Why Florida is an awsome place to live

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
ed
Title: G_D

Re: Why Florida is an awsome place to live

Post by ed »

Witness wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:57 pm
ed wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:53 am Did I post this?
Yes. Do you remember what you had for breakfast?

(The original was vertical. Did you put it in a horizontal frame or is it YT's doing?)
Look, if I were running for President it would be relevant. As it is it is unseemly voyeurism.

And snakes, in case you are wondering, are a serious business down here. You can;t be too careful.
About that stereo
Witness

Post by Witness »

Miami officer’s wife dies trapped in back seat of hot patrol vehicle

MIAMI (WSVN) - Authorities said a Miami police officer’s wife died after getting trapped in the backseat of his patrol vehicle for hours in the Florida heat.

According to the Miami Herald, it happened outside the couple’s home in Miami Shores. The officer was off work at the time.

The Miami Herald reports Clara Paulino got in the back seat of the SUV Friday looking for something and then was trapped for about four hours without anyway of contacting anyone. Her family found her.

“I don’t think anybody could imagine anything like that ever happening,” neighbor Daphne Stewart said.

The Miami Herald reported a partition between the back seat and the front seat likely stopped her from being able to honk the horn, and she didn’t have her cell phone with her to call for help.

The heat index around that time Friday climbed from 91 degrees at 1 p.m. to 92 degrees at 3 p.m. The temperature held steady through 5 p.m.

Another South Florida police department displayed a similar police vehicle. It was noted the doors automatically lock upon closing.
https://www.wbtv.com/2020/08/25/miami-o ... l-vehicle/
ed

Post by ed »

Cant recall if I posted this. It's a round we sell.
About that stereo
Witness

Post by Witness »

Florida shows 947.9% increase in COVID-19 cases since governor reopened state

In the roughly three months since Gov. Ron DeSantis greenlighted Phase Two of his plan to reopen Florida, the Sunshine State has seen a whopping 947.9 percent increase in the number of COVID-19 cases.

As of Friday morning, 615,806 cases had been identified across the state. On June 3 when the governor made the announcement that bars and pubs could reopen at 50 percent capacity inside and full capacity outside, the state was reporting 58,764 COVID-19 cases – a difference of 557,042.

Under Phase Two, bowling alleys, movie theaters, arcades and auditoriums also were allowed to reopen at 50 percent capacity. But a portion of that plan was short-lived, as DeSantis reversed his decision on bars and ordered them closed again on June 26 when the state was reporting 122,960 cases.

The number of deaths and people hospitalized also are quite different today than when DeSantis decided to reopen the state. On June 3, the state was reporting 2,566 deaths and 10,525 people hospitalized. On Friday, those numbers had jumped to 11,099 deaths and 38,029 people being treated in area hospitals.

In the tri-county area on June 3, there were 39 deaths and 158 people hospitalized. Those numbers have now increased to 320 deaths and 1,331 people requiring some form of hospital care.

On Friday, statistics provided by the Florida Department of Health showed a breakdown of cases across the state:

[click the link for the stats]
https://www.ocala-news.com/2020/08/28/f ... ned-state/
Witness

Post by Witness »

There are now more police officers in Florida’s schools than nurses — and student arrests are rising

There are now more law enforcement officers in Florida’s K-12 schools than there are nurses, and arrests of students have jumped in the two years since legislators passed a law requiring that every school deploy a police officer or armed school employee, according to a new report.

During a single school year, 2018-2019, the number of youth arrests at school increased 8 percent even though communities around the schools saw a 12 percent decline in the number of youths arrested, the report said. And police officers arrested elementary-age kids 345 times, including an arrest of a 5-year-old and five arrests of 6-year-olds in that same year.

The authors of “The Cost of School Policing: What Florida’s students have paid for a pretense of security,” said there is “little consistent evidence” that the presence of law enforcement led to a drop in the number of student behavioral incidents, indicating that school-based law enforcement officers “were not necessarily making schools safer.”

The report was the result of a collaborative effort led by the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida, the Florida Social Justice in Schools Project, the Southern Poverty Law Center, the League of Women Voters of Florida and Equality Florida.

It looks at data collected by the state government to analyze the impact of the Florida Legislature’s decision to mandate that every public school in the state have a police officer or an armed school employee stationed there.

The law was passed less than a month after a gunman on Feb. 14, 2018, killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. Along with the mandate for security personnel were some minor additions to gun-control restrictions, including the banning of bump stocks. Seventeen percent of the $400 million bill was directed to mental health programming.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... re-rising/ for the rest.
Witness

Post by Witness »

Florida city repeals 13-year ban on saggy pants

https://apnews.com/3b42ae8b82ff93602c05664545591154 for the details. :mrgreen:
Witness

Post by Witness »

Pensacola, Florida, has already gotten 2 feet of rain. Here's what it looks like on the ground.

https://edition.cnn.com/webview/us/live ... 74b6a66258

Stay safe, ed. :|
ed

Post by ed »

Thanks but no rain yet. We are south, dodged another bullet.

Ever show you lot this? Diamondback snaking along the dining room windowsill. He's about 3 feet long. We grabbed him and deposited him on the property next door. Actually the "property" is 600 acres of watershed land, not a neighbor, per se.

About that stereo
solely

Post by solely »

You do know they always return home. You know that right?
robinson
Title: Sweetheart

Post by robinson »

If Florida was a country it would be 17th in the world for its GDP
ed

Post by ed »

solely wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:58 pm You do know they always return home. You know that right?
I like snakes. Have a 3 foot blacksnake that has taken up residence in the front. Cute guy.
About that stereo
solely

Post by solely »

I have a black dog, and he won't let me out of his sight.
ed

Post by ed »

My snakes say "yum"
About that stereo
Witness

Post by Witness »

ed wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:42 am Ever show you lot this?
It's only the third time. :)

Two Florida men arrested for stealing a utilities pole. Which they strapped to the roof of their car.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

I wonder what they were going to use it for?

Sexual satisfaction perhaps? After all, it's Florida. :lmao:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Scrap

It’s aluminum
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Florida parents reportedly smoking weed, drinking during kids' remote classes (Fox)

The headline is the story.

I presume that's what they always used to do while the children were in school. :)

robinson

Post by robinson »

Heh heh

It’s not just Florida
solely

Post by solely »

That's why I never had children.
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

solely wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:25 am That's why I never had children.
Distraction from smoking dope? :notsure: