Success! Success! Excelsior!

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Success! Success! Excelsior!

Post by Pyrrho »

The surprisingly low-quality switch that is connected to the hood latch sensor in my car has been failing intermittently. Today it was causing the car to go into alarm mode, honking the horn repeatedly. So I have MacGuyvered it by unplugging the pigtail connector from the switch and shorting the connectors with a paperclip and duct tape. Should hold until I get get the switch replaced at the shop next week.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Re: Success! Success! Excelsior!

Post by shemp »

Save yourself a few bucks. There's nothing wrong with your car that a firmly-applied sledgehammer can't fix.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"what dicking deep shit i produce" -- pillory

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Reads the manual...

"Sledgehammer should be applied with a minimum of 12 foot-lbs of force directly to the nut that holds the steering wheel."
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Pyrrho wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:55 am
The surprisingly low-quality switch that is connected to the hood latch sensor in my car has been failing intermittently. Today it was causing the car to go into alarm mode, honking the horn repeatedly. So I have MacGuyvered it by unplugging the pigtail connector from the switch and shorting the connectors with a paperclip and duct tape. Should hold until I get get the switch replaced at the shop next week.
Save yourself some money^2

Leave it jury-rigged, don't get it fixed. We got by just fine for 100+ years without a hood latch sensor.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Nah, security first!

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

I've improved the kludge by replacing the paperclip with a very thin bit of wire, allowing me to reattach the connector. Job done.