UFO Thread

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

UFO Thread

Post by ed » Mon May 27, 2019 10:52 am

WASHINGTON — The strange objects, one of them like a spinning top moving against the wind, appeared almost daily from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, high in the skies over the East Coast. Navy pilots reported to their superiors that the objects had no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes, but that they could reach 30,000 feet and hypersonic speeds.

“These things would be out there all day,” said Lt. Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot who has been with the Navy for 10 years, and who reported his sightings to the Pentagon and Congress. “Keeping an aircraft in the air requires a significant amount of energy. With the speeds we observed, 12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”

In late 2014, a Super Hornet pilot had a near collision with one of the objects, and an official mishap report was filed. Some of the incidents were videotaped, including one taken by a plane’s camera in early 2015 that shows an object zooming over the ocean waves as pilots question what they are watching.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/26/us/p ... e=Homepage

I mean WTF? Seriously, WTF????
Lieutenants Graves and Accoin, along with former American intelligence officials, appear in a six-part History Channel series, “Unidentified: Inside America’s U.F.O. Investigation,” to air beginning Friday. The Times conducted separate interviews with key participants.
Hmmmmmmmmmm .................

Now it seems to me that every USAF Aerial Machine is equipped with a camera. It also seems to me that if we (the collective "we" meaning our armed forces) saw some weird shit near out shores that we would photograph the hell out of it just before blowing it to kingdom come. I would not expect a History Channel crapathon.

My BS detector is pinging loudly.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: UFO Thread

Post by Pyrrho » Mon May 27, 2019 11:08 am

Lieutenant Accoin said he interacted twice with the objects. The first time, after picking up the object on his radar, he set his plane to merge with it, flying 1,000 feet below it. He said he should have been able to see it with his helmet camera, but could not, even though his radar told him it was there.
Read my sig.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce » Mon May 27, 2019 11:17 am

Weather balloon technology has come a long way. That ain't your grand-daddy's weather balloon. How do you suppose we get such accurate weather forecasts these days? Hypersonic weather balloons. That's how.
Such potential!

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Mon May 27, 2019 11:22 am

All this time all we needed for high-speed propulsion was a sphere encasing a cube.

Here, however, is a clue:
The pilots began noticing the objects after their 1980s-era radar was upgraded to a more advanced system. As one fighter jet after another got the new radar, pilots began picking up the objects, but ignoring what they thought were false radar tracks.

“People have seen strange stuff in military aircraft for decades,” Lieutenant Graves said. “We’re doing this very complex mission, to go from 30,000 feet, diving down. It would be a pretty big deal to have something up there.”

But he said the objects persisted, showing up at 30,000 feet, 20,000 feet, even sea level. They could accelerate, slow down and then hit hypersonic speeds.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon May 27, 2019 12:33 pm

Orgone plasmoids, therefore not strictly speaking "objects".
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Mon May 27, 2019 12:57 pm

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Mon May 27, 2019 1:09 pm

Bottom line: you are all in on it.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!