For Xouper, TamiO, and Whoever Else I Have Pissed Off

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

As I have privately indicated to some--mayhaps even publically--I care little for "sock hunts."

If it helps a poster to climax to "hide" for weeks and months only to ejaculate, "HA! I FOOLED you ALL!! I AM SPARTICUS!!" then I am afraid I must quote Capt. James Tiberius Kirk regarding their priorities.

Certainly, some idiots like GenghisPedophile and his playmates are rather obvious. Such are only interesting in that they threaten a board by posting potentially and then actually illegal material. Otherwise, I am afraid I care little one way or the other. This is particular here--where only one has been banned--more if you hold the belief the pedophile's playmates are real. So such a "Sockpuppet" of someone "from THERE" interests me not.

Whatever turns some people on. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

livius drusus

Post by livius drusus »

Doctor X wrote:As I have privately indicated to some--mayhaps even publically--I care little for "sock hunts."
Nor do I, and with the exception of identifying Genghi on IIDB, I have never engaged in the practice. I care even less, however, for being played.

And now, having expressed my chagrin, I shall gladly return to my semi-obscurity and simply ignore the various commedia dell'arte characters for whom I once suspended disbelief.
Whatever turns some people on. . . .
From your mouth to God's ear, my friend.

(P.S. - Speaking of turn-ons, you simply must check out this blog entry, J.D. Warning: you might need tissue to clean up afterwards.)
[url=http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/index.php?]Freethought Forum[/url]

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Imagine my disappointment . . . no leather involved and all of the girls were clearly over fifteen and [RIGHT! STOP THAT!--Ed.]

Anyways, "shades of things to come" for a "skeptic board" such as the JREF. When people become more concerned with "SAVING THE CHILDREN . . . THE CHILDREN!!!" than good discussion--what ever the hell "civility" means--forget it.

Granted, I have little respect for those who can only respond with invective ala our Dypareunic Duo. They are, however, easily crushed and ignored.

"Implied insult?!!"

Some people just never got picked for "Hall Monitor" and it still tortures them. . . .

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Soubrette

Post by Soubrette »

Hey Luke, you can be very impressive sometimes (not to imply that sometimes you're not impressive, just that sometimes you dig up up something above and beyond what the rest of us seem to be capable of :))

You think you've acted wrongly or inappropriately - so you want to do something about it, you have to deal with people tempting you to change your mind by telling you the actions you feel are wrong are justified - lots of people would grab on to that as an excuse to carry on and put aside their uncomfortable feelings and feel that maybe they were right all along.

You even carry on when accused of just playing another head game. Again lots of people would feel that if you can't be good then you might as well be bad.

Fair play to you mate - for what it's worth I've always liked you, don't agree with many of your opinion (especially political ;)) and today feel very proud I have a friend like you.

And hey go Sundog too :)

And which ever bastard put that fricking picture in should be apologising to all of us who now have to scroll all over the bloody place :evil:

Sou

PS I apologise Dr X

xouper

Post by xouper »

Luke T. wrote:
Chanileslie wrote:Now, if Luke wants to forgive her and move on with that, that is fine. I actually have no control in how Luke or TamiO act, that is up to them. But once again, it is down to the freedom to express oneself.
For me to forgive TamiO could be interpreted as taking a condescending position.

Look at my opening post again, folks, please. I did not come here to tell people I forgive them. I came here to apologize for my behavior toward them.
I think many of us got that, and as Mr. Cool Hand Scientist observed, that shows real strength of character. I admire that, especially since it shows by example something that ought to inspire me to aspire to. I'll work on it.
Doctor X wrote:Notices again that no one has apologized to [Luke] for their many sins against him. . .
Perhaps you missed my first post in this thread, back on page one, but I am happy to repeat it here too:
xouper wrote:Consider it done, Luke. Peace. And I apologize for all the crap I've posted at you.

tesseract

Post by tesseract »

Luke, congratulations on not responding in kind to the crap that's coming out. And on resisting the urge to do any sniping yourself.

It's an inspiration. I had an argument with a stranger earlier today -just weird. A conversation while waiting at a phone booth, and I let myself be led into an argument. I've spent about four hours obsessing about what I should have said.

I made the guy into the most important person in my life. I'm a looser. So I've dropped it. I'll never see the guy again and be able to convince him he's a jerk.

Good.

Now, if you'll just stop smoking...
Thrilled to be here

Soubrette

Post by Soubrette »

tesseract wrote:Luke, congratulations on not responding in kind to the crap that's coming out. And on resisting the urge to do any sniping yourself.

It's an inspiration. I had an argument with a stranger earlier today -just weird. A conversation while waiting at a phone booth, and I let myself be led into an argument. I've spent about four hours obsessing about what I should have said.

I made the guy into the most important person in my life. I'm a looser. So I've dropped it. I'll never see the guy again and be able to convince him he's a jerk.

Good.

Now, if you'll just stop smoking...
Hey that reminds me of a guy who on the motorway was zooming up the hardshoulder (because the traffic was slow) which is illegal, thoughtless and extremely dangerous. Then because there was an obstruction pushed (almost literally) in front of my car.

I was obsessive about that for the rest of the day - even to the extent of wishing I had a library card or something so I could flash it to him and pretend to be the police - just to scare the shit out of the stupid bugger. I still seethe about it on occasion now though - although just thinking what an asshole he is seems to make me feel better :)

(Impersoning a police officer is also illega, thoughtless and extremely dangerous :shock: )

Sou

Andalyn

Post by Andalyn »

livius drusus wrote:
Skeeve wrote: Sigh

I guess as the accused puppet of Ghengis Pwm...
Sigh...

Tami suggested that you were a sock. Period. You're the one who said she was accusing you of being Genghis. I imagine she thought you were jj all along.
but, well, Sparky, you really haven't learned a few things yet. PM me if you want to discuss this
:roll:

For your info:
I see evidence that Skeeve is GP...
http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/vi ... 0897#10897

and many other references by TamiO that Skeeve is GP in this thread:

TamiO likes to use the veiled and stealth attacks of innuendo and sarcasm. She then retreats when the public catches on and calls her on it.
[size=9][color=gray].[/size][/color]
[b][color=indigo]CAESAR SI VIVERET, AD REMUM DARERIS.[/color][/b]
[color=crimson]100 COOL POINTS to NightG1 for finding my batboy picture. He Rocketh![/color]

tamiO

Post by tamiO »

Andalyn wrote:
livius drusus wrote:
Skeeve wrote: Sigh

I guess as the accused puppet of Ghengis Pwm...
Sigh...

Tami suggested that you were a sock. Period. You're the one who said she was accusing you of being Genghis. I imagine she thought you were jj all along.
but, well, Sparky, you really haven't learned a few things yet. PM me if you want to discuss this
:roll:

For your info:
I see evidence that Skeeve is GP...

and many other references by TamiO that Skeeve is GP in this thread:

That's pretty cool. The quote you pulled makes it look like I just came out and accused Skeeve of being GP, but let's have a look at the entire post and red that snippet in context.
tamiO wrote:
Skeeve wrote:
hgc wrote:
Skeeve wrote:...
You are a mean, mean, nasty person, Tammie.
Hey GP, can you fucking read? The name is Tami, not Tammie.
Your evidence, please, that I'm the pervert GP?

Tammie, this is proof positive that you have done me harm.

Please make it clear to this "HGC" person is that some kind of off-kilter nuitritional sellers or what? person that I am not GP, and that you had no reason to ever make such a disgusting accusation.

See what your meanness leads to?

Now HGC is being mean, too.
HGC - you big meanie,

I see evidence that Skeeve is GP, but it's not solid evidence, just words, phrasing and clues like that; not anything that would hold enough weight to officially accuse him. It's a suspicion. I am considering he might be someone else now. All I know is,

I doubt his claim that he is new to us or the history of that "JREF place."

Have fun!
The context changes the impact of the snippet Andalyn quoted. I think Andalyn is just itching to make me look bad. Especially since I told Chani off.
Andalyn wrote: TamiO likes to use the veiled and stealth attacks of innuendo and sarcasm. She then retreats when the public catches on and calls her on it.
Yep. He is doing pretty much the same thing she was doing. Telling people what a bad person I am and describing my "tactics." The whole, "she retreats when the public catches on," is how people like Chani and Andalyn rationalise my leaving a thread when people start getting personal and ridiculous.

I confess to being sarcastic, but "veiled and stealth attacks of innuendo" are things that Andalyn reads into my posts. Anytime people get caught up in a debate and make it personal, they start imagining ulterior motives, veiled and implied insults, etc.

For instance, if you change your mind in a debate, you are flip-flopping or if it's especially personal the other guy will accuse you of lying. If you apologise, you are being insincere and backpeddling.

In Andalyn's case, I have walked away from threads where he started doing these things and that is interpreted as "She then retreats when the public catches on and calls her on it." It makes people double mad when you won't sink to their level and walk away when they are trying to fight with you.

When my oldest was a teenager, she was quite fiesty. I would say, "Let's stop. I m starting to say things I don't mean," and I would walk away. Damn if she wouldn't follow me from room to room wanting to keep up the fight. That's what you are seeing when people like Andalyn and Chani show up in a thread and start sniping at me. I have walked away from them and ignored them when they were itching for a fight. Only online, instead of room to room, they follow me from thread to thread and in this case, forum to forum.

I have even been accused of hiding behind my illness and using it to gain sympathy or attention by people who got mad that I wouldn't fight. One member of JREF, who is all sweetness and light - a virtual poster child for innocence - accused me of faking my life tragedies like Hellcat. That is sad. The more I ignore them the madder they get and the more ridiculous the sniping gets.

After I walked away from the Luciana/Cheating thread without a fight, I couldn't post anywhere on JREF without a sniper following me. Even a moderator got a warning for it. I remember in that very thread, someone noticed that I wasn't fighting back and people's accusatory, insult laden posts were piling up and someone posted that maybe they should lay off because they were starting to look bad and they didn't want me to gain unwarranted sympathy.

Complain and express that you feel unwanted in a forum? You are accused of pulling a Hal. Complain that people are harrassing you? Get accused of trying to play the victim for sympathy.

Looks like I rambled a bit. I hope I used someone's favorite "tamiO tactic" in this post. I'm sure I'll hear about it if I did. :)

viscousmemories

Post by viscousmemories »

Excellent post, TamiO, and I think very accurate. I've never been accused of being disingenuous by anyone whose word is worth a nickel, but I hesitated to make this post lauding you because I'm almost certain to hear it now. I think that's pretty sad too.

It's just "poisoning the well". Got a weak argument? No problem. Just convince everyone the person you're arguing against can't be trusted. Bingo. They will say it's perfectly reasonable to 'forewarn' people about a "pattern of behavior". Of course that's bullshit, because the "pattern of behavior" these people will demonstrate will invariably be selective and biased, and hence not typically worth the paper it's printed on.

Anyway this thread is of course Luke's thread, which he created to express something of importance to him. I would hope that even those people who think you're the devil incarnate would at least have enough respect for Luke not to shit all over his thread, but I guess not.

Cloverlief

Post by Cloverlief »

ceptimus wrote:
Chanileslie wrote:
tamiO wrote:Chani - shove it up your ass. jj- fuck off.

I give up. What a bunch of fucked up dysfunctional people. I can't believe I have wasted my time with people like you.
Wow, you are such a delicate flower.
You insult Tami all the time, and when she takes a turn back at you, you use this as 'evidence' that you were right. It's about time you got those logs removed from your eyes.
Please provide evidence that I "insult Tami all the time". I should like to see where this is true. My opening post in this thread could be construed as an insult to TamiO, that much is true, and you are welcome to use it as part of your 'evidence', but I should like you to provide me with more than that one instance.
Chani

tamiO

Post by tamiO »

Chanileslie wrote:
Please provide evidence that I "insult Tami all the time".
I bet he was exaggerating. Stop being so lame.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

livius drusus wrote:Tami suggested that you were a sock. Period. You're the one who said she was accusing you of being Genghis.
Bull flop.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

livius drusus

Post by livius drusus »

Skeeve wrote:
livius drusus wrote:Tami suggested that you were a sock. Period. You're the one who said she was accusing you of being Genghis.
Bull flop.
Feel free to provide a link, but Andalyn already tried his bestest and all he could come up with was Tami saying you could be Genghis or you could be someone else from JREF, and even that was long after you had put on your who you calling Genghis pedophile pedophile pedophile what is this JREF you speak of act.

As far as I am concerned you jerked me around both in public and private. See ya.
[url=http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/index.php?]Freethought Forum[/url]

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

livius drusus wrote:
Skeeve wrote:
Bull flop.
Feel free to provide a link, but Andalyn already tried his bestest and all he could come up with was Tami saying you could be Genghis or you could be someone else from JREF, and even that was long after you had put on your who you calling Genghis pedophile pedophile pedophile what is this JREF you speak of act.

As far as I am concerned you jerked me around both in public and private. See ya.
My position is simple. Her implications, or insinuations, or whatever you wish to call them, were obvious and plain, as was her insinuation that I ought to be banned as well because GP was banned.

As far as you feel jerked around, I'm sorry that you feel that way.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

xouper:
Doctor X wrote:

Notices again that no one has apologized to [Luke] for their many sins against him. . . [/i]

Perhaps you missed my first post in this thread, back on page one, but I am happy to repeat it here too:

xouper wrote:
Consider it done, Luke. Peace. And I apologize for all the crap I've posted at you.
No. NO! Not LukeT! ME! It is all about ME!

VM:
Anyway this thread is of course Luke's thread, . . .
NO!! MY THREAD!!! About ME! ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!

--J. "ME!" D.

Andalyn

Post by Andalyn »

Okay, let's break it down:

In this thread, TamiO begins the accusations of sockpuppetry here:

First hint of sockpuppet accusation.

Then TamiO mentions she doesn't like Skeeve, and blatantly labels him/her a sock here:

http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/vi ... 0235#10235

Here she states she again doesn't like Skeeve, because he sounds fake:

http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/vi ... 0254#10254

FIRST MENTION OF GP HERE, by none other than TamiO:

http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/vi ... 0263#10263

Here, TamiO reacts to me asking her why she mentioned "banning" in the same breath of Skeeve as sockpuppet. She replies here:

http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/vi ... 0301#10301

I asked TamiO specifically if her motherhood instincts (from earlier reference) told her that Skeeve was GP. She did not deny it, but rather made yet another veiled and insinuating statement, here:

http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/vi ... 0636#10636

Here, TamiO retreats a bit and states she doesn't accuse Skeeve of being GP:

http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/vi ... 0751#10751

However, much to TamiO's delight - the damage is wrought. Others begin accusing Skeeve of being GP:

http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/vi ... 0752#10752

Skeeve asked TamiO to respond to HGC and tell him that he isn't GP (remember - she just posted that doesn't accuse him of being GP anymore). Anyway, her response is that she does "see evidence that Skeeve is GP".

Anyway, that's about it. TamiO makes first reference to Skeeve being a sock, makes first reference to GP, makes first reference to a banned user posting, retreats, then states she "sees evidence". TamiO failed to provide said "evidence".

I suppose that's better than my "bestest" - but I'm sure you and yours will believe what you wish. Unfortunately, the thread still exists - and is there to read in all it's glory.

Remember - the claim was that Skeeve FIRST stated that TamiO called him GP. I stated that TamiO clearly insinuated that he was. That is how she operates. Hopefully, I have shown that this is indeed what happened.

Please feel free to read the entire thread. It's only 4 pages. :)
[color=crimson]100 COOL POINTS to NightG1 for finding my batboy picture. He Rocketh![/color]

viscousmemories

Post by viscousmemories »

Andalyn wrote:Remember - the claim was that Skeeve FIRST stated that TamiO called him GP.
Well as long as you're going to keep shitting on Luke's thread, I might as well try to help clean it up. Who made that claim and where?

Rosencrantz

Post by Rosencrantz »

This is so amazingly silly. Having read at least two threads where Skeeve has posted a response for jj and then jj jumps in to get mad at Skeeve for trying to make it look like she's his sock, I have become convinced jj and Skeeve are the same poster. Why does this matter? It doesn't really, except that it seems like a silly game and I don't see why it should act as more fuel for poster vendettas. If jj wants to play this little game of mythtaken identity, so be it. It just hurts his own credibility. Can't we just ignore it?

Regarding Luke T.'s behavior, I think it's nice he seems resolved to improve it. Whether or not he does, I think this is a good time for everyone to try to follow his example. It doesn't make quite as exciting reading, but it does create a more comfortable sense of community. Can we all just pretend we don't know each other very well? Or at least keep in mind that there's people here who aren't involved in the drama? In my experience, people behave much more considerately in front of strangers.

Andalyn

Post by Andalyn »

viscousmemories wrote:
Andalyn wrote:Remember - the claim was that Skeeve FIRST stated that TamiO called him GP.
Well as long as you're going to keep shitting on Luke's thread, I might as well try to help clean it up. Who made that claim and where?
LOL Tomas...

Here:

livius drusus wrote: Sigh...

Oh, and here:

http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/vi ... 5403#45403
livius drusus wrote: I'm shocked and appalled overreaction/red herring Skeeve put out there the minute Tami said the sock word.
Thanks Tomas for attempting to silence me. I noted you didn't complain to livius for making these comments in Luke's thread.

Quite simply, I'm reacting to her reaction to Skeeve. Period. She made a statement which was not correct. I didn't think she was purposely being untruthful, but rather just got her facts wrong. I really just wished to correct her misinterpretation of the events.