Colin Kaepernick

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:28 pm

Can I just go out and buy socks like that somewhere, or do you have to be rich enough to have them made to order? :coolspecs:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:48 am

Even the Muhammed Ali analogy is strained because Ali actually went to jail for his protest. Kaepernick otoh may have to endure some booing and maybe lose some sponsors. He already signed his big money contract before he started to suck.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:50 pm

Yup.

He wanted all of the notoriety, but none of the responsibility and risk. He knows he is "cut" this season. Now he can pretend it was for "political/OMFGRACIST!!! reasons"--see his current coach. However, he already gets his guaranteed money either way. San Fran fucked up there, but we are talking California after all. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:30 am

Such courage:

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick will stand during the national anthem next season, sources told ESPN on Thursday.

Kaepernick no longer wants his method of protest to detract from the positive change he believes has been created, sources told ESPN. He also said the amount of national discussion on social inequality -- as well as support from other athletes nationwide, including NFL and NBA players -- affirmed the message he was trying to deliver.

As a means of protest, he began sitting during the national anthem in the 2016 preseason before taking a knee for the final preseason contest and 16 regular-season games.

Kaepernick will opt out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers this week and become a free agent next week, sources told ESPN.

Adam Schefter: ESPN

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:17 am

If the idea had been to take a knee from the beginning, I don't think it would have been such a big deal.

Sitting seems more disrespectful than kneeling. People kneel to pray for example.

Anyway, now that he no longer has a team or a guaranteed contract, suddenly he doesn't want to do anything controversial anymore. Curious. Because what team wants to take on a guy who is going to be a PR headache for them? Maybe if he's really good on the field, but not if he's borderline.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:27 am

He can play with Tebow for the Mets. . . .

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:11 am

Where's that world's smallest violin. Nyar, did you look under your couch cushions?

https://theundefeated.com/features/lock ... -disgrace/
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:57 am

--J.D.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:01 pm

FWIW, it's the ubiquitous unnamed source.

NFL Source: Kaepernick Turned Down At Least 1 Contract To Play Up The Race Card
Daily Caller

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Your link doesn't seem to work, but OK.

Now, turning down a contract offer isn't necessarily to "play up the race card". It could be that he thinks he can get a better offer if he doesn't jump at the first one offered. Apparently Jay Cutler was offered $10 million for one year. We don't know what kind of offer was made to Kaepernick. I'm pretty sure though that teams will want a "baggage discount". But there are teams out there who really need a quarterback.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Just tried it again, seems to work.

Blocked for un-Japanese tendencies perhaps?

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:45 pm

Confirmed working link
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:23 am

Wasn't working on my home Mac this morning. Kept taking me to a login screen. It works now on a different computer with a different browser.

Anyway, it says the offer he turned down was for the league minimum. That may be the best offer he gets, but probably not. He can afford to wait and see.

Kaepernick allegedly doesn’t want to make “backup money” and specifically instructed his representative team not to sign one contract offered at the league’s minimum rate of $900,000 per year for a seventh-year player.

Like I mentioned above, Jay Cutler, who practically had one foot out the door already, got $10 million. Comparing their stats from last season, purely as a statistical comparison, again Kaepernick would appear to be better. But, people don't like that he wouldn't stand for the national anthem. That seems to be the only thing to explain the difference.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:01 am

They both suck.

Colin also happens to be a self-important ignorant pain in the ass.

Teams will take the chubby lazy flat-affected over that.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:31 am

--J.D.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:19 am

I still want to know where he got those socks with the cute little piggies. :)

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:40 am

Doctor X wrote:

--J.D.

FWIW:

Colin Kaepernick supporters demonstrate at NFL offices, call for boycott

But there is silliness on both sides. Apparently a judge in Ohio thinks that military conscription is still a thing, and the athletes who are protesting are "draft dodgers"

More than 1,000 people, many wearing jerseys bearing Kaepernick's name, crowded the steps outside the NFL's midtown Manhattan offices.

Kaepernick, who once took the 49ers to the Super Bowl, opted out of his contract with the team in March and remains unsigned. Supporters say he is being blackballed for his advocacy, but some critics say he should not have sat or kneeled during the anthem or contend his lack of a job is more about his on-field talent.

Chants at the demonstration included "Boycott! Boycott!'

Chanting "Boycott! Boycott!" while wearing jerseys?
Spoiler:
An official NFL jersey too!

That protest earned the ire of an Ohio Supreme Court justice, the lone Democrat holding an Ohio statewide office. Justice Bill O'Neill wrote on Facebook that he wouldn't attend any games at which "draft dodging millionaire athletes disrespect the veterans who earned them the right to be on that field.''

"Shame on you all,'' he said.

There is no draft to dodge anymore, and I wonder what exactly he means by "the veterans who earned them the right to be on that field"? In the NFL you "earn the right" to be on the field by being good enough to play in the NFL (and not being a criminal). Nobody else can "earn the right" for you, each player has to earn it for himself. So that doesn't really make sense. Of course we should be thankful to veterans, but it's not like we owe every damn thing to them.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:48 am

Wow.

Thanks, I did not add to the FAIL of this because I was not sure how many were interested. Pats Fandom is upset that:

just got an extension. As he proceeds to fuck up another investigation.

Every so often, an angry Pats fan would declare he would "BOYCOTT" the NFL and all of that stupidity. Talking Heads would call him the idiot he is.

What is deliciously ironic about this is it is happening where?

Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8EuOZ24Hlc

Yes, in Atlanta. Where they are opening a New Stadium! :hyper: After a collapse so great MFYs fans feel sympathetic. Butt-Hurt [Him.--Ed.] Patriots fans over The Super Bowl We Do Not Mention are all "Wow. Damn!"

As Dennis Leary said about cigarettes, so, too, NFL: "We're ADDICTED!!!"

Like anyone is going to turn-off an NFL game and watch something, like, a Bad Classic Trek marathon instead.

What?

--J. "I Am KIRACK!" D.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:23 am

Colin's supporters would get more results if they demonstrated in front of the UN. :BigGrin3:

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:25 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Doctor X wrote:

--J.D.

FWIW:

Colin Kaepernick supporters demonstrate at NFL offices, call for boycott

But there is silliness on both sides. Apparently a judge in Ohio thinks that military conscription is still a thing, and the athletes who are protesting are "draft dodgers"

More than 1,000 people, many wearing jerseys bearing Kaepernick's name, crowded the steps outside the NFL's midtown Manhattan offices.

Kaepernick, who once took the 49ers to the Super Bowl, opted out of his contract with the team in March and remains unsigned. Supporters say he is being blackballed for his advocacy, but some critics say he should not have sat or kneeled during the anthem or contend his lack of a job is more about his on-field talent.

Chants at the demonstration included "Boycott! Boycott!'

Chanting "Boycott! Boycott!" while wearing jerseys?
Spoiler:
An official NFL jersey too!

That protest earned the ire of an Ohio Supreme Court justice, the lone Democrat holding an Ohio statewide office. Justice Bill O'Neill wrote on Facebook that he wouldn't attend any games at which "draft dodging millionaire athletes disrespect the veterans who earned them the right to be on that field.''

"Shame on you all,'' he said.

There is no draft to dodge anymore, and I wonder what exactly he means by "the veterans who earned them the right to be on that field"? In the NFL you "earn the right" to be on the field by being good enough to play in the NFL (and not being a criminal). Nobody else can "earn the right" for you, each player has to earn it for himself. So that doesn't really make sense. Of course we should be thankful to veterans, but it's not like we owe every damn thing to them.

There's a war on. Everything is about the troops.

None of the "take a knee" protests would be outraging anyone except someone else on the actual teams if the media didn't play it up.

But, it's a "good draw" and the rubes go nuts for it so...$$$$$
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Return to “Sports & Recreation”