Why Florida is an awsome place to live

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Why Florida is an awsome place to live

Post by Pyrrho » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Floridians get to watch ed indulging his rocketry hobby.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/#.VIBKwclOVgg

:x

:D

Launch holding. Some dipshit drove his boat into the danger area downrange.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

jacks
Title: double dipshit

Post by jacks » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:20 pm

It was robinson.

-- Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:05 am --

It's like watching paint dry

All the fucking thing will do is orbit the the earth twice. Don't we know how to do that?

I hope if we ever need to launch a nuke we don't need wait due to wind gust

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Rob Lister wrote:ed has granted me a 1/64 acre lot on his property. Right on the lake. 30 year lease. Rights to egress, ingress, and a small dock for minor permit-free fishing. I will build my tiny house. I will have solar panels on my roof. I will counsel his wife in matters marital. It will be good.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

jacks
Title: double dipshit

Post by jacks » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Pyrrho wrote:Floridians get to watch ed indulging his rocketry hobby.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/#.VIBKwclOVgg

:x

:D

Launch holding. Some dipshit drove his boat into the danger area downrange.

scrub a dub, thanks ed

ed

Post by ed » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Florida Agrees That Satanists Must Have Equal Representation In Capitol

The Satanic Temple scored a free-speech victory in its quest for equal representation among the Florida state capitol building's religious-themed holiday displays.

The Satanic Temple — not to be confused with the Church of Satan, with which TST is not affiliated — describes its mission as "facilitating the communication and mobilization of politically aware Satanists, secularists, and advocates for individual liberty," as well as "to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people. In addition, we embrace practical common sense and justice. As an organized religion, we feel it is our function to actively provide outreach, to lead by example, and to participate in public affairs wheresoever the issues might benefit from rational, Satanic insights."

Florida Agrees That Satanists Must Have Equal Representation In Capitol
The group's causes are quite progressive; current campaigns advocate for women's reproductive health rights and same-sex marriage, among other causes. But the media-savvy organization (check out the merch) gets the most attention for its freedom-of-religion efforts, like that time they argued that if a statue of the Ten Commandments could be displayed in the Oklahoma State Capitol, it was only fair that a statue of Baphomet (along with any other religious representation that anyone cared to donate) be allowed to hang out, too.
http://io9.com/florida-agrees-that-sata ... 1666410117

Florida is laid back like California without all the fucking liberal pansies. We also have gators. We also have destructive devices .... ohohohoho Newoone

grayman

Post by grayman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:30 pm

ed wrote:
Owning a home like that is on my bucket list.
You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

ed

Post by ed » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:42 pm

Ironic inasmuch as it is made out of an enormous bucket.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:57 am

Floridians unclear on the concept:
4-year-old girl and an adult passed out and four other people were overcome by potentially fatal carbon monoxide fumes from a portable cooker during a birthday party in a duplex apartment Sunday afternoon, according to authorities..

The victims' conditions vary from serious to potentially critical, but all are expected to recover. A 2-year-old boy also exhibited symptoms and was hospitalized.

The party started at 1 p.m. in the 1700 block of Southwest 40th Terrace just outside Fort Lauderdale, but less than 30 minutes later, someone inside called 911 after a 4-year-old girl passed out. A second 911 call came minutes later after an adult passed out.

The propane-powered dual burner had been set up in an alleyway between two apartments, but after the wind kept putting out the flame, the device was moved inside the house, with the propane tank still outside but connected by a tube through a window.
Because it's the propane tank that is dangerous to bring inside, right???? :shock:

-- Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:01 pm --

Apparently this sort of thing is a trend:
Two adults and one child were killed Thursday morning at a Pensacola residence from a gas leak that was thought to be caused by an improperly used propane heater, according to the Pensacola Police Department.

The victims were identified by PPD as Bridget Sunday, 52, Clarence Nettles, 54, who was Sunday's boyfriend, and Tony Taylor Jr., 4, who was Sunday's grandson.

Police were dispatched to the 1200 block of North Sixth Avenue shortly after 6 a.m. after Jimmie Sunday, 29, was awakened by fumes inside the house and called 911.

A propane tank with a portable heater attached to the top was being used inside to heat the house, PPD Sgt. Kevin Christman said in a news release.
I guess it was either that or freeze to death in the 60 degree night.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:56 am

Ed's granny's cozy home…

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:43 am

Witness wrote:Ed's granny's cozy home…

If you live in Florida, every one of those is loaded.

If you live in Tampa, the safeties are off. 8)
Such potential!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:53 am

Witness wrote:Ed's granny's cozy home…

Presumably granny is just out of the shot, lying dead on the floor from carbon monoxide poisoning from running a portable propane heater indoors.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:55 am

Bruce wrote:If you live in Florida, every one of those is loaded.

If you live in Tampa, the safeties are off. 8)
You win! :figamagee:

ed

Post by ed » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:10 pm

WildCat wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:
MARY ESTHER, Fla. — A Florida man told police he shot his fmother with a gun and a bow-and-arrow and then stabbed her Sunday because he claimed she "stole his diamonds and also gave his father cancer," authorities said.

The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office received a call at 2:48 a.m. Sunday reporting a man knocking over Christmas decorations and yelling at another person. When deputies arrived, they found 65-year-old Gloria Watkins slumped forward in a chair with arrows protruding from her head.
Sounds like justifiable homicide to me.
Maybe but evidence points to suicide

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:45 am

ed wrote:
WildCat wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:
MARY ESTHER, Fla. — A Florida man told police he shot his fmother with a gun and a bow-and-arrow and then stabbed her Sunday because he claimed she "stole his diamonds and also gave his father cancer," authorities said.

The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office received a call at 2:48 a.m. Sunday reporting a man knocking over Christmas decorations and yelling at another person. When deputies arrived, they found 65-year-old Gloria Watkins slumped forward in a chair with arrows protruding from her head.
Shot herself in the head, 14 times, with a long bow.

Granny was one tough bird and a hell of a shot.
Such potential!

ed

Post by ed » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:44 am

Bruce wrote:
ed wrote:
WildCat wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:

long arms too.

-- Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:45 pm --
Bruce wrote:
ed wrote:
WildCat wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:

long arms too.

esqueleto

Post by esqueleto » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:55 am

Looks like we should all head down to Ed's for hunting. Gators, panthers, they've got it all.

Panthers attack record number of farm animals in Florida
http://phys.org/news/2014-12-panthers-f ... a.html#jCp
Assassination is the extreme form of censorship.
- George Bernard Shaw

ed

Post by ed » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:08 pm

We've seen panther tracks in wet earth. My son got chased by hogs. My daughter's dog went off chasing a couple of hogs and was, in turn. Chased by a bunch more hogs. Son found pygmy rattler, diamondback, and a coral snake.

Lots of critters

ed

Post by ed » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:28 pm

3 killed after SUV collides with huge bear
An investigation is underway into a tragic chain-reaction car accident in Florida. Police believe it started when the first vehicle hit a black bear. Julia Bagg from NBC’s affiliate in Miami reports.
http://www.today.com/video/today/56576131

Epic
Three Good Samaritans Killed Helping After Fla. Crash with Bear
KRISTINE GILL ON DEC 9, 2014
SOURCE: NAPLES DAILY NEWS, FLA.

Dec. 08--HENDRY COUNTY, Fla. -- More than a day after a Sunday evening crash involving a bear killed three people in Hendry County, authorities at the Big Cypress Seminole Reservation have nailed down the sequence of events that led to the deaths.

The chain-reaction crash began when a woman from the Big Cypress Community struck a bear while traveling southeast along Snake Road, said Gary Bitner, a spokesman for the Seminole Police Department. Caroline Billie was not injured in the crash. The impact did kill the bear, which Bitner estimated to weigh about 300 pounds. The collision also disabled Billie's SUV, which sat partially in the road and on the shoulder.

"There was a group, almost a convoy, of three vehicles traveling through the reservation who saw what happened and pulled over to offer assistance," Bitner said.

Eight people in the three vehicles got out to help Billie. That's when a fifth vehicle carrying four more individuals struck the disabled SUV and sideswiped a second vehicle. The second vehicle rolled over several times, striking seven of the good Samaritans and killing three of them at the scene.
THE BEAR

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Don't mess with Florida!
ABC News wrote: A Florida 9-year old knew just what to do when he had a too-close-for comfort encounter with a nine-foot, 400-pound alligator.

"I just immediately hit it and I let it go a little so I pry its jaw open," James Barney Jr. said.
[…]
Barney escaped with only minor alligator bites and a memorable souvenir, the animal's tooth.

"I want to put it on a necklace so that I can tell all my friends," he said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-boy-fi ... d=24913532

ed

Post by ed » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:27 am

We are tough down here.

We gotta be.