Agario - Hopelessly addicted

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Re: Agario - Hopelessly addicted

Post by Rob Lister »

Thanks for reminding me.
Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

ed wrote:Not in Turkey, no.
I was perusing reddit today and learned that there is at least one perk to being on bottom in Turkey.

Military service is mandatory for all Turkish men - they can only escape it if they are ill, disabled or homosexual. But proving homosexuality is a humiliating ordeal.
But while there are no specific laws against homosexuality in Turkey, openly gay men are not welcome in the army. At the same time, they have to "prove" their homosexuality in order to avoid military service.

Ahmet hopes this will give him what he needs - a "pink certificate", which will declare him homosexual and therefore exempt from military service.

''The face must be visible,'' says Gokhan. ''And the photos must show you as the passive partner.''
The photographs satisfied the military doctors. Gokhan was handed his pink certificate and exempted from military service.
:notsure:
Such potential!
Witness

Post by Witness »

ed wrote:It's a "French Dip" condom, the latest from the continent. The give away is the pompom on the top. Very outre you know. The testicles are in conjunction so that it looks like one.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

And now there's Slitherio.

http://slither.io/

Even more addicting. Also runs better than any of the agario websites, particularly in low graphics quality mode. Gave myself write cramps playing it last night. Might be developing a tentacle fetish. Not sure yet.

To be good at the game, you have to become very talented at cutting people off, eating other people's shit, and generally being a dick. Mastery of this game should be a prerequisite to driver's ed for Americans.
Such potential!
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Fucker came out of nowhere and cut me off. I didn't even see him coming. No time to react. Totaled my ride, but didn't even put a dent in his.

Talking about the accident or talking about Slitherio.

YES! :HoppingMad: :HoppingMad2:
Such potential!
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

My record so far is 18301.

Dick units, I believe.

Once you get above 10,000, it really starts to lag. That's your punishment for being to big of a dick. :P
Such potential!
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

If you are bigger than someone can you eat them?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Anaxagoras wrote:If you are bigger than someone can you eat them?
Some guy did a 'blocking' move on me causing me to run into him. I dissolved and he ate my remains. He was smaller than me.

Bastard worm.
Last edited by Rob Lister on Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

OK, I got annoyed with that pretty quickly. I guess I figured out how to play it though.
William Shakespeare
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Anaxagoras wrote:OK, I got annoyed with that pretty quickly. I guess I figured out how to play it though.
1. You get bigger by eating dots.
2. You can only die by running face first into the body or head of another worm.
3. You cannot die by running into yourself.
4. You can get a temporary speed boost by holding down the left mouse button.
5. The object is to get as big as possible and survive for as long as possible.

As you are speed boosting, you shit out dots, which pretty much gives you an idea of what the dots represents. You are a worm afterall. You eat shit and like it. :P
Such potential!
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Well I got to 4000. Sometimes my connection lags though and that can be deadly.
William Shakespeare
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

An article on strategy:

I gotta admit, it does seem to grow on you. I wonder what determines the color of your snake? I always seem to be just a plain old monochromatic one.
William Shakespeare
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Anaxagoras wrote:An article on strategy:

I gotta admit, it does seem to grow on you. I wonder what determines the color of your snake? I always seem to be just a plain old monochromatic one.
Nice article, thanks.

I disagree with the boosting strategy when you're large for two reasons.

1) You have little to no control. It's very easy to crash into another snake or find yourself in an inescapable situation.
2) As you have noticed, you connection to the server can lag or freeze. This happens more when you're large. I don't know how this happens. Does you computer need processing speed for this game? It's much worse with Agario, and I don't get it. If the lag or freeze happens for a second or more in this game, you are doomed. Only use boost to escape certain death.

I've been finding multiple strategies that are fun to execute. The most fun is when you are very large, find another very large worm. Head toward its body at a 90 degree angle, get as close as you can, then turn and head in the direction of its tail. There is almost always someone traveling along side the big worms, heading toward the head, and waiting for it to die. Allow these folks to slip between you and the big guy. They will find themselves at a dead end, that is if you're long enough and your tail hasn't yet reached the point where you turned. When this happens, loop back around and feed on all those orbs that no one else can reach except for you and the big guy if he happens to notice.

This game teaches many important lessons in life.
1) When you're small and just starting out, all you can do is eat the crumbs and shit left behind by your predecessors and hope to survive.
2) Big a dick is fun and rewarding.
3) Cutting in front of people will kill them, and then you can loot their remains.
4) Being huge is the best thing you can be. Let the little guys fight over the scraps as you casually encircle them. Once the winner of the little squabble emerges, he will soon find himself doomed by your embrace. It's like playing Russia, China, or Saudi Arabia. Just hover menacingly over your tiny petulant neighbors until they've destroyed each other, then swallow up the remains.

:twisted:
Such potential!
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

One other way to die -- run off the edge of the map.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:One other way to die -- run off the edge of the map.
Learned that one today. :(
Such potential!
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Got in the 6-10,000 range many times now. Usually end up doing something stupid. This last time my wife started talking to me about something and I ran into one of those slow-moving bots. The feeding frenzies are a great opportunity but also the most dangerous part because you'll have multiple worms boosting in to feed from different directions. They tend to create more dead worms and more food to attract more worms to boost in and also kill themselves.

ETA: Just got over 11000 and #10 on the leaderboard. For whatever reason it doesn't seem to be lagging much today, which definitely helps a lot.

ETA2: over 16000 and #3. :D

Gotta avoid the temptation to get too greedy though.
William Shakespeare
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Anaxagoras wrote:Gotta avoid the temptation to get too greedy though.
That's a huge key. :wink:

Another one is not to get spooked and click the boost button too quickly. I regret it every time.

Experienced players have figured out an easy way to kill big worms. Beware of two small worms flanking you on either side. All they have to do is cross in front of you at the same time and you're finished. When you're big, you have a turn radius that's too wide and there's nowhere for you to go. It's so easy, and it only takes two small worms working together. When I'm in the 5000-10,000 range, I live in fear of seeing 2 or more tiny worms heading in my direction. :?
Such potential!
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Your final length was 21277.3!
My best result so far. Unfortunately I didn't see what my rank was. I know it was somewhere in the top 10 when I died.
William Shakespeare
no one in particular

Post by no one in particular »

I played this for about 30 min. First time time I played I got slightly over 600. Then I had the idea to name my cell "eat me." I haven't gotten over 300 since. Ah well. I'll try again some time. But I'm sold on the name.
Killing me with humorous lines will not Clark Kent the egg salad. ~Skeptoid

It seems that our RIVER has run dry.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Typical Slitherio session for me.....

Ok, I've got all the strategies figured out. I'm going to kicks some ass this time. Ha! I see what you're trying to do, you little prick. Yeah, just slither on outta here. Nope, not going to encircle me. I'm no noob. Ha! Wedge tactic! Nowhere for you to go, buddy. Nom-nom on your tasty carcass. Now let's see WHAT THE FUCK?! WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!? HOW THE HELL DID YOU MOVE THAT FAST? BOOST HACK?? Oh, I'll be on the lookout for you, Mr. Rainbow snake. Consider yourself marked. :evil:

I can't get mad though. Never thought that being a worm would be even more fun than being a single celled organism. What's next? Mosquitorio?
Such potential!