A Home For Bruce

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
clarsct

Re: A Home For Bruce

Post by clarsct » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:24 pm

In the Mouth....slide down the guts of the beast.

anyway
Brucetta is on the way to world domination...she probably has a lair picked out, already....two steps ahead...
When Religion becomes State, and breaking the Law becomes a Sin, then Dissenters will become Heretics.

"Reading other people's opinions is a good way to avoid thinking." --My Wife

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:23 am

DrMatt wrote:
grayman wrote:In the market for a nuke-proof bunker?
A certain segment of the population likes to be prepared for the worst, and for many doomsday scenarios, decommissioned underground nuclear missile silos are the ultimate hideout.
Plus then you could re-enact Operation Crossbow.
Or even more apropos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Crossroads

grayman

Post by grayman » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Graves Island lighthouse not your average fixer-upper
For sale by owner: Antique five-story structure built in 1903. Ten-acre property, majestic water views with private dock. Two bedrooms, kitchen/library potential, no baths. Needs work.

So a conventional real estate listing might look for a piece of property for sale on Graves Island, 9 miles off the Massachusetts coast. When the owner is the US government, however, and the property is a 110-year-old working lighthouse anchored to a rocky, wave-battered ledge near the entrance to Boston Harbor, that hardly does the offering justice.

For that matter, simply getting to, and into, the lighthouse...presents a formidable challenge for anyone looking to buy what would be a truly novel vacation home.
You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:51 am

grayman wrote:Graves Island lighthouse not your average fixer-upper
For sale by owner: Antique five-story structure built in 1903. Ten-acre property, majestic water views with private dock. Two bedrooms, kitchen/library potential, no baths. Needs work.

So a conventional real estate listing might look for a piece of property for sale on Graves Island, 9 miles off the Massachusetts coast. When the owner is the US government, however, and the property is a 110-year-old working lighthouse anchored to a rocky, wave-battered ledge near the entrance to Boston Harbor, that hardly does the offering justice.

For that matter, simply getting to, and into, the lighthouse...presents a formidable challenge for anyone looking to buy what would be a truly novel vacation home.
I've dreamed of living in a place like this. A private fortress, nothing but the sound of the ocean waves, no neighbors, and the recent upheaval of sharks in these parts is an extra bonus. No seal shit or unwanted visitors to worry about.

There's only one problem, as I see it. It's a long way to the top.

Such potential!

gnome

Post by gnome » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:35 am

Whee?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

grayman

Post by grayman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:13 pm

You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:40 am

Thanks. 8)

I'm intrigued by the one in Scottland. Abandoned since 1933, yet there's still goats grazing in the fields. Have these goats been wild for almost 100 years?
Such potential!

Cool Hand

Post by Cool Hand » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:18 am

Bruce wrote:

I've dreamed of living in a place like this. A private fortress, nothing but the sound of the ocean waves, no neighbors, and the recent upheaval of sharks in these parts is an extra bonus. No seal shit or unwanted visitors to worry about.
I'll bet you could talk your insurance agent into giving you a discount on your homeowner's premiums for its being virtually burglar-proof. You wouldn't even need ADT.

CH
....life purpose is pay taxes -- pillory 12/05/13

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

"Time" -- Pink Floyd

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Cool Hand wrote: I'll bet you could talk your insurance agent into giving you a discount on your homeowner's premiums for its being virtually burglar-proof. You wouldn't even need ADT.

CH
Um, hello. Pirates? :x

They're always after me booty. :oops:
Such potential!

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:54 pm

But it's such a cute booty.

Considering its age.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

grayman

Post by grayman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Bruce wrote:
Cool Hand wrote: I'll bet you could talk your insurance agent into giving you a discount on your homeowner's premiums for its being virtually burglar-proof. You wouldn't even need ADT.

CH
Um, hello. Pirates? :x

They're always after me booty. :oops:
Hello? Sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.

grayman

Post by grayman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Hmm. IIRC ...

Not all that remote after all.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos. -- Abdul Alhazred

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:30 am

I was about to hit the THANKS button, but then Abdul ruined it. :x

On the other hand, I'm not liking the hill behind the house. I would be embarrassing to have my house buried in an avalanche in the winter. :oops:
Such potential!

robinson
Title: Be good to each other

Post by robinson » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:40 pm

It doesn't snow in Guernsey
You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

robinson
Title: Be good to each other

Post by robinson » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:40 pm

It doesn't snow in Guernsey
You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:23 pm

robinson wrote:It doesn't snow in Guernsey
Not yet.
Such potential!

swellman

Post by swellman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:10 am

Sold for $933,888 to an unknown buyer. A new record price for a lighthouse.

grayman

Post by grayman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:36 pm

How about...Underground Vegas estate lets you weather the apocalypse
The late Girard “Jerry” G. Henderson, an entrepreneur who had an interest in technology and a strong desire to protect his family from the atom bomb, spent millions creating the perfect nuclear hideaway. Now his 16,000-square-foot underground house, situated in southeast Las Vegas at 3970 Spencer St., is on the market.

...take an elevator down 26 feet beneath the ground and you’ll find another house--this one truly built to last.

In fact, the home has been preserved in all its 1970s-era glory, including a now-retro kitchen (lower left photo), bright pink walls and a fake backyard fit for the Brady Bunch.

Badger

Post by Badger » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:57 pm

grayman wrote:How about...Underground Vegas estate lets you weather the apocalypse
The late Girard “Jerry” G. Henderson, an entrepreneur who had an interest in technology and a strong desire to protect his family from the atom bomb, spent millions creating the perfect nuclear hideaway. Now his 16,000-square-foot underground house, situated in southeast Las Vegas at 3970 Spencer St., is on the market.

...take an elevator down 26 feet beneath the ground and you’ll find another house--this one truly built to last.

In fact, the home has been preserved in all its 1970s-era glory, including a now-retro kitchen (lower left photo), bright pink walls and a fake backyard fit for the Brady Bunch.

That's a horrifying kitchen. Some of the wall-paper is hurl-worthy, too, but for $1.7 mill it's probably not a bad deal, especially if you can subsidise your income hydroponically.
Nineteen tequilas later, we had a deal.
You are my density. (G. McFly)
As my daddy always said, always check the fine print for penectomies. (punchdrunk)
Opinions aren't like assholes, because I don't know anyone with a million assholes.
Bettie Page set the standard for fetish models. (selwynator12/5/2008 5:34:37 PM)
Rugby players eat their dead.