Ask Ed

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: Ask Ed

Post by ed » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:58 am

Good question. I had a couple of human brains, a spinal cord and other related stuff. It seemed that the formaldehyde discolored after a while. I recommend that you change it regularly (say every 8-12 months) from the point of "collection". Then I would observe: if there is discoloration (I noted yellow) change. Make sure the container is well sealed. I added a layer of sheet wax around the rim.

Remember also to dispose of the formaldehyde properly!! It is hazmat! Bruce, I am sure, has all the info you need on that. And lids and so on.

Happy collecting!!!
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:50 pm

ed gives good advice here, but only supposing the heart is meant for display (as it might be in a museum).

If you need it to last really forever (for arcane rituals of course) drain the formaldehyde, wash it off with alcohol and water, and let it completely dry out packed it in salt.

Then you can incorporate bits of it into amulets and the like without going around smelling of formaldehyde.

HTH :mrgreen:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:22 am

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:24 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:50 pm
ed gives good advice here, but only supposing the heart is meant for display (as it might be in a museum).

If you need it to last really forever (for arcane rituals of course) drain the formaldehyde, wash it off with alcohol and water, and let it completely dry out packed it in salt.

Then you can incorporate bits of it into amulets and the like without going around smelling of formaldehyde.

HTH :mrgreen:
Salt?

I don't want to eat it. I am not a barbarian.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:36 am

But speaking of that...

I think we can all agree that it is okay to eat your fellow airplane passengers if you crash in the Andes and they die. But what about during a 20-minute delay on the tarmac and you overslept and were late getting to the airport from the hotel so you didn't even have time to grab an overpriced sandwich at a food stand before boarding? Is it still morally acceptable?
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:26 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:36 am
But speaking of that...

I think we can all agree that it is okay to eat your fellow airplane passengers if you crash in the Andes and they die. But what about during a 20-minute delay on the tarmac and you overslept and were late getting to the airport from the hotel so you didn't even have time to grab an overpriced sandwich at a food stand before boarding? Is it still morally acceptable?
If you are in a third world country it is expected.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!