The Officially Sanctioned "River to My People!" Thread to Combat the Doom and Gloom and Stuff Nyarl

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: The Officially Sanctioned "River to My People!" Thread to Combat the Doom and Gloom and Stuff Nyarl

Post by Doctor X » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:39 am

Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Witness

Re: The Officially Sanctioned "River to My People!" Thread to Combat the Doom and Gloom and Stuff Nyarl

Post by Witness » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:45 am

Starbucks set to hire 2,500 refugees in Europe

The world’s largest coffee chain said it would hire the refugees at its European stores starting in eight countries over the next five years and had already started recruitment.

The move is part of the Seattle-based company’s plan, unveiled in January, to add 10,000 refugees in 75 countries to its workforce.

The company faced backlash soon after, with several people using the hashtag #BoycottStarbucks on social media to urge customers to stay away from its stores.

But there appeared to be no similar reaction on Tuesday with only a handful of people on Twitter voicing their disapproval or support of the Europe hires.

Starbucks will roll out the initiative in Britain, France, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Germany and the Netherlands.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-euro ... SKBN19B2HT

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:50 am

A smart business move.

The people who frequent Starbucks in Europe won't have to deal with the indigenous working classes at all.
The working classes smell you know.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:42 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:50 am
The working classes smell you know.
As Cavanna, from Charlie Hebdo, quipped: "Sweat is what drips from the poor when they work."

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:43 am

The rich, meanwhile, perspire, not sweat, when they play tennis on a hot day.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:52 am

Hubble is back:
Hubble’s First Picture After Returning to Service. The Telescope is Fully Operational Again with Three Working Gyros

https://astronomynews.net/hubbles-first ... ing-gyros/ (article in very approximate English)

Dragline
Title: Top Dog

Post by Dragline » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:54 am

My boy's enjoyin' himself this Solstice!

That laugh!

That smile!
He ain't in the box because of the joke played on him. He back-sassed a free man. They got their rules. We ain't got nothin' to do with that. Would probably have happened to him sooner or later anyway, a complainer like him. He gotta learn the rules the same as anybody else.

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:18 am

↑ What? Not a rosé millésimé? Image

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Judge rules for Sandy Hook families, allows review of financials for InfoWars publisher Alex Jones

Larry McShane

Sandy Hook conspiracy theorist Alex Jones must grant the families of seven victims killed in the school massacre full access to his web site’s marketing and financial documents.

The Friday morning ruling by Connecticut State Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis was quickly hailed by the plaintiffs in a lawsuit against Jones, who has asserted in the past that the execution of 26 students and faculty members was a scam.

“From the beginning, we have alleged that Alex Jones and his financial network trafficked in lies and hate in order to profit from the grief of the Sandy Hook families,” said attorney Chris Mattei, representing the seven plaintiff families who sued Jones.

The parents of five slain children, along with relatives of two murdered staff members, brought the lawsuit against the rabble-rousing InfoWars web site. An FBI agent who responded to the heartbreaking Dec. 14, 2012, mass shooting scene at the Sandy Hook Elementary School is also a plaintiff.

Jones suggested on more than one occasion that the mass shooting inside an elementary school was a hoax.

“I’ve watched a lot of soap operas,” Jones once said of the gruesome killings by a deranged local youth. “And I’ve seen actors before. And I know when I’m watching a movie and when I’m watching something real.” In case anyone forgot.

Bellis granted lawyers for the families access to Jones’ InfoWars web site to examine its internal marketing and financial documents.

“We look forward to gaining access to InfoWars’ internal marketing and financial documents to show that Jones has built an empire as nothing more than a conspiracy profiteer,” said Mattei.

There was no immediate response from Jones’ attorney to the ruling.

Boston Sun
--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Fid

Post by Fid » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:28 pm

"... Jones’ attorney..."
Well yeah it's kinda hard to respond when one is chained in a basement being fed with Lovecraftian mushrooms growing out of the walls.

Not that I do that.
"Try SCE to AUX."
Yeah, me and an electrified atmosphere ain't friends.

shemp
Title: crazy as fuck

Post by shemp » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:14 pm

I hope they pick him clean. I hope he starves to death in a gutter.

Edited to add: Upon further review, that's too good for him. Perhaps we should bring back the Olde English (not the malt liquor!) concept of declaring a man to be "Outlaw" and "Caput lupinum" (wolf's head). Such a man was outside the protection of the law and anyone could take his head like they would that of a wolf.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 am

Hung.
Drawn.
Quartered.

Part of his carcass may be hung on The Wall.

--J.D.

shemp
Title: crazy as fuck

Post by shemp » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 am

Gibbeted, of course.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:11 am

From some years ago:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:27 am

On Tuesday, Keio put out an official press release to let everyone know that as of this month, it’ll be making some temporary additions to its stations, which are themselves in response to temporary in-station additions that the rail operator itself had no part in constructing. See, swallows like to build nests in the eaves and passageways of some of Keio’s stations, and rather than knock them down and force the birds to relocate, the company is installing special plates/baskets underneath the nests.
As much as Japan loves cute animals and respects nature, it also values cleanliness, and these protrusions are set up to catch poo, so that it doesn’t fall onto the floor or, worse, people passing through on their way to/from the trains. And because designers in Japan never miss a chance to add adorable artwork to their creations, the underside of the plates feature an illustration of a happy swallow family, plus Keio’s anthropomorphic train mascot characters Keita-kun and Shingo-kun.
Keio admits that it can’t guarantee the plates will keep the area underneath the nests spotless, and also says that in some cases, the dimensions/layout of the station may prevent it from being able to install the poo blockers. Still, it asks for customers’ understanding over the next few months, as the plates will be in place from April until July, coinciding with the nesting/child rearing period for swallows. “This project is to prevent inconveniences for our customers, while also taking into consideration the living environment of the swallows and biodiversity,” says Keio.

Wokketu NUUZU!
--J.D.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:34 pm

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu May 16, 2019 1:09 am

First brown bear sighting in Portugal in over a century

The first brown bear sighting in Portugal in more than a century was confirmed by wildlife experts on Thursday, after reports of an animal in the northeast of the country.

The bear, which most likely belongs to a population living in the western Cantabrian Mountains in northern Spain, is thought to have wandered across the border.
[…]
The animal was spotted in the Montesinho Natural Park and Braganca commune in northeastern Portugal.

The town of Bragance is about 20 kilometres (12 miles) from the Spanish border.

Media reports say the last living bear in Portugal was killed in 1843 in the northwest mountainous region of Geres.

"The fact that a bear has crossed our border does not mean that there is a bear established in Portugal. At the moment we have a stray animal," said Paulo Caetano, an author of a book on bears, on Portuguese radio.

The animal is probably a young male looking for "a peaceful territory, a companion and food," he said.

The bear population in the Cantabrian mountain range, which extends east to west over four Spanish regions, has been increasing since the 1989 adoption of a relocation plan.

In 2018, some 330 bears were counted in the mountains there, according to the environmentalist foundation Oso Pardo.
https://www.france24.com/en/20190509-fi ... er-century

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri May 24, 2019 3:55 am

Could go in Your Mo the Other Nyarl Thread. I will see the glass as only half dirty since this was stopped.
Fifty children saved as international paedophile ring busted

The arrests were made in Thailand, Australia and the US and more are expected, Interpol said.

The investigation began in 2017 and focused on a hidden "dark web" site with 63,000 users worldwide.

Police believe 100 more children have suffered abuse and are working to identify them.

Operation Blackwrist was launched by Interpol after it detected images showing 11 boys aged under 13 being abused on a site where people can use encrypted software to maintain secrecy.

The dark net is an internet area beyond the reach of mainstream search engines.

The US Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) department traced the IP address of the website, which was hosting photos and videos of abuse.

Police say the abusers uploaded new images on a weekly basis and often masked the children's faces to make it harder for investigators to identify them.

The first arrests came last year, when the site's main administrator, Montri Salangam, was detained in Thailand, and another administrator, Ruecha Tokputza, was caught in Australia.

Salangam, who abused one of his nephews, was sentenced to 146 years in prison in Thailand, while an accomplice, a pre-school teacher, got 36 years.

Tokputza was sentenced to 40 years on Friday after pleading guilty to 51 charges against 11 babies and boys, the heaviest sentence ever handed down in Australia for child sex offences.

Police found thousands of images taken in both Thailand and Australia on his devices. In some of them Tokputza was the main abuser. The youngest victim to be identified was 15 months old.

"You are a child's worst nightmare, you are every parent's horror, you are a menace to the community," Judge Liesl Chapman said in Adelaide.

The identities of the others arrested are yet to be released, but some are residing in the US and held public positions of trust, said Eric McLoughlin, the HSI's regional attache in Bangkok.

Bugger'd by Colonists
--J.D.

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed May 29, 2019 1:49 am

Seabirds treble on Lundy after island is declared rat-free

RSPB study shows rats culling favoured nesting of puffins and shearwaters

For years, they were the scourge of seabirds seeking to nest on Lundy.

But since rats were expunged from the island off the coast of Devon 15 years ago, the seabird population has trebled to 21,000 birds.

Puffins have increased from 13 birds in 2001 to 375, while the population of Manx shearwaters has risen from 297 pairs to 5,504, according to a study led by the RSPB.

Black and brown rats, which arrived on Lundy as stowaways on ships, preyed upon the eggs and chicks of ground-nesting seabirds, particularly the burrow-nesting puffins and shearwaters. Between 2002 and 2004, the non-native rats were eradicated – a project opposed by some animal rights groups, who argued that conservationists were favouring tourist-friendly birds over the rats.
[…]
A recent study found that nearly 10% of the world’s bird, mammal, amphibian and reptile species currently on the brink of extinction could be saved by culling invasive mammals such as cats and rats on 169 islands.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... d-rat-free

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:00 am

Costa Rica Doubled Its Forest Cover In Just 30 Years!

Costa Rica has a long-standing commitment to the environment. The country is now one of the leading nations of sustainability, biodiversity, and other protections. The country’s first lady, urban planner Claudia Dobles, said in an interview with The New York Times that they plan to be completely fossil fuel free by 2050 and that achieving that goal would combat a “sense of negativity and chaos” in the face of global warming. “We need to start providing answers,” she said.

Which is exactly what they’ve been doing. One of their most incredible feats so far is managing to generate all the country’s power from solely renewable sources for three years consecutively! Then there’s also what they plan to do, which is absolutely incredible – they are set to be carbon-free and plastic-free by 2021. In addition, they’ve tackled the dilemma of deforestation remarkably – resulting in a doubling of tree coverage across the country in the last 30 years.

After decades of deforestation, Costa Rica has reforested to the point that half of the country’s land surface is covered with trees again.

https://www.intelligentliving.co/costa- ... est-cover/