Why Florida is an awsome place to live

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
grayman

Re: Why Florida is an awsome place to live

Post by grayman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:34 pm

You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

pillory

Post by pillory » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:41 pm

it's because no engals to us beloved----it 's just becase....
[video][/video]

-- Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:43 pm --

it's also because----i DOESN'T UNDERSATN---menaing...hard to ---you know
Pillory-deletable stuff since Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:15 pm

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 am

Honky Ranch treehouse, Brooksville.

Bruce could move to Florida?

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:21 am

No. He will degrade the Wa.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:59 am

Here's what I'm sayin'
(Newser) – A tree trimmer in Miami died yesterday after getting trapped in a palm tree, the Miami-Journal reports. The fire department was called to the scene around 4:30pm; the man was having trouble breathing. Authorities found him unconscious and trapped in the fronds, and he later died. His body was removed about two hours later. The Miami Sun notes that tree trimmers are warned about the dangers of being suffocated in collapsing palm fronds, as in this video; the fronds can collapse over trimmers' heads and pin them to the trees.
If you gotta go, and you're Mexican (or Cuban, or whoever the fuck cuts those things), that is the way to go.

P.S. Some words of that report may have been altered to effect my satire. That's the way I roll. Sorry.

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:26 pm

ed

Post by ed » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Why Florida is an awsome place to live

Witness wrote:Image
QE fucking D

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:25 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:20 am

The Florida Times-Union wrote:Clay deputy's son, 2, accidentally fires father's gun inside Wendy's; bullet fragments strike boy, 3 others

By Teresa Stepzinski Mon, Sep 8, 2014 @ 6:01 pm | updated Tue, Sep 9, 2014 @ 8:20 am

The 2-year-old son of a Clay County sheriff’s deputy was struck in the foot by a shattered bullet fragment and sustained minor injuries when his father’s personal handgun accidentally discharged into the floor of a Middleburg fast food restaurant where the family stopped for lunch.

Bullet fragments bouncing off the floor also struck the boy’s grandfather as well as two female customers who were standing nearby. Neither the boy nor the three adults required medical treatment. However, all were examined at the scene by county emergency medical personnel, according to a Sheriff’s Office incident report.

[…]

He had been carrying his personal .380-caliber Kel-Tec semiautomatic pistol inside the right front pocket of his pants, when it went off.

Magish said his son “stuck his hand into his pocket looking for a snack and that the firearm had discharged,” Deputy J.R. Holmes wrote in the incident report.

ed

Post by ed » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:44 am

grayman wrote:Image
Not sure what the point of this is but allow me to firmly state that we have mostly gotten those brushfires under control.

-- Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:45 am --
Pyrrho wrote:Image
Annual "Sighting In Day" here in Myakka City.

So?

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:25 am

Tampa Bay Times wrote:Years of tracking giant snails costs Florida taxpayers millions

At a little-known government laboratory in South Florida, they keep the snails under lock and key. Sure, any escape would be sloooooow. But giant African land snails are such a threat to humans that the rules say they have to be kept locked away, just in case.

The aptly-named snails can grow to be more than 6 inches long. Wherever they go they leave a trail of smelly excrement. They eat 500 kinds of plants. They produce up to 500 eggs two or three times a year, and because they're hermaphrodites they don't need a mate. If they aren't getting enough lime from the soil for their shells, they will gobble the stucco off the side of a house.

They also carry a parasite that can infect humans with meningitis.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/environmen ... ds/2205565

robinson
Title: Be good to each other

Post by robinson » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:17 am

You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

ed

Post by ed » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:08 pm

[youtube]64eCuzQPSqQ[/youtube]

Sorta cool, actually.
Yum Yum Yum!!! :D
[youtube]T-mUJMOH5Tc[/youtube]

Now tell me you don't want to move down ... :D

pillory

Post by pillory » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:49 pm

SINKHOLES---holy grave---i just saw today a documentary about Floridas sinkholes----more scary thing than i am after fews----

I've built my sinking dreams to Granit ground-----SCARY :o
Pillory-deletable stuff since Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:15 pm

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:20 am

Teh Florida Times wrote:
OPERATION CEASEFIRE

A surge in gun-related violence prompted an anti-crime effort that seemed to bring improvements in a troubled part of town – for a while.

Coming after an April when, on average, someone in Jacksonville was shot every day, Operation Ceasefire infused 60 police officers into a zone generally bounded by Beaver Street, Interstate 95, Moncrief Road and Edgewood Avenue.

As the program unfolded between May and July, the number of people shot in that zone fell from 11 to four, but gun violence rebounded after officers returned to other duties, the Times-Union reported in September.
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2014 ... d-lot-more

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:38 am

Witness wrote:
OPERATION CEASEFIRE

A surge in gun-related violence prompted an anti-crime effort that seemed to bring improvements in a troubled part of town – for a while.

Coming after an April when, on average, someone in Jacksonville was shot every day, Operation Ceasefire infused 60 police officers into a zone generally bounded by Beaver Street, Interstate 95, Moncrief Road and Edgewood Avenue.

As the program unfolded between May and July, the number of people shot in that zone fell from 11 to four, but gun violence rebounded after officers returned to other duties, the Times-Union reported in September.
It's nice that the story tells you where not to get off I-95 for gas.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

robinson
Title: Be good to each other

Post by robinson » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:44 am

Southern Florida is pretty much the only place in the US that isn't ass fucking cold right now.

I love it.
You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:21 am

Weird Florida (facebook page) wrote:Deputies said an Osceola County church employee has been charged after he opened fire on a pastor, who then pulled out his own gun and shot the employee.
Needs no comment! Image

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:55 pm

#215: It's not California
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

ed

Post by ed » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:09 pm

gnome wrote:#215: It's not California
Good point. I am 36 hours and 2600 miles by car from LA. We consider that "a good start". It will be better when LA drifts off into the sea and the distance is 2610 miles.