Religion and noxious weeds

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Religion and noxious weeds

Postby Pyrrho » Wed May 17, 2017 10:41 am

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/m ... ispute-in/

Sherman County may order the owners of Azure Farms, near Moro, to spray to control the weeds if the farm doesn’t come up with a weed management plan by next week.

The county said in a letter it also might do the spraying itself then bill the farm owned by Ecclesia of Sinai.

The farm, which is operated by a major supplier of organic products called Azure Standard, would lose its organic certification if herbicides are applied, the Capital Press reported Tuesday.

The company has also cited religious beliefs for refusing to spray, including a biblical passage stating that the land should not be defiled.

Alfred Stelzer, of Ecclesia of Sinai, says the farm “made a covenant” to follow the Bible and cited a passage from the Book of Numbers 35:34 that says the land must not be polluted.

Neighboring farmers who don’t use organic methods have complained that the weeds pose a risk to their crops if they aren’t contained.

Growers of certified wheat seed, for example, say their crop could be contaminated by rush skeleton weed, Canada thistle, morning glory and white top, the newspaper reported.

http://www.capitalpress.com/Oregon/2017 ... ganic-farm

Wheat farmer Bryan Cranston, who grows certified seed next to Azure Farms, said its weed problems have gotten progressively worse over the years. Cranston said he spoke to Selzer and told him, “I don’t drift chemicals on you, I’d appreciate it if weeds don’t drift on me.”

Cranston said he told Selzer, “I grow seed wheat to garner more out of the market, you grow organic to garner more out of the market — we have a lot in common here.”

But he added, “You’re messing me up.”

Cranston estimated weed control in his wheat is costing him $12 per acre more than in the past. He said some weeds, especially skeleton weed, produce airborne seeds and can rapidly infect fields.

Another area farmer, Ryan Thompson, said the county needs to stand its ground on the weed issue.

“These guys are operating by their own set of rules,” he said. “They are not good stewards of the land. They are pretty much using religion and the fact that they’re organic to say our county laws and statutes don’t apply to them.”
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: Religion and noxious weeds

Postby sparks » Wed May 17, 2017 4:20 pm

They need to pray...harder.
Nice things? Hell no!

Board Crumbmuffin.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Wed May 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Maybe some . . . locust?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Thu May 18, 2017 1:18 am

Now where the hell did I leave that 7th seal?
Nice things? Hell no!

Board Crumbmuffin.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu May 18, 2017 12:31 pm

sparks wrote:Now where the hell did I leave that 7th seal?

De nada.

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement

sparks

Postby sparks » Thu May 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Doesn't look very apocalyptic now, does it? But just wait until it starts barking the 'I' word around the Senate.... :)
Nice things? Hell no!

Board Crumbmuffin.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Fri May 19, 2017 4:21 am

"Igneous?"

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

sparks

Postby sparks » Fri May 19, 2017 8:39 pm

BWAHAHAHA...
Nice things? Hell no!

Board Crumbmuffin.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”