Café with an Insane Person

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
ed
Title: G_D

Re: Café with an Insane Person

Post by ed »

Early in my gunshow career, such as it was, I was standing behind my table when this couple walked up. Guy was in his 60's, woman a lot younger. I assumed at the time she was his daughter. Early 30's maybe.

Don't recall what we talked about, I just remember that the guy said something in the wacky conspiracy theory vein. I must have said something vaguely disagreeing and I recall looking at the woman for support. She doubled down on the crazy with a smile. Whole thing lasted seconds but the good natured, true-believer-that-will-brook-no-disagreement crazy struck me.

It just occurred to me that this sort of crazy has entered the political arena big time. There have always been true believers but I note that now the choir responding to a Times article, for example, seems to assume, en mass, that Trump is in the pay of Putin. People will make the statement as an aside and not one person will put up their hand and demur.
About that stereo

shuize

Post by shuize »

ed wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:23 pm
It just occurred to me that this sort of crazy has entered the political arena big time. There have always been true believers but I note that now the choir responding to a Times article, for example, seems to assume, en mass, that Trump is in the pay of Putin. People will make the statement as an aside and not one person will put up their hand and demur.

I noticed this sort of thing among foreigners in Japan years ago.

It got to the point that I couldn't go out to dinner with a foreign crowd or have a beer in peace without being expected to declare one's undying hatred for President Bush.
"Don't trust China. China is asshoe."

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Yeah, we forget the vitriol directed at Bush. That might have ben the start of this neo-quasi-religious-politico-pureism.

There were art exhibition with him depicted as a chimp. Or at least one "work". Because he "stole" the election from Gore. Who is a piece of shit.

Aside ... there was a guy at my ad agency employer who dealt with sales guys from the station side. They called him "Scoop" becasue you put your promotional crap on his dsk and he opened his desk drawer and "scooped" the stuff in.

I have heard from someone who did, that dealing with Gore's organization makes my guy a small timer. I suspect corruption is a byword. Wonder what his net worth is?
Google google

$300,000,000
https://www.celebritynetworth.com/riche ... net-worth/

It's good to serve the public.
About that stereo

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

He is sort of an example of what not to be as an archaeologist.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

robinson
Title: Sweetheart

Post by robinson »

ed wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:22 pm
Because he "stole" the election from Gore. Who is a piece of shit.
Some times it's hard to know who to hate
oh really?