Japan

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Re: Japan

Post by ed » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:50 am

Witness wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:45 am
Suicide now leading cause of death among children aged 10 to 14 in Japan

Suicide has become the leading cause of death among children aged 10 to 14 in Japan for the first time in the postwar period, an analysis of government demographic data has shown.

While the total number of people across the country who kill themselves has declined remarkably in recent years, statistics released by the health ministry for 2017 showed that 100 children in that particular age group took their own lives, accounting for 22.9 percent of all deaths in their generation.

Cancer came second for the age bracket, at 22.7 percent, followed by accidents at 11.7 percent.

Among Japanese nationals, the overall number of suicides peaked in 2003 at more than 32,000 before declining to 20,465 in 2017. However, the number of suicides per 100,000 people among those aged 10 to 19 remains flat.

Among those between 15 and 39, meanwhile, suicide has been the dominant cause of death since 2012. About half of those who killed themselves were in their 20s.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/ ... JYpp3Ao-Ul

Must be the growth of the prevalence of guns.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 am

This one was the original production in English.

Very inferior to Lotte Lenya doing it, Or Satchmo, or even Sinatra,
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:01 pm

However Lotte Lenya was in high style in that production.

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:57 am

Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:17 am

Spoiler:
Quote Redacted by Section 31

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:25 am

You just want me to post pictures from The Attack of the Mushroom People.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:30 am

Sure why not. Sounds entertaining.
Spoiler:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:38 am

You do not know, YOU do not know, お前らは知りない?

Evidences:

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:54 am

I authentically had never heard of it until now.

But it sounds entertaining.
Spoiler:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:15 am

I am disappoint.

It is . . . not . . . nearly as bad as it is in that it is the standard Young Kids Go Out but in earlier post-war Japanese film. Naturally, "Bad Things" happen. But they all try to make a decent film of it. Like all "Coming of Age Horror" it is:
  • 1. Kids go somewhere.
    2. Kids do what they do.
    3. OH FUCK NO!
in a way, it is similar to the Japanese Original The Thing, which is a remake, in that people find themselves "stuck" in a bad situation, which is the plot of Alien and a lot of good horror.

[It has people running about in mushroom costumes.--Ed.]

Oh hush.

--J.D.

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:36 pm

Spoiler:
Seiryu Miharashi station, basically just a viewing platform for the scenery. :)
Source.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:56 am

証拠

--J.D.

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:34 pm

Japan pension office branch head replaced after hate speech tweets

TOKYO – The head of a Tokyo pension office who repeatedly tweeted discriminatory remarks against individuals including South Koreans was replaced Monday.

The Japan Pension Service, a government organization, and other sources said that in the now deleted tweets, Yukihisa Kasai called South Koreans "cowardly people with vassal-like spirits" and said, "Korean residents should be purged from Japan and new entries refused."

Kasai, who headed the JPS branch office in Setagaya Ward, also described Japanese opposition lawmakers as "a group of extortionists who get money for just being there."

Kasai admitted he was the originator of the tweets after people pinned him down on Twitter, according to the JPS, which effectively dismissed him by transferring him to the human resource division of the body, administered by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.
https://japantoday.com/category/nationa ... ech-tweets

HR? ideal! :mrgreen:

shuize

Post by shuize » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:19 am

Witness wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:34 pm
Yukihisa Kasai called South Koreans "cowardly people with vassal-like spirits" ...
Bureaucrat in land of yes-men “salary men” living under the American nuclear umbrella and “no war” peace constitution says what-what?

The South Koreans I’ve dealt with have been many things, but “cowardly” is not one of them.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:07 am

shuize wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:19 am
The South Koreans I’ve dealt with have been many things, but “cowardly” is not one of them.
Yeah, I knew a "ROC Marine," and "cowardly" was the last adjective I would apply to him.

The Japanese racism towards Koreans remains legendary. Something about repeatedly invading the country, raping and pillaging it, carrying off people as slaves whose descendants live in Japan generations later but cannot be considered citizens. All the while the right wing periodically insists that they need to "keep their place" and "show more respect."

In this very thread, we ["We?"--Ed.] 僕たち have seen some examples. I have mentioned the parts that get censored from Barefoot Gen where "Gen" spews racial slurs at Koreans forced to live and work in Hiroshima. There is a video where a Japanese tutor explains why you do not use the various versions of "you" in Japanese as a mayor and a right-wing Cunt confront one another using such until they have to be held back. Any concept of "Japan is polite" does not exist. It looks like a yakuza movie confrontation.

Said Cunt is an "Anti-Korean Party" member who is just so pissed off that there are Koreans in Osaka.

Then there was the uproar over a McDonalds ad where the very helpful server makes the mistake of "bowing like a Korean" which Anax did not recognize.

Oh and the attempts to stop statues to the Comfort Women. The attempted lawsuit in USA!USA!USA! are particularly hilarious. Snowflakes could learn something from these Cunts.

This is what happens when a culture does not face up to its past.

In the rain.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:15 pm

A high school dance club from Osaka may never have expected to become celebrities when their fabulous ’80s-inspired “bubbly dance,” which won second place at a local competition, became world-famous two years ago. Since then the Tomioka High Dance Club filmed a promotional video featuring a dance to the song “This is Me” before the release of the musical The Greatest Showman, and now they’ve achieved their second major break: starring in a TV commercial!

The commercial, which was directed by former member and famous choreographer Akane, replicates a classic 90’s commercial known as the “Takefuji Dance“. This new version was choreographed by former members of the group in the style of the original commercials, with the girls wearing characteristically tight suits and dancing to the same, lively song that starts with a rousing “Let’s Go!”

Wokketu NUUZU!
--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:52 am

--J.D.

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:27 pm

Japanese aghast at prospect of extra-long holiday to celebrate coronation

Some workers view special 10-day break with horror, worrying how to fill the time and concerned that tourist sites will be overcrowded

Japan will begin the unprecedented holiday on 27 April, days before Emperor Akihito abdicates to make way for his eldest son, Naruhito, whose Reiwa reign will begin on 1 May. The holiday will finally end on 6 May.
[…]
The travel industry is experiencing a windfall, with bookings for overseas trips – particularly long-haul flights to Europe – already far exceeding those in an average year.

“Most of our tours for the holiday period were sold out last year,” said Hideki Wakamatsu, a spokesman for Nippon Travel Agency, adding that many others were on the waiting list.

But not everyone is happy. Employees on non-regular contracts who are paid by the hour or day are worried about a loss of income, while some parents are fretting over how to keep their young children occupied over the long break.

“For parents in the service sector, the 10 days of holiday is a headache. After-school care, nurseries - everything is closed,” one anxious parent tweeted.

Many people simply have no idea what to do with the extra days off.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... coronation

:mrgreen:

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 pm

Wait, am I going to get 10 days off?

I'll have to look into this when I get to work in a couple hours from now.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:55 pm

No, 外人 work!

For the Great Pacific Co-Prosperity Sphere!

And tentacles.

--J.D.