The Officially Sanctioned "River to My People!" Thread to Combat the Doom and Gloom and Stuff Nyarl

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Nyarlathotep

Re: The Officially Sanctioned "River to My People!" Thread to Combat the Doom and Gloom and Stuff Nyarl

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Good for Chicago. As of Saturday, shelved were fucking empty of almost everything in Carson City and no one has mentioned them getting any fuller yesterday

Nyarlathotep

Re: The Officially Sanctioned "River to My People!" Thread to Combat the Doom and Gloom and Stuff Nyarl

Post by Nyarlathotep »

This made Nyarl's day a bit brighter.

My piece of shit ex-brother had his sentencing hearing today. He got the full 15 years. I still think he should have gotten more, but 15 years is a good start.

Prisons seem like they would be good breeding grounds for Covid-19 and he's a smoker. Here's hoping...

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

creepy but cute!

Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

Fabulous movie.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

With apologies to Doctor X, I can't seem to get enough of this girl.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

You too huh?

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

"What she lacked in technique she made up for in enthusiasm."

– J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Captain Tom Moore celebrates 100th birthday

The war veteran who has raised millions for the NHS has celebrated his 100th birthday in style, with tributes have pouring in from around the country.

With celebrations under way, the total Captain Tom Moore has raised by completing laps of his garden for NHS Charities Together topped £30m.

Capt Tom was also made an honorary colonel, and became an honorary member of the England cricket team.

The occasion was also marked with an RAF flypast and birthday greetings from the Queen and prime minister.

Bugger'd by Colonists
Need to make him a "Sir," since he has done more than those who have such.

And honorarily promote him to "major" for obvious reasons.

– J.D.

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

They've made him Colonel.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Evidences:

from the Daily Fail, but Bugger'd by Colonists does not seem to care.
Captain Tom Moore has been promoted to Honorary Colonel by the Queen to mark his 100th birthday today after the World War II veteran captured the hearts of the nation by raising £29 million for the NHS by doing laps of his garden.

The promotion comes alongside a personal letter from Her Majesty and the new Colonel has also been re-presented with his Second World War Defence Medal ahead of next week's VE Day celebrations.

And, along with the usual cake and champagne, there'll be two flypasts to mark his big day today – by Army Air Corps helicopters as well as a Spitfire and Hurricane in the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

As well-wishers across the globe sent cards in their thousands, Defence Secretary Ben Wallace paid tribute to Colonel Tom, saying he not only embodies 'the spirit of our incredible veteran community but also the resolve of this nation'.

General Sir Mark Carleton-Smith, Chief of the General Staff, made the appointment, making the veteran the first Honorary Colonel of the Army Foundation College, Harrogate, which trains 16 and 17-year-old soldiers.

He will be an 'inspirational role model to generations young and old,' Sir Mark said.

Daily Fail
– J.D.

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

I got it from the BBC to be honest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-52482998

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Unfortunately, one has to go through some hurdles to see the "Proper British BBC" rather than one created for their Colonial Masters.

– J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

And now he will be "Sir."

You are welcome.

– J.D.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Yes. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time. As ed would say, 'troubling'.