Why Florida is an awsome place to live

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Re: Why Florida is an awsome place to live

Post by ed » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:41 am

Image <---n.b. img tag not working!!! :x
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!
I care :rub:
My Totem Injun Spirit Animal

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:52 am

She failed the Bar exam. She started a law firm anyway. Now she faces prison.

Federal prosecutors accused Roberta Guedes of aggravated identity theft and mail fraud related to the establishment of what they say were two bogus law firms. Guedes agreed to plead guilty last month.

TAMPA — Roberta Guedes has a law degree, but she twice failed to pass the Florida Bar exam. She didn’t let that stop her from pretending to be a lawyer.

Federal prosecutors say that in the months after Guedes graduated law school, she used the name of a classmate — one who did pass the Bar — to register two new law firms with the state Division of Corporations. She created websites for both companies, prosecutors said, touting fictitious national and international offices, and displayed stock photos of people who looked like lawyers but were not.

She even represented clients, accepting money to handle their immigration and family law cases, but never disclosed that she was not licensed to do so, court records state.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/201 ... es-prison/

Wonder what she learned while getting that degree… :mrgreen:

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:04 pm

NSFW:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:23 pm

Now them's good eatin'.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:40 am

I have lost my faith and don't believe in ed's crawdads anymore. :( (I even started doubting the trilobites…)

Gun, several magazines found in duffel bag left in donation drop box

Employee makes discovery Friday morning in Miami

MIAMI - A box where clothes and shoes are typically dropped off as donations became the site of a police investigation Friday morning in Miami.

Miami police Officer Kenia Fallat said a duffel bag containing a handgun and various magazines was discovered by an employee at the drop box along North Federal Highway.
https://www.local10.com/news/local/miam ... n-drop-box

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:15 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:37 am

Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!
I care :rub:
My Totem Injun Spirit Animal

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:08 am

The [Florida] man who gave Scientology $360 million actually answered the phone

Absent from Scientology publications since his 2017 divorce, Bob Duggan had a lot to say. He tells the Times he’s still a dedicated member and donor.

For the last several years, the man who has given more money to Church of Scientology causes than anyone else has been conspicuously missing from Scientology circles.

Every year, unfailingly, Bob and Trish Duggan could be seen accepting awards at donor events and smiling in church magazines documenting the affairs.

That changed in 2017, when court records show the Duggans divorced. At that year’s annual banquet honoring top Scientology donors, only Trish Duggan appeared to accept her trophy from Scientology leader David Miscavige.

Scientology watchers suspected Bob Duggan, a venture capitalist, might have left the organization after four decades of dedication and millions of dollars given.

Turns out, Duggan says he is just avoiding the spotlight.

In a phone interview with the Tampa Bay Times this week, he said he remains a devoted Scientologist despite avoiding church events since his divorce.

He declined to give an updated estimate of how much he has donated to Scientology to date, but said the number far exceeds the $360 million figure he cited to Forbes magazine in 2016.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/business/ ... the-phone/

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:08 am

There's one born every fucking minute.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:08 am

A short break from kidding around is in order.

This is some veritable Florida awesomeness. :coolspecs:

Miami Man In Van Guns Down AK-47 Wielding Robber Because He Didn’t Want ‘To Go Out Like A Punk’ (3 CBS Miami FL)
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A 60-Year-old Miami man said he was forced to shoot and kill a gunman who had broken in to his van early Monday morning in an attempt to rob him of his jewelry.

“The guy I killed last night, he put an AK-47 to my damn face,” said Donovan Stewart.

Stewart told CBS4’S Peter D’Oench that he had to act quickly because he was worried about the safety of his 11-year-old son and girlfriend who were in the van with him.

“I am from Kingstontown in Jamaica,” he said, “and I am not going to go out like a punk. So I emptied my Glock in his chest. This man tried to get in my van while I was sleeping and he was surprised to see what I did.”

Video at link.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:35 am

Florida man tried to enlist ISIS to attack colleges that suspended, expelled him

Court documents say Salman Rashid targeted two deans after he was suspended for sending threatening text messages to a female student.

[I'll extract just the poor idiot's interaction with his crush:]

The documents, filed in United States District Court of Southern Florida, say that Rashid allegedly stalked a fellow student at Miami-Dade College and was suspended last December after he sent her threatening text messages.

In one, Rashid allegedly told her that “the creator” had “decided our destiny and chosen separate paths for us.”

In the “hereafter, will meet once again,” he allegedly wrote. “But things will be a little different :). You will not have excuses, will not be given a choice and will have to come closer to me.”

Earlier this year, Rashid was expelled from Broward College for not telling the school about what had happened at Miami-Dade, the documents say.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fl ... m-n1091141