The Utterly Fashionable "Nyarl was RIGHT!" Thread

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: The Utterly Fashionable "Nyarl was RIGHT!" Thread

Post by sparks » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:13 pm

But we like weird. And, after all, at least it isn't nice.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:55 am

Was thinking of putting this one in the "Back-sassin' in the News' thread, but it fits even better here. This woman is (was) a cunt. Using a 5-year-old as a human shield:

Baltimore County police fatally shoot woman in Randallstown barricade
Baltimore County police said they shot and killed a woman Monday after she pointed a gun at officers and threatened to kill them during an hours-long standoff at an apartment in Randallstown.

Police identified the woman as 23-year-old Korryn Gaines. A 5-year-old boy in the home was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound but is expected to survive, police said.

It is not yet clear whether police or Gaines shot the child, according to police.

Gaines' uncle, Jermaine Barnett, said the child was Gaines' son. Police said they had not confirmed the relationship between Gaines and the child.

Authorities said they did not yet know whether any of the officers involved in the shooting were wearing body cameras. The Police Department began phasing in its body camera program last month, but only some officers have received the devices.
Gaines was wanted for failing to appear in cases related to a March incident in which she was charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and numerous traffic violations, Johnson said.

Police "repeatedly knocked on the apartment door" and heard a man's and a woman's voice, as well as a crying child, the police chief said. No one answered the door after police identified themselves.
An officer got a key from the landlord and opened the door to the apartment. Officers could see that Gaines had a long gun, and she pointed it at one of three officers, Johnson said. She was seated on the floor and had the 5-year-old in her arms.

Tactical personnel were called to the home and began an hours-long negotiation with Gaines, the police chief said.

"During that dialogue and conversation, she repeatedly pointed a long gun at the police officers," he said.

About 3 p.m., Gaines pointed the long gun at officers and told them if they didn't leave, "she was going to kill them," Johnson said.

An officer then fired once at Gaines, and she shot back several rounds, Johnson said. Police fired again, killing her. It was unclear where in the apartment the child was during the gunfire.

The names of the officers were not released, per an agreement with the county police union. The names are expected to be released later this week.
Another story about it suggests she was some sort of sovereign citizen type who didn't recognize police authority.
According to the Baltimore Sun, Gaines had told police in a previous traffic stop that cops would have to "murder" her to get her out of her vehicle. The police report said Gaines had a cardboard sign on her car that stated, "Any Government official who compromises this pursuit to happiness and right to travel will be held criminally responsible and fined, as this is a natural right or freedom." This sounds a lot like what sovereign citizens argue — that they are entirely free from a government’s laws because the laws violate innate rights.

In that report, police also said that they had to call a tow truck to pick up Gaines’s car, which had no record of license plates or a required emissions check. As they waited, Gaines allegedly put two children that were in the vehicle on her lap. When police arrested her, "they had to remove the infant from her arms and physically pull her out of the car," Colin Campbell reported for the Baltimore Sun. That is somewhat similar to what police said happened at Gaines’s apartment with the five-year-old boy.
That Sovereign Citizen shit does not end well when you take it to its ridiculous conclusion: Sorry police but I don't have to follow your laws and you have no authority to arrest me cuz reasons. Not saying the police acted correctly here, a 5-year-old was shot. But the blame has to fall mostly on the slobberin' citizen nitwit (assuming the police are basically telling the truth here).
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:04 am

Assuming all of that I would have to agree, especially since they spent--according to the report--hours trying to reason with the Cunt.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:15 pm

http://skepticalscalpel.blogspot.com/20 ... me-to.html
As the gentleman was loaded on the stretcher, people still had their phones out despite me cursing them 15 minutes before in Spanish and English. A Hispanic guy was going to town with the video few feet away from me and channeling his reporting self. I could hear him describing in Spanish what was going on and even saying (to the video) that he believes my husband and I know each other because we have good work dynamics (insert eye roll emoji here).

Not even a 90 year old face down on an escalator with a walker stopped people from doing their phone thing. So sad.

What is wrong with society? What kind of world do we live in?
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:26 pm

One with forums like this one, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:58 pm

My Racist Homophobic Cunt Bitch probably is the greatest proof of the correctness of Nyarl.

--J.D.

P.S. His daily fisting by the Bikers is the proof I am correct.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:13 pm

Stick your dick into good scotch and have dad lick it.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:06 am

My Racist Homophobic Cunt Bitch probably is the greatest proof of the correctness of Nyarl.

--J.D.

P.S. His daily fisting by the Bikers is the proof I am correct.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:57 am

Truth is harsh but it is Truth.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:52 am

This could go in Politics but I feel it fits this thread:
An imam and his assistant were shot dead as they walked along a street in the New York borough of Queens.

The men were approached from behind by a man who shot them both in the head, a police spokesman said.

Imam Maulama Akonjee, 55, moved to the city from Bangladesh two years ago, reports in New York said.

Police said there were as yet "no indications" the men were targeted because of their faith.

A man holding a gun was seen leaving the scene of the shooting in the Ozone Park area, but no-one has been arrested.

Police said the suspect had a "medium complexion".

Imam Akonjee and his assistant Thara Uddin, 64, were shot a short walk from the al-Furqan Jame mosque at about 13:50 local time (17:50 GMT) on Saturday.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

Some of those attending the rally said the shooting was a hate crime, although police said they were still investigating the motive.

Beaten By Colonists
As for "hate crime"--a loaded term I know--without evidences--thanks--that the victims were targeted for being Muslims/immigrants/Jets fans this is not a hate crime. Seems weird that these two would be killed without any other motivation: no robbery or confrontation.

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:18 am

Hard to say either way at this point. Just hope they catch the one who did it.

Police say nothing to indicate that they were targeted because of their faith, but they were dressed in Muslim garb and anyone could see that they were Muslims just by looking at them. No other obvious motive. A different story I read said they still had money in their pockets.
William Shakespeare

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:10 pm

I'll contribute from around here:
CBS News wrote:Attacker, victim die after Swiss train knife and fire attack

The man who attacked passengers on a crowded Swiss train with a knife and a burning liquid died of his wounds Sunday, as did one of his victims, Swiss police said. Three others remained in critical condition.

Police are still searching for a motive but said there's no indication the suspect, identified only as a 27-year-old Swiss man from a neighboring region, had ties to extremist groups.

The three people in critical condition include a 6-year-old child, and their wounds are considered life-threatening, St. Gallen canton (state) police spokesman Hans-Peter Kruesi told The Associated Press.

Swiss police searched the suspect's home after the Saturday afternoon attack on the train as it neared the station in Salez, close to the Liechtenstein border. Kruesi would not comment on what evidence was seized at the home, but said "so far there are no indications this was a terrorist or politically motivated crime."

Police were not able to question the suspect before he died, Kruesi said, adding that the man had no criminal record and was not previously known to police.

According to a video of the attack evaluated by police, the assailant acted alone, attacking passengers on the train between Buchs and Sennwald with a knife and then a burning liquid, which is now being analyzed by a police forensics team.

Five passengers on the train were wounded in the attack and a sixth person on the train platform was wounded as he pulled the burning suspect off the train, police said.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/attacker-vi ... re-attack/

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:48 am

This is less serious stuff, just cunts being racist trolls on the internet really, but it is consistent with Nyar's thesis that people are generally cunts:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/arts/ ... pe=article
Normani Kordei, a member of the girl group on the rise Fifth Harmony, sat for a lighthearted Facebook Live interview earlier this month. Within a week, she had been chased off Twitter by a mob spewing racist insults.

“I’ve not just been cyber bullied, I’ve been racially cyber bullied with tweets and pictures so horrific and racially charged that I can’t subject myself any longer to the hate,” she wrote. Her account has been silent since.
But the racist taunts hurled at Ms. Kordei didn’t originate from some white supremacist message board, or even from a crew of Fifth Harmony haters. It came from within the Fifth Harmony fandom itself.

The incident illuminates some strange similarities between the bands of internet trolls stalking the web and the legions of online fans seeking to stir up some drama. They both know that the most hurtful weaponry to wield against black women include images of apes, threats of lynching and a tossed-off N-word.
But why were people angry in the first place?
Fifth Harmony is a Simon Cowell-assembled girl group that snagged its first Top 10 hit this year with the saucy single “Work From Home.” Its brand would best be described as “gyrating girl power.” But when Ms. Kordei sat down with the digital lifestyle magazine Galore for the Facebook Live interview on the subject of female friendship, one question — “Describe each girl in one word” — ripped a fault line through the group’s young, female fan base.

Of her bandmate Ally Brooke, Ms. Kordei said: “Sunshine, because she is literally the light of the group.” Of Lauren Jauregui: “My therapist, I can go to her about absolutely anything, and I feel like I can trust that she won’t judge anything that I say.” And Dinah Jane: “She’s like the turn-up queen, she just has a good time anywhere she is.” When she reached Fifth Harmony’s final member, Camila Cabello, she paused. “She is … let’s see. Camila. Very quirky. Yeah, very quirky. Um, cute. Quirky.”

That’s it. But that was enough to enrage some fans of Ms. Cabello, the 19-year-old who has been positioned as Fifth Harmony’s breakout star (and earned a spot in Taylor Swift’s squad). To this set, Ms. Kordei’s answer was apparently insufficiently effusive. “Camila is a lot more than cute and quirky she’s kind, classy, mature and hardworking,” one fan tweeted.

The backlash soon grew big enough to hit the teen gossip sites (“OMG: Did Normani Kordei Throw Shade at Camila Cabello?” the magazine J-14 asked), before curdling into something more sinister. In fan enclaves across the web, a subset of Fifth Harmony followers called Ms. Kordei “Normonkey,” “coon,” and “nigger.” One said she “deserves to be lynched.” Another Photoshopped her face onto the body of a woman hanging from a tree.
Jesus wept, people. Because the question was describe each of them in one word, not one paragraph!
Even something as innocuous as a girl-group fan club.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:40 am

Living in Japan you should realize that Girl-Groups are Serious Business!

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:31 am

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:28 am

Cleveland isn't looking so good. WTF ed.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:57 am

corplinx wrote:r/morbidreality is basically the Nyar confirmation bias subreddit.

Nyar is a neat guy that has good taste in scifi. The "black filter" he claims to see everything through, I don't know if that is his internet persona or really him.... Who knows how dark our dark lord really is? (only the shadow knows?)

PS: r/upliftingnews is the eyebleach for morbidreality
Nothing new:

Heraclitus, the "Weeping philosopher"

and Democritus who laughed of everything

:mrgreen:

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:00 pm

Sigh...

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... solon.html
A woman who witnessed a man fatally shoot a woman early Saturday after a car crash said the woman had her hands up when the man opened fire with a rifle.
Felton said the woman was driving northbound on Richmond Road and the man was driving eastbound on Solon Road. The vehicles collided in the intersection and the impact of the crash sent the woman's car a few feet eastbound on Solon Road.

The man's SUV flipped several times and ended up on its roof about 50 feet east of the woman's car.

The woman's back windshield was shattered with what Felton said could be a bullet.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:20 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/28/vi ... s-100.html
Tourist John Gleason crept through the grass, four small children close behind, inching toward a bull elk with antlers like small trees at the edge of a meadow in Yellowstone National Park.

"They're going to give me a heart attack," said Gleason's mother-in-law, Barbara Henry, as the group came within about a dozen yards of the massive animal.

The elk's ears then pricked up, and it eyed the children and Washington state man before leaping up a hillside. Other tourists — likewise ignoring rules to keep 25 yards from wildlife — picked up the pursuit, snapping pictures as they pressed forward and forced the animal into headlong retreat.

Record visitor numbers at the nation's first national park have transformed its annual summer rush into a sometimes dangerous frenzy, with selfie-taking tourists routinely breaking park rules and getting too close to Yellowstone's storied elk herds, grizzly bears, wolves and bison.
IT'S NOT THE FREAKING ZOO, YOU DUMB FUCKS
Washington state resident Lisa Morrow's son was among the children Gleason led toward the elk. Despite safety advisories — and numerous examples of visitors getting gored by bison, mauled by bears and chased by elk — Morrow declared herself unafraid of the park's wildlife. She said she was eager to see a grizzly up close.

"I want to see one right there," Morrow said, pointing to a spot just feet away. "I'd throw it a cookie."
I might actually pay to watch the hilarity ensue.

shemp
Title: crazy as fuck

Post by shemp » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:25 am

I wish I was a park ranger. I'd love to have a front row seat for the dumbass carnage.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want