'Murica

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Witness

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Utah's Women Senators Walk Out As Men Pass Abortion Ultrasound Bill

Six women in Utah's Senate, from both sides of the aisle, walked out on their male peers Tuesday, as they passed a bill requiring pregnant women to sit through an ultrasound before being able to undergo an abortion.

House Bill 364 was passed entirely by male senators as their six female colleagues, Democrats Luz Escamilla, Jani Iwamoto, Karen Mayne and Kathleen Riebe and Republicans Deirdre Henderson and Ann Millner walked out on the vote.

According to Escamilla, who tweeted about the incident, the decision to walk out of the Senate was not planned.

"Love my sisters in the Senate," Escamilla said, sharing photos of the six women senators embracing each other after walking out. "A spontaneous decision not planned of sisterhood against the invasive nature of HB 364," she said.

In a separate statement, Henderson, who typically supports anti-abortion legislation, told local outlet 2News that the walkout was a "spontaneous decision to put an exclamation mark on our concerns about the invasive nature of the bill."

While Henderson said she is "very pro-life" and "always" votes for pro-life bills," in the case of HB 364, she is "concerned that we are overstepping with government mandates of medically unnecessary procedures."

Under the bill, which was sponsored by Republican Rep. Steve Christiansen and sponsored in Senate by Curtis Bramble, medical professionals would be required to "display live fetal images" while also describing the images to pregnant women.

Practitioners would also be required to make fetal heartbeats audible, when possible.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/utahs ... r-BB112BLb

Witness

Post by Witness »

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

So, is this an add-on to disinfect the bullets before they mutilate innocent bystanders or just a way to hose down the scene after the fact to prevent infection of police officials? :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

There was a Law & Order episode on the same sort of thing.

A "Great and Desperate Cure." See the book by the same name on the rise and fall of pre-frontal leukotomy.

In the brain.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Doctor X wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:50 am
There was a Law & Order episode on the same sort of thing.

A "Great and Desperate Cure." See the book by the same name on the rise and fall of pre-frontal leukotomy.

In the brain.

– J.D.
Greystone Project, wasn't it?
About that stereo

Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

waste.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

True, apparently. And it's not just about the flag they fly:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/23/2118 ... panies-tax
Carnival Corporation is incorporated in Panama. Royal Caribbean is incorporated in Liberia. Norwegian Cruise Line is incorporated in Bermuda.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Fuk'm. And the cargo business is even worse.

Let them die. As corporations I mean.

Make American great again by rebuilding our long lost Merchant Marine.
Not that Trump would do such a thing. Nor would the Democrats.

Prove me wrong. Boy do I wish to be proven wrong on this one.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

USNS Comfort arriving in New York harbor

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Don't know where to put that ("The Joys of Capitalism"?), so here it goes:
In Desperation, New York State Pays Up to 15 Times the Normal Prices for Medical Equipment

State data shows that New York is paying enormous markups for vital supplies, including almost $250,000 for an X-ray machine. Laws against price gouging usually don’t apply.

With the coronavirus outbreak creating an unprecedented demand for medical supplies and equipment, New York state has paid 20 cents for gloves that normally cost less than a nickel and as much as $7.50 each for masks, about 15 times the usual price. It’s paid up to $2,795 for infusion pumps, more than twice the regular rate. And $248,841 for a portable X-ray machine that typically sells for $30,000 to $80,000.

This payment data, provided by state officials, shows just how much the shortage of key medical equipment is driving up prices. Forced to venture outside their usual vendors and contracts, states and cities are paying exorbitant sums on a spot market ruled by supply and demand. Although New York’s attorney general has denounced excessive prices, and ordered merchants to stop overcharging people for hand sanitizers and disinfectant sprays, state laws against price gouging generally don’t apply to government purchases.

With little guidance from the Trump administration, competition among states, cities, hospitals and federal agencies is contributing to the staggering bill for fighting the pandemic, which New York has estimated will cost it $15 billion in spending and lost revenue. The bidding wars are also raising concerns that facilities with shallow pockets, like rural health clinics, won’t be able to obtain vital supplies.
https://www.propublica.org/article/in-d ... -equipment

Witness

Post by Witness »

Landlord changes locks on California church after pastor said he'd continue to hold services

LODI, Calif. - Members of a central California church found themselves locked out of the building after the pastor originally kept his doors open, saying the shelter-in-place orders violated his freedom to assemble.

But within the past week, the landlord of the Cross Culture Christian Center in Lodi, Calif. changed the locks, so congregants couldn't enter the building for Palm Sunday services. The landlord is Bethel Open Bible Church.

The San Joaquin County Health Department had ordered the church to shut down last week.

A small gathering of congregants showed up Sunday; they had been poised to defy the shelter-in-place order. And they weren't pleased with the turn of events.
https://www.ktvu.com/news/landlord-chan ... d-services

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Landlords are all going to Hell anyway, so why not? 8)

Witness

Post by Witness »

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

I remember that.

Most of the actual repairs were on the inside to keep the arm from falling off.