Ask me about Star Trek, SC edition

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
gnome

Post by gnome »

Bearguin wrote:Do the question have to be canon, or can I ask something from "How much for just the planet"?
Anything you like. I don't believe in the significance of "canon" :P
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

gnome

Post by gnome »

Bearguin wrote:What's the first word on page 93 of "Nightshade"? 1992 soft cover edition?

Hint. It's a proper name.
Hmmm...

"Sulu". That's a wild ass guess. If you know better, you didn't have to ask :)
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

gnome

Post by gnome »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Okay, gnome.

What are the names of the various Orbs of the Prophets in DS9?
Orb of Memory
Orb of Wisdom
Orb of Time
Orb of Prophecy
Orb of the Emissary
Orb of Truth
Orb of Destiny
Orb of Souls
Orb of Unity
Orb of Life
--Soldier, TF2

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

gnome wrote:
Bearguin wrote:What's the first word on page 93 of "Nightshade"? 1992 soft cover edition?

Hmmm...

"Sulu". That's a wild ass guess. If you know better, you didn't have to ask :)
Ah, I thought these were "try to stump Gnome with Trek Trivia" type questions, not just "want to know" questions. :P

gnome

Post by gnome »

Nyarlathotep wrote: Ah, I thought these were "try to stump Gnome with Trek Trivia" type questions, not just "want to know" questions. :P
It better not be trivia because I'm cheating like a bitch, then. :P

I am a geek but even I don't have all this memorized.
--Soldier, TF2

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Yeah, I know a lot of people consider DS9 to be the 'Red Headed Stepchild' of Trek, but I don't care, it's still MY favorite.
Your favorite what?

It isn't Star Trek, and neither is that thing with the froggy-woggy captain and the alleged Klingons who are really nice black people.
Ah, we have a TOS purist in our midst. I had a lot of resistance to TNG at first (I called it Star Trek: The Next Cancellation). But I do think TNG was a worthy sucessor to TOS and (late) DS9 was better than either for the reasons I already mentioned. It DID get old and tired after that, though.

Come December of 2008, you are REALLY going to freak out at seeing Matt Damon as Captain Kirk and Adrian Brody as Mr. Spock (and maybe Gary Sinise as McCoy). :P

I toast you as the purest form of Trekkie/Trekker, though. Myself, I try to steer clear of the Trekkie/Trekker "de-bakkle" :wink: (100 Elder God points to anyone who can identify THAT reference)
Last edited by Nyarlathotep on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

gnome wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Okay, gnome.

What are the names of the various Orbs of the Prophets in DS9?
Orb of Memory
Orb of Wisdom
Orb of Time
Orb of Prophecy
Orb of the Emissary
Orb of Truth
Orb of Destiny
Orb of Souls
Orb of Unity
Orb of Life
Cool, I can only ever remember three or four of them.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

I now remember what I fucking wanted to ask.

I know at some point in TNG they found that heavy warp use in one area of space creates some sort of anamoly. What was it?

Also, was Voyager fitted with some special organic warp drives that helped lessen or even eliminate the problem?

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

First!
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

TheAtheist

Post by TheAtheist »

Fuck, she could paint me any colour she liked.

izittrue

Post by izittrue »

ed wrote:

"Ed"
what's proper about Ed?
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

Grammatron wrote:
I know at some point in TNG they found that heavy warp use in one area of space creates some sort of anamoly. What was it?
"Force of Nature"

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Force_of_Nature

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:
Grammatron wrote:
"Force of Nature"

"Only Fags who still get beaten up for their milk money watched the Lost Generation."

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

gnome

Post by gnome »

CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:
Grammatron wrote:
"Force of Nature"

Worst... episode... EVER. (at least, on my short list)

You know what, it's a made up universe... why invent something that annoying? And then after setting it up, make it so easy to ignore and get around. Bleah. The "New Coke" episode.

BTW, good job finding that Charlie... as with my thread at TOP, others can answer if they want to (saves me the work)...
--Soldier, TF2

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Okay, the ULTIMATE question.

Kirk or Picard ? Or Sisko? Or (if we must) Janeway or Archer.

NightG1

Post by NightG1 »

Speaking of "colored" women...

NightG1

Post by NightG1 »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Okay, the ULTIMATE question.

Kirk or Picard ? Or Sisko? Or (if we must) Janeway or Archer.
Like there is actually a choice.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Did Q really talk to God?

Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

gnome wrote:
Bearguin wrote:Do the question have to be canon, or can I ask something from "How much for just the planet"?
Anything you like. I don't believe in the significance of "canon" :P
So, whats your opinion of Vulcans "knowing" god exists but still having issues with evil in the world (according to Spocks World).

Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

Grammatron wrote:Did Q really talk to God?
No.

But Q did get in trouble with the Green blur from one of TOS shows, the disembodied head from that really stupid movie (the one with Spocks half brother) and the entity outside of our galaxy that makes you go insane if you try to go through the barrier (the barrier was made by the Q to keep this thing out of our galaxy).