A Home For Bruce

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Witness

Re: A Home For Bruce

Post by Witness » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:37 am

sparks wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:51 pm
Holy shit! A lovely place to explore. Booze is most likely superb. How was the food?
It's the Aran Islands in the bay of Galway, not the Arran Island in Scotland, so mostly Black Bush & Guinness, fish & chips and stews. I must admit booze & food were much better in the Shetlands.

But the place is fantastic: practically no trees, some grass for the animals (and foxes & bunnies), and wast swaths of naked limestone (with fossils), polished and eroded by the rains:

The island was so poor the inhabitants, apart from fishing and a bit of ship wrecking, dug beds into the limestone and tried to grow potatoes in a mixture of beach sand and seaweed.
They also made famous sweaters, each family having its personal type of knot – so the corpse wearing it could later be identified as crabs don't eat wool. Well, you can still get them, and I have one.

It's also the Mecca of Celtic Music©, even the Picts themselves come there to learn from the masters.

People are a bit gruff, but earned my sympathy: drinking in one of the pubs around midnight I saw two young Guardai coming in to enforce closing hours. Everybody laughed and gently, very gently, pushed them out the door. They never came back. :mrgreen:

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:48 am

sparks wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:22 am
Imagine the amount of food that must've been eaten to enable humans to move that many rocks... I mean... Fuck!
My dad made his mother a patio out of rocks we plucked from our land.

I think he mostly found them in a stream bed though. We had a tractor and a wagon.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:54 pm

:twisted: