Japan

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Re: Japan

Post by Hotarubi »

Rob Lister wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:25 am Who the fuck would report a lost umbrella?
Have a look to see how much Gucci umbrellas sell for...
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Rob Lister wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:25 am not to nitpick but I see a a small umbrellas were reported lost. Who the fuck would report a lost umbrella? Who would track it? I wonder if they have a division at the police that specializes in recovering them.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
Witness

Post by Witness »

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Could go in the kitten pics thread, but I'll put it here:

An エゾクロテン, (Ezo Sable)
A species of marten native to Hokkaido.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Virtual Shibuya readies for launch with Ghost in the Shell event

Supposedly happening about 12 minutes from now. (Current time is 18:48 in Japan)
Tokyo’s popular entertainment and commercial district Shibuya is set to go virtual in May welcoming visitors as avatars to an online opening event at its famous “scramble” crossing.

Online entertainment venue and digital content platform “Virtual Shibuya” is set to launch on May 19, offering what platform creators are calling the “Mirror World,” a digital twin to the Japanese capital’s pop cultural hub.

The platform comes out of the “Shibuya 5G Entertainment Project” which launched in January this year. Some 50 companies and organizations, including mobile carrier KDDI Corp. and the Shibuya City Tourism Association, are collaborating on the project which aims to explore the possibilities of the 5G wireless network to promote Shibuya as a creative and cultural hub.

“Virtual Shibuya” will allow would-be visitors to the city to enjoy the area’s culture from the comfort of their home, combining advanced technology and entertainment content to create a virtual event space which will host live performances, exhibitions and talk events.

Visitors at home will be able to move freely around the virtual event spaces in the form of avatars where they can interact with other event spectators via their smartphones, PCs and VR devices.

The platform will also enable visitors to explore the city’s digital twin by enjoying extended reality (XR) content such as art installations deployed in the same spot in both the real and virtual Shibuya. Confused? Don’t worry, you’re probably not the only one!

The opening of “Virtual Shibuya” kicks off with “Shibuya Ghost NIGHT” (#渋谷攻殻 NIGHT by au5G) an event which brings the world of the Netflix original anime series Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 to the iconic scramble crossing in the city’s digital twin.
William Shakespeare
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Meh.
William Shakespeare
Witness

Post by Witness »

Okinawa City monorail – entertaining to watch for a minute or two:

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Witness wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:13 am
Carlos Ghosn: Fugitive ex-Nissan boss insists: 'I did not escape justice'

Mr Ghosn reiterated his denials of the charges against him and his claim that "unscrupulous, vindictive individuals" at Nissan were behind what happened.

He also claimed he was interrogated by up to eight hours without lawyers present and that he was told by Japanese prosecutors: "It will get worse for you if you don't just confess."

Mr Ghosn said: "There was no way I was going to be treated fairly, no sign that I would have a normal life for the next four or five years.

"It is not very difficult to come to the conclusion 'you are going to die in Japan or you are going to have to get out'.
https://news.sky.com/story/fugitive-car ... e-11903734
Update!

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2020/ ... flee-japan
A former Green Beret and his son were arrested in Mass. They allegedly smuggled the ex-Nissan chairman out of Japan in a box.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

How can they be prosecuted when Joe Biden used his position to quash an investigation of his son and is now indicted . . . no . . . wait . . . wrong thread.

English is to blame for the spread of Corona-chan

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

Doctor X wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:35 am How can they be prosecuted when Joe Biden used his position to quash an investigation of his son and is now indicted . . . no . . . wait . . . wrong thread.

English is to blame for the spread of Corona-chan

– J.D.
I disagree with this theory. If the spread of Corona is due to "particles" bring emitted when speaking the the whole of Wales would be dead.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
Witness

Post by Witness »

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Sad story. I don't really follow pro wrestling or reality TV, but this seems really fucked up:

Hana Kimura: Netflix star and Japanese wrestler dies at 22
Hana Kimura, a professional Japanese wrestler who appeared in the latest series of Netflix's reality show Terrace House, has died at the age of 22.
Stardom Wrestling, Kimura's organisation, confirmed the news and asked fans to be respectful.
The cause of death was not immediately clear.
Shortly before she died, she issued a series of troubling social media posts implying she had been cyber-bullied.
The most recent update on her Instagram story on Friday featured a photo of her with her cat, with a caption that read "goodbye".
A winner of Stardom's 2019 Fighting Spirit Award, Kimura was one of the cast members of Japanese reality TV show Terrace House, before it was suspended due to coronavirus. The show follows three men and three women as they temporarily live together in a house.
Her mother was also a well-known wrestler, Kyoko Kimura.
Concerns were raised on Friday after Kimura reportedly posted images of self-harm on Twitter along with messages that read: "I don't want to be a human anymore. It was a life I wanted to be loved. Thank you everyone, I love you. Bye."
Kimura is said to have been the target of hundreds of mean tweets from fans and critics on a daily basis. On news of her death, fans and industry figures spoke out against cyber-bullying and its impact on mental health.
"It absolutely breaks my heart how cruel people can be on social media," said Impact World Champion Tessa Blanchard.
"It was an amazing honor to know Hana Kimura. She was an amazing girl with the kindest soul and immense passion and work ethic."
"I hope this serves as a reminder that interactions on social media can have a serious effect on the mental health of anyone, no matter who they are," wrote wrestling journalist Adam Pacitti.
William Shakespeare
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Depression sucks.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/19/tech ... index.html
A Japanese woman who built a cult following online with her video game skills has been recognized as the world's oldest YouTube gamer — at the age of 90.

Hamako Mori, known as "Gamer Grandma" to her 250,000 YouTube subscribers, started gaming 39 years ago. Her YouTube channel launched in 2015, and she posts up to four videos a month.
In her clips, she does everything from unboxing new consoles to broadcasting her gaming prowess.
And now Mori, who counts the "Grand Theft Auto" series among her favorites, is officially the world's oldest gaming YouTuber, according to Guinness World Records.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Pyrrho wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:48 pm Depression sucks.
It is just "feels sad," apparently. . . .

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Crusher of human lives.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

https://matadornetwork.com/read/japan-t ... -covid-19/
IN THE POST-PANDEMIC era, it’s going to take a lot of convincing to get people to feel comfortable enough to board a plane for an international trip. Airlines are spearheading new safety and sanitation measures designed to give travelers peace of mind, but destinations themselves still need to create incentives to visit. Japan might be making travelers an offer that’s pretty hard to refuse, potentially covering half of the travel expenses for your trip.

In a Wednesday news conference, reports The Japan Times, Hiroshi Tabata of the Japan Tourism Agency said that the Japanese government plans to allocate $12.5 billion to a new reimbursement program, which may launch as soon as July if infection rates continue declining. The government has not yet specified how this program would work, what expenses would be covered, or how the subsidies would be distributed. Currently, Japan has an international travel ban in place, prohibiting foreigners from entering the country.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Yeah, it's going to be a long time I think before I can visit my family in California. I'll probably have to wait until there's a vaccine.
William Shakespeare