The Official Ebola Thread

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Anaxagoras

Re: The Official Ebola Thread

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue May 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Well at least there's a vaccine for it now, so hopefully this outbreak can be nipped in the bud, although it depends on whether it's safe for aid workers to enter the affected areas. This being DR Congo I don't know about that.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Wed May 16, 2018 4:48 am

I, for one, find it sad that so many People of Color[Tm.--Ed.] will risk getting the autisms when there are many other alternatives such as acupuncture, Reiki, prayer, Qi Gong, and Robitussin.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Witness

Postby Witness » Fri May 18, 2018 2:25 am

The Telegraph wrote:WHO fears 'explosive increase' in new Ebola cases as outbreak moves to city

The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has spread from the countryside to a major city of 1.2m inhabitants, prompting fears of a full blown health emergency.

A UK rapid response team, comprising doctors, nurses and other public health experts, is expected to be deployed to the region in the next 48 hours by Public Health England (PHE) as part of an international effort to contain the deadly haemorrhagic disease.

The outbreak was first reported on May 8 in the remote rural area of Bikoro in the north west of the country. Now three cases, one of which has been laboratory confirmed, have been reported in Mbandaka, a densely populated city of more than one million people, with poor sanitation and sparse healthcare facilities.

The latest official figures suggest at least 44 people have been infected and 23 have died since the outbreak started, although experts fear many more cases may have gone unreported.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/16/fear-ebola-spreads-city-12m-people/

shemp
Title: gnat

Postby shemp » Sat May 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Doctor X wrote:I, for one, find it sad that so many People of Color[Tm.--Ed.] will risk getting the autisms when there are many other alternatives such as acupuncture, Reiki, prayer, Qi Gong, and Robitussin.

--J.D.

Ipecac! Vomit out the virus!
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Sat May 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Homeopathic ipecac!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Return to “Medicine, Health, & Nutrition”