabies in it.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Giz

Post by Giz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 pm

Hair of the dog. An old remedy.

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:57 pm

"remedy"
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2