'Murica

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Witness

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:30 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:05 am
Somebody 'shopped out the UFO. :evil:
Not at all, you just didn't recognize it as it's covered by snow: foreground, left from center, resting on its edge like every self-respecting crashed UFO. :P

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:31 pm

:|

Giz

Post by Giz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:01 pm

Wait, lots of dead ends with no escape = better?

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:03 pm

They are just fumbling around "doing something".

Anything except to stop inculcating despair. Because the ruling class needs the despair.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:17 pm

Giz wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:01 pm
Wait, lots of dead ends with no escape = better?
No problem:

Pathetic.

Fid

Post by Fid » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:58 am

Needs terrazzo camo.
"Try SCE to AUX."
Yeah, me and an electrified atmosphere ain't friends.

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:47 pm

Quick, close the trebuchet loophole!

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:12 am

Conservative groups storm Utah school board to protest students asking ‘spontaneous questions’ about sex

Several conservative groups packed the Utah Board of Education meeting Thursday to protest a state law that says teachers can answer “spontaneous questions” from students about sex.

One woman called that allowance “inappropriate and potentially graphic.” Another said it opened the possibility for educators to get into “grossly irresponsible” material — and stray away from discussions on abstinence. Several speakers worried about what might be taught on abortion.

“If one child asks about oral sex or something explicit and the teacher answers it, it doesn’t mean the other 30 kids want to hear it,” said Robert Woods, who has four boys in public school. “Why can’t the teacher just say ‘That’s outside our curriculum. Please ask your parents if you really want to know’?”

The demonstration was organized by the Utah Eagle Forum and Pro-Life Utah. Members of the two groups signed up for nearly every slot during the public comment period, sent emails to those on the state school board and carried signs that said, “While you were reading this a baby was aborted.” One woman wore an American flag T-shirt. One man shouted “Amen.”
https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2 ... ups-storm/

I'm sure they don't "want to hear it". :mrgreen:

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:18 am

U.S. House passes amendment calling for formal end to Korean War

WASHINGTON, July 12 (Yonhap) -- The U.S. House of Representatives has passed an amendment to a bill calling for a formal end to the 1950-53 Korean War, advocacy groups said Friday.

The text, led by Reps. Ro Khanna (D-CA) and Brad Sherman (D-CA), was passed Thursday as an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal year 2020, the groups said in a press release, adding that it marks the first such action by Congress.

"This vote is a game changer," said Christine Ahn, Executive Director of Women Cross DMZ. "It's a clear sign that the American people want an end to the oldest U.S. conflict, and that ending decades of hostilities with a peace agreement is the only way to resolve the nuclear crisis."
https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20190712008700315

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am

Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:12 pm

"This vote is a game changer," said Christine Ahn, Executive Director of Women Cross DMZ. "It's a clear sign that the American people want an end to the oldest U.S. conflict {???} , and that ending decades of hostilities with a peace agreement is the only way to resolve the nuclear crisis."
https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20190712008700315

Emphasis added.

When do the troops come home from Okinawa?

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:20 pm

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:13 am

U.S. to leave global postal union next month barring last-minute action; exit could send global parcel rates soaring

Barring an eleventh-hour agreement, the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) will leave the Universal Postal Union (UPU) on October 17, ending 144 years of U.S. involvement in the international body that governs the exchange of mail and postal parcels between countries, and perhaps fundamentally changing the landscape of global air shipping.

Members of the 192-member United Nations body will gather on September 25 and 26 in Geneva, Switzerland in only the third “extraordinary Congress” in UPU history. The key agenda item will be to vote on what UPU is calling the “possible revision of small packet remuneration rates,” which is the core issue to determine the future of U.S. involvement.

The U.S. State Department, which is the lead negotiator for the U.S. in UPU, has submitted a proposal that would allow the U.S. to “self-declare” international postage pricing and to decide on subsidy levels, if any. Unless the UPU agrees to the proposal by a September 30 deadline, the U.S. will leave the Union 17 days later and, over time, begin a framework of bilateral negotiations with individual postal authorities. The self-declare regime would begin in 2020.

The practical effect of the exit of the U.S. would be a rate increase of at least 300 percent on postal parcel traffic to the U.S. from heavy net exporting countries as rates kept artificially low for decades begin to normalize, according to Matthew White, a strategist for iDrive Logistics, a consultancy working with customers to prepare contingency plans for the possible U.S. exit. U.S.-based international shippers will also pay more, at least over the short-term, because USPS will cancel negotiated service agreements (NSA) covering international shipments if the withdrawal takes place, White said.
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/us-to ... next-month for the rest (and Trump's reasons).

As a personal anecdote: when I was in Poland I bought 15 kg of books as they were dirt cheap (~ 30 cents a 500+ pages science book with hard cover, art books, history, Polish cooking…) and sent them in three parcels to myself. And there was (still is?) a special fare for books that cost me something like five bucks per package. (Had a thought for postal workers…)
Took three months but I got everything in perfect condition. :)

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:49 am

This is a worthy move. We get screwed with UPU rates. I doubt the 300% figure. Probably more like 150%.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Scaremongering as with Brexit.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:10 pm

Just throwing this in here this ad was made with guitars my friend owns. The musician with his back to the camera is an original pic from Woodstock, the other 3 guys were photoshopped in along with the amps guitars, and road cases. That striped guitar doesn't even have strings or pickups lol, I held it yesterday. I saw a video on his phone of them making this in front of (and on top of) a blue screen. This was a 2-page ad in Rolling Stone. He says they paid him well for use of his guitars as props.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:28 am

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:01 pm

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:50 pm