'Murica

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
JEROME DA GNOME

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

Grammatron wrote:Is it based on evidence or do you just assume someone having a child is incapable of being a productive employee?
I don't think that's it at all. Gender doesn't matter here. The point is its very difficult to do a good job raising a family and good a good job with a career if you are doing both.

eta: any single parent is at a disadvantage
Last edited by JEROME DA GNOME on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
gnome

Post by gnome »

JEROME DA GNOME wrote:
gnome wrote:How dare those liberals, telling women they can have a career. Line em up!
No, the lie was you can have both.
Don't give me that, we obviously should not have let them out of the kitchen.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
JEROME DA GNOME

gnome wrote:Don't give me that, we obviously should not have let them out of the kitchen.
Let who out of the Kitchen? My best friend in elementary school had a working mother and a stay at home father.

Sorry that you got suckered into advocating double taxation on the working class because you were taught to salivate when the bell rings.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Gnome, you're being a fag. Just so you know.
gnome

Post by gnome »

I'm playing strawman ping pong. He throws em, I throw them
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
JEROME DA GNOME

No strawmen.

Has not the economy progressively required two income households to pay for what a one income household could pay for 50 years ago?
gnome

Post by gnome »

Your strawman is describing what "Liberals" "told" women they could do. The liberal line is for women to be able to choose. The timing of it is up to individuals, not ideology.
--Soldier, TF2
JEROME DA GNOME

Nope, Liberals Told women to go to work without telling the men to stay home.

Men staying home and women working, who cares? Nobody. Not the problem.

The problem is Liberals were suckered into promoting a double taxation on the working class.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Jerome is playing the LIBBERUL's right wing strawman. :lmao:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
gnome

Post by gnome »

Now my head hurts with that one.
--Soldier, TF2
gnome

Post by gnome »

JEROME DA GNOME wrote:Nope, Liberals Told women to go to work without telling the men to stay home.

Men staying home and women working, who cares? Nobody. Not the problem.

The problem is Liberals were suckered into promoting a double taxation on the working class.
Ok, I'll play that game. Nope, they didn't. Wanna go back and forth on that for a while?
--Soldier, TF2
JEROME DA GNOME

Really, can you show me the liberal movement to get men to stay home?
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Grammatron wrote:
ed wrote:As an employer I'd be very careful about hiring a young married woman into a position where I really really depended on her being there. As an entrepreneur it would be irresponsible.
Is it based on evidence or do you just assume someone having a child is incapable of being a productive employee?
I have had women leave me to go on maternity leave and not come back, after staying out the max permissible time. It is irresponsible to hire a person in that risk group if you are going to need to depend upon them.
About that stereo
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

ed wrote:
Grammatron wrote:
ed wrote:As an employer I'd be very careful about hiring a young married woman into a position where I really really depended on her being there. As an entrepreneur it would be irresponsible.
Is it based on evidence or do you just assume someone having a child is incapable of being a productive employee?
I have had women leave me to go on maternity leave and not come back, after staying out the max permissible time. It is irresponsible to hire a person in that risk group if you are going to need to depend upon them.
Were those women valuable employees prior to maternity leave?
gnome

Post by gnome »

JEROME DA GNOME wrote:Really, can you show me the liberal movement to get men to stay home?
Can you show me the liberal movement to say who should be working and who should not?

Let me put it this way--I've always said if you truly understand someone else's ideology, you can explain it in a manner that they would agree with, even if you still disagree. You're falling well short of that standard.
--Soldier, TF2
JEROME DA GNOME

Work is liberation, war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.
JEROME DA GNOME

I know what you think you stand for, I am explaining how you were tricked onto other results.
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

JEROME DA GNOME

ed wrote: I have had women leave me to go on maternity leave and not come back, after staying out the max permissible time. It is irresponsible to hire a person in that risk group if you are going to need to depend upon them.
I have had young college educated men go on vacation and not come back, after straying out the max permissible time.

Gender is not the issue.
gnome

Post by gnome »

JEROME DA GNOME wrote:I know what you think you stand for, I am explaining how you were tricked onto other results.
It's very convenient when nobody but you has a legitimate philosophy--everyone else is just manipulators, shills or useful idiots.
--Soldier, TF2