An easy shortcut for wannabe writers.

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Nyarlathotep

An easy shortcut for wannabe writers.

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:22 am

Let a neural net do the work for you. Just put in whatever you want to start with and let it go to town.

Talk to Transformer

I put in the first line of Neuromancer and it tried to turn it into Harry Potter, I think

The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.

He was in the process of getting rid of his last few possessions when he spotted a strange creature standing on the edge of a nearby dock, the glow of its eyes piercing his eyes.

The creature raised a hand, a white mist coming from its fingers.

He jumped back and screamed.

The creature vanished.

He was left standing on the dock, with a hand in his pocket, looking at the sea.

There was no one else on the dock.

---

He sat on his bed. He had been in his room all night, doing homework. He had just finished his report when the door opened, and someone walked in.

"Professor?"

"Hello, Sirius."

Sirius looked over, and the man was standing in his doorway, wearing a long, dark coat.

"I'm sorry if I scared you," said Sirius, and the man smiled
The Luggage said nothing, but louder this time.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: An easy shortcut for wannabe writers.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:32 am

Read me doctor memory. It sounds like an impossible goal and it takes a lifetime to achieve, but it's not.
I'll go on record as saying that it is possible to live the good life, to be happy with your life. It doesn't come easy. Not for everyone, not even for those who have the fortune of being born with talent or health or an advanced degree. I've done my fair share of thinking and writing about the concept of happiness. But you've seen the results in the pictures. I was a happy person before the age of thirty. Not anymore. And I've found happiness again, for the first time in over thirty years, when I stopped doing what I was doing to get happy.
I am writing to give you something you can use. I've written this book for the love of my life and the hope that you can get to where I
Why does the porridge bird lay its eggs in the air?

The answer to that question is that birds do not lay their eggs on the ground; their eggs are laid on the ground when they hatch, and in many cases in a nest, and they are often carried off, or left by the male to die; and then they can lay their eggs in some places, and in other places, and sometimes both. They will sometimes, however, choose to lay their eggs in the air because they can make more room for them in the nest or nest-box. I have heard it said that when a bird lays an egg on a branch it is an act of sacrilege. If that is so, why did the Porridge Bird lay its egg on a piece of twigs? It is as much sacrilege to make a nest on a house-post as to make a nest in a tree; there is as great a danger of breakage in making nests on houses as there is in making nests
Conclusion: Sucks. :cowbell:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:36 am

Meh.

Tried a Marx quote, got two (journal articles?) quotes back.

Plato quote, got Chesterton.

shemp
Title: crazy as fuck

Post by shemp » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:40 am

Chapter 1: Inigo's Revenge
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. I know every inch of this island. Every inch. Do you know how long it took me to find it? Seven years. I've been looking for it my whole life. You wouldn't have found it with seven years of searching, and that's without your help. I know where it is. It's in the Caribbean. On the other side of that rockslide. I can get you there in half a day. That's how long it took me. Montoya. Montoya, get in there. Montoya.

Inigo Montoya: I'll find it.

Alfonso Herrera: You've been waiting for this, haven't you?

Theodore Roosevelt: I was.

Inigo Montoya: Theodore Roosevelt? I thought you said he was a dead man."

"Oh, I didn't. But I do remember him, I do. He was the sort of fellow that was always in the country. Always in the country, you see, and that's his special quality, I think—his special quality, if I may use that expression."

"Well," said a little voice, "I do remember him as the sort of fellow who was always in the country. Now I'm going to put you into the hands of that young woman to do what you do best, to answer your letters. I believe her to be a very nice person; she wrote you that note and all."

He saw his visitor leave.

"Well," he went on to the nurse, "I do say there's a woman here who I've never heard of. And she does the best work I ever had done. She's got a wonderful heart for children. She is passionate about this. We're a little bit overwhelmed by it," a friend said.

"She's such a strong young woman," the friend said.

Watkins, of the 900 block of W. 36th Street in West Philadelphia, went to the hospital in stable condition after suffering a "life-threatening" medical event, police said. She was later pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.

Police identified the victim Monday as Watkins. They said it was an intentional attack that took place shortly after noon Monday.

The shooting happened in a backyard in the 300 block of West 38th Street, said police Sgt. John Delaney. Delaney said Watkins' father was the yard's owner.

Delaney said investigators are still trying to determine a motive for the shooting, which was a random act. He said Watkins may have been injured during a fight with a person that was leaving the backyard.
Last edited by shemp on Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:02 pm

Abdul, remember that rage quit generator? This is almost as good!
Goodbye I hate you all!

I'm not like the others and I never will be. I will never get a single penny of what I deserve for my troubles. My family is dead and all my friends are dead. My girlfriend who was the love of my life is dead too. She was the best thing that ever happened to me and now I will never see her again. I am done. I'm fucking done. I've never done anything I didn't enjoy but I had no one to share my joys with and now the world is mine. This was fun.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:23 pm

I am tired of this stupid forum and I am quitting immediately.

You can call me a bitch all you want. It is the truth.

Thanks, and goodnight.

Rant over

Quote: As of now, I will not post here again. Thank you for reading this far and thank you for being my friends.

I have no clue what will happen next. I don't see myself doing this again. If I do, I will do it differently. There will be a lot of time between this and the next update. I do have some ideas that I hope you will see value in.

I am tired of this stupid forum and I am quitting immediately.You can call me a bitch all you want. It is the truth.Thanks, and goodnight.Rant over
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

shemp

Post by shemp » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:19 pm

shemp wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:40 am

Chapter 1: Inigo's Revenge
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. I know every inch of this island. Every inch. Do you know how long it took me to find it? Seven years. I've been looking for it my whole life. You wouldn't have found it with seven years of searching, and that's without your help. I know where it is. It's in the Caribbean. On the other side of that rockslide. I can get you there in half a day. That's how long it took me. Montoya. Montoya, get in there. Montoya.

Inigo Montoya: I'll find it.

Alfonso Herrera: You've been waiting for this, haven't you?

Theodore Roosevelt: I was.

Inigo Montoya: Theodore Roosevelt? I thought you said he was a dead man."

"Oh, I didn't. But I do remember him, I do. He was the sort of fellow that was always in the country. Always in the country, you see, and that's his special quality, I think—his special quality, if I may use that expression."

"Well," said a little voice, "I do remember him as the sort of fellow who was always in the country. Now I'm going to put you into the hands of that young woman to do what you do best, to answer your letters. I believe her to be a very nice person; she wrote you that note and all."

He saw his visitor leave.

"Well," he went on to the nurse, "I do say there's a woman here who I've never heard of. And she does the best work I ever had done. She's got a wonderful heart for children. She is passionate about this. We're a little bit overwhelmed by it," a friend said.

"She's such a strong young woman," the friend said.

Watkins, of the 900 block of W. 36th Street in West Philadelphia, went to the hospital in stable condition after suffering a "life-threatening" medical event, police said. She was later pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.

Police identified the victim Monday as Watkins. They said it was an intentional attack that took place shortly after noon Monday.

The shooting happened in a backyard in the 300 block of West 38th Street, said police Sgt. John Delaney. Delaney said Watkins' father was the yard's owner.

Delaney said investigators are still trying to determine a motive for the shooting, which was a random act. He said Watkins may have been injured during a fight with a person that was leaving the backyard.
Chapter 2: Bostic's Saga
"The guy ran up to the house yelling about Watkins being injured," he said. "There were no signs of a struggle. It just seems like he was out on the patio and someone just decided to take the whole thing a little too far. That is what we are hoping for."

Diondre' Bostic suffered a minor injury during a late-night confrontation with a neighbor last year, WLWT-TV reports.

"I would like to apologize for what happened. I never meant to hurt him and he's very sorry for what he did," Bostic told the station. "We were just having a disagreement about the neighborhood."

Bostic, a 6-foot, 255-pound defensive end, was selected as the No. 9 pick in the third round, according to the NFL Network.

Bostic spent all four of his seasons at Florida, where he recorded 21.5 tackles for loss, 14 sacks and five forced fumbles. The Florida native also returned two punts for touchdowns, as well as four kickoffs for touchdowns. He started four games as a freshman in 2004.

"The first time I met with the Cowboys, they brought me in for a visit," Bostic told the Dallas Morning News. "After talking to the coaching staff, I knew it was where I wanted to be.

"I really enjoyed my time in Gainesville. I really enjoyed the program. It was a good fit."

The Cowboys have had some great quarterbacks in their history. From the greats like Troy Aikman and Tony Romo to the guys who are still playing today like Tony Romo and Tony Romo. It's hard to find a quarterback that can't be replaced. The next generation of Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks is on the way. The Cowboys have had many different types of quarterback over their long history. The likes of Drew Bledsoe and Troy Aikman have played for the Cowboys and paved the way for a dynasty. There have been other greats like Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman, too, who have played for the team. It's difficult to find a quarterback that can't be replaced. The Cowboys have had some great quarterbacks in their history.
Stay tuned for more.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:11 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:02 pm
Abdul, remember that rage quit generator? This is almost as good!
Goodbye I hate you all!

I'm not like the others and I never will be. I will never get a single penny of what I deserve for my troubles. My family is dead and all my friends are dead. My girlfriend who was the love of my life is dead too. She was the best thing that ever happened to me and now I will never see her again. I am done. I'm fucking done. I've never done anything I didn't enjoy but I had no one to share my joys with and now the world is mine. This was fun.
Just a question of appropriate inputs.

Thinking like a programmer. :mrgreen:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

shemp

Post by shemp » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Chapter 3: Terry Francona and the White Nationalists

We're looking at the best ever right now. Tony Romo is the best quarterback they've had in their history. He's the best of all-time. It's a real honor to play with him.

Cleveland's Andrew Miller is one of the best closers in the league.

The Indians' bullpen hasn't had much success this year, and Cleveland's two best closers in Miller and Cody Allen have struggled mightily. The bullpen has been the main problem in the Indians' 1-5 start.

Miller, who has a 2.15 ERA over the past two seasons, was demoted to the bullpen in July after posting a 4.13 ERA in 10 appearances. He hasn't made any appearances since.

Allen has posted a 5.15 ERA in seven appearances since he was brought to Cleveland. He has been used only one time, allowing three runs over 2 2/3 innings.

"There are no easy answers," Indians manager Terry Francona said. "I've always been the kind of person who doesn't like to be asked if something was easy or hard," he told NPR's Rachel Martin in the documentary "My Brother, My Brother, My Brother: The Hidden Tribe of Mormons." "It's the question that bothers me. You don't want to be asked if it was easy or hard. So I always go, 'It was hard. There's nothing you can do to make it easy.' And then you've got to look at what's important. We had to look at our homes and our families and figure out what we could do to make our lives meaningful."

On that same podcast, Christensen shared a story about a young man he knew.

"I met a guy a few years ago," he said. "He was one of the best-looking guys I'd ever seen. He was tall. He was blond. He was athletic. He was so good-looking. It was really hard for me to make a decision. When the first couple of girls were chosen, I told myself that this was what I wanted to do. And then I had a little more than I thought I would need."

Spencer says that, in retrospect, he knew he'd made the right choice. "If you don't have a passion, and you don't have something to say, you're not going to accomplish anything."

In 2003, Spencer began his career as a writer and editor for the magazine The Daily Stormer, which is published by white nationalist Andrew Anglin and has attracted the support of prominent figures in the white nationalist movement, including Richard Spencer.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:15 am

Took a couple of sentences from one of my short stories and let it do its thing. Turned into ed fanfic.
The Largo Brothers, you see, had read too many dime novels of the exploits of the James gang and had developed a taste for robbing trains. They had a knack for it too, because when they were arrested on July 31, 1916, they didn't really have any money with them, but they had an enormous arsenal of arms. A big one of which was a .38 Colt, and some .45-caliber pistols and revolvers. And so when they were arrested in August 1916, they were carrying around the greatest arsenal in history, and as it turns out it's probably the largest arsenal ever found in a single criminal.
The FBI, the police, and the army all had to deal with it. In one day, they found a full arsenal of rifles, shotguns, pistols, pistols, shotguns, and revolvers, in addition to rifles, machine guns, revolvers, and two dynamite bombs.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:20 am

Watching Big Trouble in Little China so.....

Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.

—’Jack Burton, on a day when Jack Burton has his way with the whole Earth.

I'm going to be doing another one of these. I'm going to get my own character, and my own plot, and I'm going to make it my own. I'm going to have my own ending. I'm not going to give it to somebody else. I am going to be my own author.

It might even get to the point where, like a lot of authors, I won't even get my way.

Alfred Hitchcock, 1955: I've always said that if I'd had a chance to invent my own ending to Psycho, I would have ended it like this.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:25 am

You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this? He always says 'be happy' and 'I'm sorry,' and I'm not sure if he means that he's sorry that he's dying, or if he means that he's sorry that he's in pain."
Sounds like an actual quote from the movie.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 pm

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

My brother and I were about 13 or 14. He started taking pot and meth. We started partying and smoking. We ended up in the hospital on drugs and alcohol for about a month.

We used to go to the desert for a week and smoke a few joints. He was the boss. He was taking my money.

It was really scary. I would never have let him use that much. We were young and dumb and stupid and did a lot of stupid shit.

I'm still not proud of it. I can't see how my brother could have been like that.

His name is Ryan. He died in his mid-20s.

It started a lot of hard feelings.

For me, it was like the whole world was
So long, suckers!

-Gabe out
It took a long time for it to complete that second one, even though all it added was "-Gabe out".
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

robinson
Title: Hmmm ...

Post by robinson » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:42 pm

I logged in to the skeptical community, only to find that they were having the same problem: they had tried a range of different antivirus solutions, but none of them worked. Finally, they came across a program called Windows Defender.

Windows Defender's main feature is a feature called Windows Defender Antivirus. It has some nifty features like the "clean system" feature, but it also comes with an advanced anti-malware engine. It's important to note that Windows Defender has a very large and loyal user base.

Windows Defender doesn't have any anti-virus software running in the background

When a user starts Windows Defender, it starts the antivirus engine. When the engine finishes running and the process shuts down, Windows Defender starts the antimalware engine. That's how Windows Defender is able to clean malware from the PC and scan it for threats.

If you use Windows Defender, you don't have to run a separate antimalware scanner like Avast or AVG
You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

robinson

Post by robinson » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:42 pm

I only put in "I logged in to the skeptical community"
You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:19 pm

I became a forum administrator in 2005. In the late 1990s I ran a small business in the small town of Fayetteville, North Carolina, selling insurance, and this was an area with a lot of unemployment and a lot of drug users. I went out to meet the customers, and I would often see drug users there in the parking lot or walking down the street, so I'd just talk to them. I noticed that some of them were addicts. One day, someone approached me and asked if I had a cigarette and wanted one. When I told him I didn't, he said, "But it's cold out here," and he took out his cigarette and lit it. That was the first time I ever saw an addict smoke a cigarette. It just kind of blew me away."

Sociopaths

"I don't like to say 'social psychopaths,' but in my view they're not really sociopaths, just bad people.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Looks like it has a tendency to produce contradictory statements.

Much like people. :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

robinson

Post by robinson » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:55 pm

So I was banned from the skeptical community for talking about Fukushima radiation, even though there's no evidence that it's any of your business.

It was the same for all the anti-vaccine quacks who said that the vaccines were unsafe. But the science showed that there was no link between autism and vaccines at all.

And the anti-vaxxers were in a similar boat: We were in a scientific debate and there was no good evidence that vaccines caused autism.

And then a year after this came out, this guy comes along: a study that proves that autism caused by the MMR vaccine was just made up, by somebody who had never given a single dose of MMR in his life.

But it's always a good time to go and be "wrong." If the scientific evidence doesn't support your position, you just go to the next thing. And if that doesn't work, you just go to the next thing.

That's what happens in science when someone is pushing things to the limits. If the results don't pan out, it's all over and there's nothing you can do about it. But we are all scientists so we are used to dealing with negative results. We all want the same thing: to find something that really does work.

What were the difficulties of getting these results in this case?

In our paper, we made an important contribution by showing that the idea of "interacting neutrinos" was possible in particle physics. The idea was a bit speculative and it was an interesting idea but the details of how it would work and what it would look like were a lot less certain. So the main thing that made our result a bit controversial was the idea that you can get the same result by observing neutrinos from an exploding star, which is exactly what we were doing, and what many other people had been doing for many years.

The neutrinos would be produced by a black hole. This is a hypothetical supermassive black hole that exists at the center of the Milky Way galaxy, as revealed by the gravitational lensing effect it has on light from distant galaxies.

Because the black hole would have had an unstable spin, its light would be warped to show off the tiny amounts of energy that have been transformed into neutrinos.

"The way we have predicted for neutrinos, it's as though this black hole were a supernova and we were watching it explode," said Kowalski.

The team of researchers published its findings in the journal Physical Review Letters.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:53 pm

There's always a Kowalski in those B-grade Army movies.

shemp

Post by shemp » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 pm

Chapter 4: Harry and the Fucking Nutter

If these walls could talk, they'd probably be telling everyone how much they love it when you give them an "S" on a paper."

But the walls were just telling him not to say that and not to act on his feelings, which were, for the most part, well-received, even if he could see how much they worried him. He had always liked Harry and it was hard to think of any of them as more perfect than each other.

"You're still working on your magic homework, aren't you?" Ginny asked, looking up from her book. "You haven't been to the library yet?"

"I'm waiting for Mum to come to pick me up and bring me to Hogsmeade to go shopping, yeah." He said with a grin.

"Good." Ginny laughed.

He sat up a bit straighter and looked at her. "I'm just thinking… you should ask Ginny if she has any ideas. I'm not sure if I'd even want to be her friend anymore… she's a fucking nutter."

"Maybe I'm wrong."

"Maybe you're right."

"That was some of the most stupid shit I've heard you say in a long time."

"You didn't even think I would listen to that."

"You do care," Ron said. "You said you do."

"Do I want to know what you've been doing?" she asked.

"No," he said.

"Do you want to know what I've been doing?" she asked.

"No."

"Are you sure? It's not like you're going to run out and tell anyone…"

"No."

"I know it's stupid, Ron, but… you're not going to get anything out of me."

The blonde was quiet for a moment and, despite himself, he found himself thinking about something.

"I can give you that." He said, almost casually.

Hermione's face fell at that, and she sat in the seat next to Harry, watching with narrowed eyes as he went back to his book.

"Why?" she whispered, her voice growing quieter and quieter.

"Because I don't have a problem with you being naked, Hermione." He replied, his eyes still fixed on the page.

She bit her lip, but said nothing.

"And that's all I'm going to say." He said, and it was then that she realized what he'd meant.

"But I don't know how." She said: 'My son is a very good lad, who I was proud to have on my bike.

'He loves the sport, he is just one of those kids who enjoys the bike and the excitement of being a professional cyclist.

'I just wish I had not lost him, it would have been a happier life for us all.

'We were driving home when I saw the police car. The policeman stopped and spoke to us. I was just so angry.

'It has completely changed our lives. It could have been so different. He was only 16 and in cycling training.'

Mrs Withers added: 'I have spoken to the police to say it could have been avoided. I don't want my son to get killed in the same way, but it was the only way he could have got home and the police should do everything they can.'

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want