Japan

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Anaxagoras

Re: Japan

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon May 27, 2019 8:08 am

New version of an old idea.

三度笠
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 am

Still silly.

--J.D.

P.S. Would not catch USA!USA!USA! wearing three-cornered hats, goodness no!
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue May 28, 2019 1:18 pm

William Shakespeare

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu May 30, 2019 4:14 am

Like trains in Egypt. :mrgreen:

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu May 30, 2019 12:21 pm

In Egypt it's part of the religion.

What's the deal in Japan?

I think I know in a general way, but I would like some local color. 8)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu May 30, 2019 1:09 pm

The reason is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chikan_(body_contact)

My wife told me that she was groped multiple times when she was a young woman. Including when she was in high school. She had to commute to her school on a very crowded train and it was so crowded that it was impossible to get away from it. Perverts would target trains like that for exactly that reason. I think things have improved a lot since the bad old days when no one took it seriously. They take it seriously now and if you are caught doing it you will be in big trouble. Women-only train cars are another thing that came out of it. They didn't used to be that way here. Not when I first came to Japan. It's a sort of recent development.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu May 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Interesting.

Of course it happens on the NY subway, but the stomp on the instep is a good deterrent.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:09 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:21 am

8 types of chikan perverts found on Japanese trains

when they come in "types."

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:25 am

or

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:59 pm

Wow.

BTW, I have it on good authority that she is rooting for the St. Louis Blues.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:59 pm

She would have too much taste to root for the Jets of course.

--J.D.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Witness wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:14 am

Like trains in Egypt. :mrgreen:
I self-identify as a chick from 7:30am to 8:45am
My chick name is Maxine.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:28 pm

Japanese police and prosecutors now required to record some interrogations

Japanese police and prosecutors are now obliged to record interrogations of suspects in serious criminal cases as legal revisions fully came into force Saturday.

Under the revisions, the entire interrogation process must be recorded in cases subject to lay judge trials, including cases of murder and robbery resulting in death, as well as cases investigated by special prosecutor squads, which often deal with corporate crimes and corruption.

Interrogations of suspects who have mental disabilities will also have to be recorded in full.

The revisions are designed to prevent illegal outcomes, such as forced confessions, and to protect people from facing false charges. Audiovisual recordings will be used to establish the credibility of defendants’ statements in trials.

But cases subject to the change account for only about 3 percent of the total, and the introduction of the measure to improve transparency will be limited to the questioning of suspects who have been arrested or detained, not those who speak to investigators on a voluntary basis.

Critics often point to a lack of transparency in interrogations conducted by Japanese police and prosecutors, as lawyers are not allowed to be present during questioning.

Police and prosecutors have already started recording interrogations in most designated cases. In fiscal 2017, interrogations in 2,583 cases, or 98.4 percent, of those subject to citizen judge trials were fully recorded at prosecutors’ offices nationwide.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/ ... Pbhl3BUOUl

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:31 pm

ed wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:31 pm
I self-identify as a chick from 7:30am to 8:45am
My chick name is Maxine.
That shit don't fly in Japan.

Sorry about that. :P

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:22 am

Rare Diet resolution passed to increase pressure on Hodaka Maruyama to quit over Russia war remarks

The Lower House of the Diet on Thursday passed a rare resolution urging a lawmaker to quit over his controversial remarks that alluded to Tokyo waging war with Moscow to regain control of a group of disputed islands.

The resolution by eight ruling and opposition parties against Hodaka Maruyama that was unanimously adopted at a plenary session of the House of Representatives states that he is “not qualified as a Diet member” and presses him to make a decision on his future as a Diet lawmaker.

Maruyama, 35, was expelled from the opposition Nippon Ishin no Kai shortly after he made the remarks in May during a visa-free exchange program between Japan and Russia. He has so far defied pressure from opposition party lawmakers to resign, saying his future is “up to a judgment of eligible voters to be made in an election.”

[…]

A drunk Maruyama also expressed an urge to go to a bar near his lodging place on the island of Kunashiri, asking, “Are those places with neon signs bars? … Are there women?” adding, “I want to go out to grope breasts.”
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/ ... Pm7e3BUOUk

And I thought the Japanese knew how to drink. :|

Don Logan

Post by Don Logan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:57 am

This is a girl you know. That spunk rag Anaxagoras opened his fuckin' gob about her lack of pores 'while back!

Fuckin' wankers:
Superstar singer Ayumi Hamasaki criticized by fans for “inappropriate” Instagram picture

People apparently just want the ever-young celebrity to act her age.

These days the list of things to be outraged about is pretty long. Some things are worth addressing, like racism, sexism, and anti-Semitism, but sometimes the things that people get riled up about, particularly when it comes to celebrities in Japan, are major head-scratchers. Putting your hands in your pockets when it’s cold outside? …How dare you? Tattooing your family’s names on your shoulder? For shame…?

Even fashion icon and superstar singer Ayumi Hamasaki, famous for dominating the Japanese pop music scene in the 2000s, is not immune. She’s been under fire by Korean fans before, but now Japanese fans are mad at her too. Why? Because she posted a photo of herself sitting in a shopping cart on Instagram.

The picture looks entirely harmless. Ayumi is sitting in a red shopping cart, with her knees folded in front of her, wearing stylish round sunglasses and casually dangling her wedge sandals over the edge of the cart. She’s smiling happily and looking like she’s having a great time, and since the picture is off-center, and the colors of the graffiti-painted buildings behind her are bright and vibrant, it’s actually a pretty artistic shot.

But Japanese netizens had nothing but criticism for the photo, according to livedoor news. Many thought posing like this was inappropriate for a 40-year-old woman. Since Hamasaki is an internationally renowned celebrity, she is a representative of Japan, and has an undeniable influence on the youth of Japan. Apparently, sitting in a shopping cart is shockingly immature behavior for a woman of her age and stature.

Interestingly, people seemed half-pleased that she had removed her shoes before climbing in–as a polite gesture to maintaining the cleanliness of the cart, perhaps?–but some said it was not enough, and she was still setting a bad example by being in the cart at all. “Shopping carts are not for riding!” some people allegedly criticized.

Some Jap Cunts
Jackie played this:

when she stuck her finger up me bum.

I rather liked it.

Maybe forty but all the geezers come by the video store. "Dirty Ayumi-chan!" "Wednesday's Wank with Ayumi!" Such a stain!

The cunt don't wan'ta sing during the fuckin' Olympics!

But she will! SHE WILL! SHE WILL! SHE WILL! SHE WILL!
SHADDUP!

Teddy Bass
Title: Mr. Black Magic Himself

Post by Teddy Bass » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:05 am

If I cared, Don! if I fucking cared!

If I gave a solitary fuck about Ayumi!

I need Hitomi.

I've only got a twenty.
If I cared, Gal. If I fucking cared. If I gave a solitary fuck about. . . .

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:08 am

Ah, yes... "Act your age" is a common saying in Japan.

年相応にふるまいなさい.
Act your age!

いい年してみっともない
too old to act shamelessly
いい年をしてみっともない.
You ought to know better at your age.

It's a bit of a joke here, though. I don't know if people were genuinely upset or if was just a little gentle ribbing on her.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 am

There is a catchy J-Pop song [From over a decade ago.--Ed.] 嘘だ!叔父さん![叔父さんじゃない。--Ed.] where the girl teases her tentacle monster boyfriend when she sneaks a kiss OUT IN PUBLIC about how all of the "old people" watching think she is 子供じみている. Interesting grammatical construction that.

"Act your age!" seems to be a universal concept from the old to the young.

If Japan had lawns. . . .

Anyways, typical idol fans and critics upset someone does not maintain their fantasy.

--J.D.