The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge XIII

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge XIII

Postby Doctor X » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 am

:Waaaah: Current Week Image Pickies:

*NFL Schedule

--J.D.

*I Haz Mulligans! Image
Last edited by Doctor X on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:39 am, edited 8 times in total.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:36 pm

"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 pm

I'm picking the Tits of Tennessee.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

gnome

Postby gnome » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:46 am

Anaxagoras totally copied me.

Tennessee Tittens for me
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Evolver

Postby Evolver » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:33 pm

The tits to get squeezed.
2016 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

izittrue

Postby izittrue » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:09 pm

LA Lambs to lose to Viqueens.
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:49 pm

Squeelers.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Mentat

Postby Mentat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Philly Eaglesteaks to lose.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:04 am

About that Mulligan...meh, I'll see what's what in the morning. Been working all evening ripping off Antoni Gaudí.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:11 am

:Mockering: Mulligan. Viqueens on Sunday.

gnome

Postby gnome » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:37 pm

Pyrrho wrote:About that Mulligan...meh, I'll see what's what in the morning. Been working all evening ripping off Antoni Gaudí.

Do tell, I am interested in his work.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

shemp
Title: gnat

Postby shemp » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:49 am

I'll take the L.A. Lambs.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 pm

gnome wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:About that Mulligan...meh, I'll see what's what in the morning. Been working all evening ripping off Antoni Gaudí.

Do tell, I am interested in his work.

Who, Mulligan?

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/how-m ... t-its-name

The USGA, and supported by research by GriffGolf.com, found the Mulligan became rooted in the game’s lexicon sometime between the late 1920s and mid-1930s. During that period, Canadian-born amateur David Bernard Mulligan had established himself as a prominent member of clubs that included Winged Foot in Mamaroneck, N.Y.

In the late 1920s, Mulligan had a regular club foursome, which he often drove to the course in a 1920s vintage Briscoe, a touring car.

Once on the first tee, the story goes, his partners allowed him to hit a second ball after mishitting his drive. Mulligan complained that his hands were still numb after driving rough roads and a bumpy Queen Victoria Jubilee Bridge (now Victoria Bridge).

Mulligan joined Winged Foot Golf Club sometime between 1932 and 1933. A generation later, in July 1985, journalist Don Mackintosh interviewed Mulligan for a column, “Around the Sport Circuit.”

Said Mulligan: “I was so provoked with myself that, on impulse, I stooped over and put down another ball. The other three looked at me with considerable puzzlement, and one of them asked, ‘What are you doing?’ ‘I’m taking a correction shot,’ I replied.”

His playing partner asked what he called that.

“Thinking fast, I told him that I called it a ‘Mulligan.’ They laughed and let me play a second ball. After the match, which Mulligan and Spindler won by one point, there was considerable discussion in the clubhouse about that free shot.

“It all worked out amicably enough, but after that it became an unwritten rule in our foursome that you could take an extra shot on the first tee if you weren’t satisfied with your original. Naturally, this was always referred to as ‘taking a Mulligan.’ From that beginning, I guess the practice spread, and the name with it.”

Oh, that other guy...absolute genius.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoni_Gaudí

Me, I'm just a hack.

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Philadelphia
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 am

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:24 am

:bricks: Current Week 12 Standings:

46 Pyrrho NO (8), Hou (3), Was (4), Det (6), Car (7), ATL (5), LaC (4), Cin (4), Buf (5)

32 Evolver NO (8), Hou (3), GB (5), LaC (4), KC (6), Ten (6)
32 izittrue GB (5), Oak (4), Car (7), KC (6), Den (3), LaR (7)
31 Enchantress NYG (1), Phi (8), Hou (3), Was (4), Den (3), Buf (5), Ten (6)
31 Radrick Sea (6), Det (6), Was (4), Hou (3), Jac (7), ATL (5)
31 gnome Sea (6), GB (5), Hou (3), ATL (5), KC (6), Ten (6)
30 Doctor X NYG (1), Hou (3), Min (8), MP (4), Was (4), Buf (5), Dal (5)

29 Grammatron Sea (6), Ind (3), Cin (4), Min (8), Chi (3), Dal (5)
27 shemp Sea (6), GB (5), Hou (3), ATL (5), Mia (4), Bal (4), LaR (7)
26 Anaxagoras NYJ (4), Min (8), Hou (3), Dal (5), Ten (6)
22 Mentat Det (6), TB (4), ATL (5), Den (3), Mia (4)
21 Wildcat Dal (5), Was (4), Hou (3), ATL (5), Mia (4)

As always, check my math . . . yes, you may use your fingers. . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_cqdZg4NCM&spfreload=10

Pyrrho Says, "Too Much Tits! No Points!"

--J. "Your Lives Have Ended, How You Use Your New Lives is Entirely Up to Me, That's the Theory, Anyways!" D.

shemp

Postby shemp » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Haven't checked any others but my score should be 34.

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

gnome

Postby gnome » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:22 pm

The rule of thumb I follow is that if there is anime instead of the movie theme on the standings list, that the results are not finalized.
--Soldier, TF2

shemp

Postby shemp » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Indeed, how could I have forgotten the secret code?

Return to “Sports & Recreation”