An easy shortcut for wannabe writers.

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
shemp
Title: crazy as fuck

Re: An easy shortcut for wannabe writers.

Post by shemp » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:58 am

Chapter 5: Moby's Dick

"Call me Ishmael. I'm a former US Marine, I was a Ranger and Army Ranger and I went through some hell. I was in some really, really intense situations," she said.

"My dad died on my 15th birthday, so, yeah, I've been through some tough stuff."

But while she knows that some of her critics will be sceptical, she said she believes her life experience has prepared her for the job.

"I know people have doubts about me, and I've been through so much," she said.

"But I am the person that's going to be running this country so it's my job to do it the right way.

"I've been there, done that. You know, I've done it in the military, I've done it running this business. I know how to manage and I know how to manage the world so I'm really, really qualified to do this job." In many ways, I was prepared for this, but it still made me feel anxious. I did not have any friends that I could talk to in this situation, so I spent most of my time by myself, looking up on-line, trying to come up with a plan. I began to see it as a game. I felt like I had to win.

After a week or so, I was able to reach out to an older, more experienced and professional man, who took the case. After spending a week with him, I saw that the case was extremely complicated and had to be handled correctly. The way the judge had to think was incredibly precise. He would look at my case, then ask me a series of questions, which was not the case in the first few meetings. I could tell that he was just getting to know me and that he was trying to give me the best possible advice.

When he was done, he would often go to the bathroom, and, before he went, he would take off his pants and underwear, pull down his pants and take them off again, and then would change back to his underwear. He also did this when he went to the bathroom. He was never in his underwear or his pants when he went to the bathroom.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Fid

Post by Fid » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:07 am

Yeah well did you wear a whale dick skin as a raincoat buster? "Bible pages,bible pages".. Goddam spinster English teachers took all the hairy balls fun out of Moby Dick.
"Try SCE to AUX."
Yeah, me and an electrified atmosphere ain't friends.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:52 am

Methinks it is the worst thing ever written.

And I have read Deuteronomy.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

robinson
Title: Hmmm ...

Post by robinson » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:59 am

Yeah well did you wear a whale dick skin as a raincoat buster?

The whale cock is not a jacket, it's not a coat. You've got to wear a proper coat.

What? Do you have any shirts with whale dick on them?

No, I have never worn one of those shirts. I have never had a whale dick on. I don't want to.

You don't?

No, I'm just not interested. It's just not for me.

Did you ever wear a coat with a whale dick on it?

No.

It's just that you're not a fashion person?

No, no. I don't have a style. You see I'm the antithesis of what you would expect from a fashion person. I never thought I would be a fashion designer. I would never ever have thought that I would be in a position to design clothes. I never thought about that. When I started to design clothes
You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

robinson

Post by robinson » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:02 am

I used to suck cock for a living, down at the port. I was in school at the time, and I thought I was going to be working for a large port company. The port was owned by a wealthy couple, who had a big fleet of yachts in the harbor. My job was to be the deckhands. They were like crew on a ship, so when a big ship came in, we had to do a job. When we were on the ship, the captain and the owners came in, and it was all business. I was on the deck and a young couple asked me if I could give them a hand. I said, "Hell yeah, that's fine." I pulled up my pants and sucked the guy's cock. When I finished, I asked him if he wanted a blow job. He said no. He pulled his dick out of my mouth and said, "You know what, you might have a problem."
You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:15 am

That autobiographical?
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!
I care :rub:

robinson

Post by robinson » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:42 pm

Are you a complete moron? Or just partly stupid?

Sarcasm is the art of being a dick about something.

This guy was a total joke. Even the guy who posted this is like "oh no" but he wasn't going for sarcasm. Just a total dick.

Also if you're going to make a post, make a point of adding in your character's name, or the name of your group, or the name of a game you are playing. You're gonna have to go through some serious work if you wanna keep a clean image.

robinson

Post by robinson » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Goddamn I love a good neural network.

(And a good plot, and a good plot. There's lots of things I want in a plot. But there's a lot of things that I want in a plot that aren't plots. A plot that's plot points without plot points. A plot that only has plot points.) And this is why I love this movie: Because of what it can do with plot. Because of its ability to make the most simple of stories -- even the most basic of stories -- into something complex and interesting and thrilling.

And that's why I love this movie. Because it's a movie that tells a simple story, yet, through the process of telling that story, tells a lot about its audience. It's a movie that gives the audience a very simple idea -- a concept that's all-encompassing and complex --but still allows them to relate to that concept by emphasizing the "soul" that is missing from the game.

The player must be careful to keep in mind what their purpose is.

This is just the first in a series of posts I plan to write on how to incorporate a roleplaying experience into your tabletop gaming. My aim is to provide useful guidelines that you can use to guide your game while encouraging the development of a rich and interesting narrative. I'll provide examples in each of my posts of how I use the concepts I discuss.

robinson

Post by robinson » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:48 pm

It's only after reading for a while that it becomes clear a neural network comes across as an insane person.

"I had a friend who was a computer scientist," the scientist said, "who told me about these guys in Germany called DeepMind, who'd invented a new type of neural network, the deep neural network, or DNN. And he said, 'Oh, these guys are really crazy guys.' And I said, 'Well, I think they're right.' And he goes, 'But I want to meet them. I want to see what they're up to.' And I said, 'If I had to choose, I would never meet them, but I would make sure they never know about it.' I think that would be kind of stupid, but I don't know. They're definitely way smarter than me."

shemp

Post by shemp » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:40 am

Chapter 6: A Touch of Shakespeare

Thou leathern-jerkin, crystal-button, knot-pated, agatering, puke-stocking, caddis-garter, smooth-tongue, Spanish pouch!

William Dalrymple, "Mr E.," describes Martin Luther King, Jr. as "an impressive, mass-speaking Negro, doing better in school than I ever did." Benjamin Franklin was known for saying that "the devil got their tongues, and they bluffed their brains, so they'd like to make a great show of saying what they don't mean."

Andrew Porterfield, 'a massive man, weighing in at 250 pounds. Frank wasn't even a shoe-shine boy. We're told that the lunatic left him open to getting hit by a bus or hanged, but we don't find out if he actually meant to get hit by a bus.

Other stuff that gets in the way

When it's as easy as this: "I hate I have to stretch my ez mail to 2 pages and not use this final link.

I hate how only advanced things can make me feel better

It might seem simple, but trust me, it's far more complex than it looks like.

I just want to help people, but my psyche just does this

Every time I have to explain something on an elite level with a negative consequence, I get a headache

Everything I write will somehow help me understand that, if I'm so skilled, I can do this.

Cookie cutter coaching: because the community doesn't need more of that.

You'll make it out of your first group. You'll make it through your second group. Your third group.

"Peet's. John said it's the best in the city, but I didn't think it was going to make it to my small town. Plus the fries are huge."

"Perfect. I'm not ordering any milkshakes. They're too much in depth for a bar full of geeky old gals like us."

You move to grab your drinks, but John waves you away.

"Wait! Don't take anything off your tab. We can order again and get a second round for free. Besides, this place is very different. There's no standard crowds, just like here. Something strange is happening here. You're different. Don't be scared. That's just what you are."

In a rare moment of honesty, John's brought you to tears. After your water breaks a second time, you wipe your tears away.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

shemp

Post by shemp » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:11 pm

Chapter 7: Ted Nugent and love

My love is like a tire iron. The fewer my ups, the more sores I get. The less time we spend together, the more things break. The more time we spend together, the more her name becomes synonymous with the break-ups."

Our hearts make it easy to hate. To fear. To be guarded. When our fear gets entangled with anger, regret, and sadness, our happiness suffers. When anger is coupled with our inner thoughts of abandonment, our lives become tragic, and even our bodies begin to deteriorate.

"A person can hate me any way he wants but I can't be hated. I'm not an idiot, I know what I do isn't pretty, but we both have work to do on ourselves and we're both doing our part. We both have everything in front of us."

"What's the problem?"

"I still love you and I know that you love me too. We can't keep our marriage a secret."

"Well, we didn't do much to hide it from anyone… We just didn't bother telling anyone, but that's how much these people enjoy being normal. They just go about their day to day lives. Like being normal, normal like how they used to be."

Chadd McCoy, the associate director of the Drug Abuse Information Center, says drug users have come to expect the stigma that comes with their addiction, and that shows in our treatment system.

"What a majority of drug users want is to go back to their lives. They're very unhappy. They want the freedom they once had, when they could just have a drink, a few beers, and go home with the girl they wanted," Nguyen said. "The police want to step in and shut them down, because they will take away their freedom."

As the truce became firm, it attracted more members. Others began a similar protest last week in Flushing. In March, more than 2,000 marched in another disturbance in Manhattan.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

shemp

Post by shemp » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:08 pm

Chapter 8: Trump the Cat

"I want to be a paperback writer," he was saying. "I want to write mysteries." Like a dog that throws a ball in the yard and then runs off, his enthusiasm deflates like a bottle of shampoo under a tap.

A few months later, our day trip to Washington. Rupa and I had rented a car that had no backseat and, because I had driven my old Nissan Pathfinder with myself in it only a week earlier, was a bit beat up. And I needed a serious back-up, so my first name was on the rental agreement. What a trick. It's for a second. He makes himself laugh.

He's a clinical psychologist specializing in depression, grief, and grief management. And he was also in jail.

Came from a dysfunctional family. But no big deal. His mom was as bad as his dad. And his stepdad was more or less an alcoholic.

His sister got arrested, and went to jail too. And his mom got arrested a couple times. She wasn't a bad person. But there's this thing where Trump is almost a little bit paranoid that he's being spied on. It's something that's right out of the John le Carré novel, where the agent says to the political leader, 'Don't worry, they know about you, but you won't like the pictures they take of you.' It's the gossipy king of town who has secrets. "

Trump does not appear to have a detailed strategy, or a particular dark art that he employs to torture his political foes. He's a little bit like the Chameleon of 2016, made in the image of the star when he comes out for the kick in a sprint finish, a left-hander with a very prominent stride and a propensity for changing direction well.

There's a full head of hair for a man known as the "cat", which makes his long limbs look dramatically shorter.

And he is so comfortable with the moving part of his body, that he often delivers a shock of blue light to those who hit his limbs first.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

robinson

Post by robinson » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:54 pm

Trump does not appear to have a detailed strategy, or a particular dark art that he employs to torture his political foes. Instead, his operation is a spectacularly blunt instrument, surprising only because of the lack of a solid strategy. He follows the "no spinning" rule that conservatives adore: all one needs to do is say what's on his mind, a recipe for strategic inconsistency and unpredictability.

"We can destroy a administration for 90 days. We can cripple a presidency for the next four years," Bannon told the Hollywood Reporter. "It's not even 90 days

shemp

Post by shemp » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:23 am

Chapter 9: That's when I reach for my revolver.

I see the bags of opium on the floor and I take the gun and take one of the bags off to make some sort of a sutural tie on the floor to attach the pills to and make sure that they all stick together. I put one arm through the area and the other through the bag of pills. I open the bag and drop one of the pills down in the way of a trap door. I'm still there, doing my dirty work, because as long as I'm there, I'm trying to work. I kind of figure I can take care of myself.

No one can ever take this away from me.

Nirva was beautiful, in its own way. Beautiful because it felt like a stage of a long dream with its smooth silvery skin and deadly curves. Beautiful because it was entirely silent, with no organ sound—a perfect world, a world where only the passion and the being could be heard. I thought of the life I could have here, but I knew that no amount of power could make me live forever.

As the steel monstrosity sits in my grip, my last thoughts are of stone. A rolling stone that isn't walking, that isn't walking at all. It sits there, enjoying the glow of my flashlight, the sound of my newfangled pistol. This image is engraved in my mind. To have found the creature for myself, a few days before. A memory that forever ties me to this place, the thing that caused this forlorn hope.

Two bullets fly through the air, the first missing its target and whistling past me. I reach out, catching one, but it flies off the head of a fallen bear. The others throw themselves into the smoke and the fire, their weapons falling to the ground, still on target.

"Beelzebub," I shout, killing one before it hits him, but he's too fast and pulls the trigger, crashing into the crouched hunter.

The hunter screams in pain, scrambling backwards. But not too soon. I don't want to end up in a dead spot.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:22 am

It was a hot night in the city of angels when a leggy blond walked into my office. She had 13, maybe 14 legs. Way too many.

I'd been talking with the young lady for quite a while and we hit it off. She was in awe of the octopus legs in our office, always asking how I knew that one woman's legs had a little octopus at the end of them.

She knew nothing about sexual anatomy and frankly couldn't care less. But if I cared to learn more about the actual anatomy of her own body,
The Luggage said nothing, but louder this time.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:28 am

There's a girl who's been on my mind. All the time. Sususudio. A librarian who started a little collection of parlour papyrus and just kept going. I don't know how much time she's spent out there. She's just come back. And it was definitely me.

"I'm okay. I just haven't been sure about my old desk."

I shook my head. "If it helps, I might be getting kind of old. And I have an itch somewhere on my face. And a bit of fur
The Luggage said nothing, but louder this time.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:58 pm

Can we get rid of the white space? Thanks for mentioning that.

The first one had less than 1mm wide white space, and it was my first ever charmer. I went with the second one for 2 reasons:

1. It had no white space at all, so there was no need to center the beginning or end of the image.

2. It was the only one that had things in it that looked like, well, those damned clouds on Pandora. And I don't want those, so I had to go with that one.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

robinson

Post by robinson » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:40 pm

shemp wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:23 am
"Beelzebub," I shout, killing one before it hits him, but he's too fast and pulls the trigger, crashing into the crouched hunter.
That's pretty good

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:42 pm

Oooh! Oooh! Guess what's destroying the planet NOW! Noooo-ooo-ooooooooooooo! Oooh! It's a magic car! Yes. Anyway, let's just forget about that little thing. You know, I don't need to know anything about magic to recognize it. It makes me nervous just looking at those statues. That looks like a haunted tomb. Doesn't it? Hey, you, there! Quick, help me! Shhhhhh! That stone is slowly dissolving, under the intense magical force of the magical humanoids that we've created.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:14 pm

I waded slowly into the softly lapping shores of Lake Ed. I felt destitute, forgotten. That's why I migrated here.

I was an exile from God's chosen people. Life's too short for meaningless pride. It's time to be free. Before it's too late, I'll make them happy.