One Man and his Fag-o-Cycle

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Re: One Man and his Fag-o-Cycle

Post by asthmatic camel »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:22 am
Fid wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:00 pm
Noted and logged you guys the internet exists for a reason Girls scantily clad.
Don't make me come down there buster.
Au contraire ...

Now those are dorky pants.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Rob Lister wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:56 pm
Lock Love

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_lock
Paris municipality removes them periodically on the Pont des Arts (so the next batch of twats can operate).

Reminded me of the famous Doisneau photo:

:mrgreen:

Fid

Post by Fid »

asthmatic camel wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:33 am
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:22 am
Fid wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:00 pm
Noted and logged you guys the internet exists for a reason Girls scantily clad.
Don't make me come down there buster.
Au contraire ...

Now those are dorky pants.
yeah, but the boyo got some abbs and yeah I had jerk or two you boys be nice.
... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan

asthmatic camel

Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

asthmatic camel

Ahem.

Thought I'd share my smoke break with Oliver Cromwell at Wythenshawe Hall this morning and then watch the sun rise at Reddish Vale. Safely home before the disease-ridden great unwashed were even awake. :)

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Whereas I did 25 miles before you woke up.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

asthmatic camel

Cobden's dick. A famous local landmark.

Witness

Post by Witness »

robinson
Title: Nice guy

Post by robinson »

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Cyclist deaths double during lockdown – at twice the average for the time of year

Cyclist fatalities since the UK lockdown began on 23 March are running at more than double the average for the time of year, road.cc can reveal, with 14 cyclists in Great Britain and one in Northern Ireland losing their lives in road traffic incidents.

Given that the roads are much quieter than usual, with traffic reverting to levels not seen since the 1950s, the spike in cyclist deaths does seem counter-intuitive.

However, a number of road traffic policing units across the country have highlighted issues such as an increase in speeding as some motorists take the opportunity of empty roads to ignore speed limits, as well as suggestions that drivers more likely to pose a risk to others are still out there while more law-abiding motorists remain at home.

In other words, there might be fewer drivers out there, but there is now a greater proportion of the ones who cause the most harm.
https://road.cc/content/news/cyclist-de ... ear-272987

Take care, AC!

asthmatic camel

My friend, I'm generally out and about between 2-6 AM when, even during what are termed normal times, there's a scarcity of pedestrians, cyclists, horse-driven carts and self-propelled motor-driven vehicles on the public highways.

I am a competent bicycle mechanic and and carry with me tools and spares sufficient to fix any unforeseen mechanical fault other than a broken frame or blown tyre. We're talking lottery odds of that happening.

I'm never much further than 5 miles away from home and, in the unlikely event of a mechanical failure, what's the worst that could happen? I'd either have to lock my bike up where it was and walk home, (easy), carry or push my bike home, (not easy but do-able), or 'phone Mrs. Camel to come and get me, (do-able but extremely fucking scary and I'd rather be nicked and pay a fine.)

I'm safe and sound. :)

robinson
Title: Nice guy

Post by robinson »

Witness wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:40 am
Cyclist deaths double during lockdown – at twice the average for the time of year
However, a number of road traffic policing units across the country have highlighted issues such as an increase in speeding as some motorists take the opportunity of empty roads to ignore speed limits, as well as suggestions that drivers more likely to pose a risk to others are still out there while more law-abiding motorists remain at home.

In other words, there might be fewer drivers out there, but there is now a greater proportion of the ones who cause the most harm.
That's sort of true, but it depends. It's not true everywhere. But I would say if you cycle, you are indeed at greater risk now. Based on my 60+ hours a week, out and about at all hours, over all kinds of roads and highways.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

Witness wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:40 am

Cyclist fatalities since the UK lockdown began on 23 March are running at more than double the average for the time of year, road.cc can reveal, with 14 cyclists in Great Britain and one in Northern Ireland losing their lives in road traffic incidents.

Given that the roads are much quieter than usual, with traffic reverting to levels not seen since the 1950s, the spike in cyclist deaths does seem counter-intuitive.

Take care, AC!
Also cyclists are going through stop lights more as they assume the roads are clear. I consider that an own goal.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

Witness

Post by Witness »

I hear you all. On one hand, cyclists have come into a lot of bad habits (similar to scooters, skates and other dumbasses on wheels); on the other the 4-wheelers tend to pay little attention to cyclists. I know, having been one: learned to drive very defensively.

Let's have some pleasant news instead:
First wild stork chicks to hatch in UK in centuries poised to emerge

More than 100 birds have been living wild in England as part of conservation scheme

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -centuries

Cranes make comeback in Britain's wetlands

The graceful crane - the tallest bird in the UK - is making a comeback into Britain’s wetlands thanks to re-introduction and habitat restoration.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52384853

asthmatic camel

Hotarubi wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:58 am
Also cyclists are going through stop lights more as they assume the roads are clear. I consider that an own goal.
Pisses me off when I see that: they give the rest of us a bad name and it's something I never do. That, and cyclists out at night without lights. Why put yourself and others at risk for the sake of a £3 pair of clip-on LED lights? If you can afford a bike, you can afford some lights for it.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

I debated mentioning how much I laugh when I see both cyclists and motorcyclists wearing masks but not a helmet.

馬鹿につける薬はない。

雨に。

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Witness

Post by Witness »

asthmatic camel

Witness

Post by Witness »