Guns 'N' Rosé

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Guns 'N' Rosé

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun May 12, 2019 5:13 pm

:lmao:

Guess Who Just Sued the Maker of “Guns ‘N’ Rosé”
Lowering the Bar (lawyer blog)
Well, this is very disturbing.

Not the lawsuit—those don’t disturb me at this point—but the realization after all these years that “Guns N’ Roses” only has one apostrophe. Well, I guess they have always been outlaws.

But having the correct number of apostrophes seems unlikely to protect the brewer of “Guns ‘N’ Rosé” beer from allegations of trademark infringement leveled against it by the band, which filed the complaint below on May 9. According to CNN, the Colorado brewery tried to register its logo last year, but abandoned the application when the band opposed it. The lawsuit alleges GNR then asked the brewery to cease and desist, and while it seems to have agreed in general, it allegedly said it would continue to sell Guns ‘N’ Rosé beer and merchandise until March 2020. Presumably it has an existing inventory of that stuff that it’d like to sell through rather than just discard, but GNR’s position is likely that it should have thought about that before it started using the similar name.

The complaint also tells us that GNR is a partnership organized under California law, its general partners currently being “W. Axl Rose (“Axl Rose”), Saul Hudson, pka Slash, and Michael McKagan.” Thankfully, the lawyers carefully defined the term “Axl Rose” to ensure that a reader would not confuse this Axl Rose with some other Axl Rose who might pertain to this lawsuit in some way, though no other Axl Rose is ever mentioned; but they somehow did not take the opportunity to write “Saul Hudson (‘Slash’).” Slash is never mentioned again by name, either, but if you’re going to insist on doing this kind of thing, how do you pass up an opportunity like that one? Baffling.

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Re: Guns 'N' Rosé

Post by Witness » Mon May 13, 2019 12:34 am

I was expecting quite more from such a thread title. :|

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Mon May 13, 2019 12:36 am

The story of Abduls life.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Thu May 30, 2019 1:40 am

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Thu May 30, 2019 1:47 am

Border security boots on the ground:

https://www.dvidshub.net/unit/T10SWB

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale