I feel like a piece of shit

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Witness

Re: I feel like a piece of shit

Post by Witness »

sparks wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:13 am
Except for the fact that she was still breathing, I really couldn't know if she were dead or alive.
Just overwhelmed by your stellar performance. :figamagee:

P. – S. Excellent first sentence, now complete the book.

Nyarlathotep
Title: God Emperor

Post by Nyarlathotep »

robinson wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:21 pm
Whatever happened to "shut the hell up!' as a clue?
Right now my Sis is in the sort of state that I don’t want to be mean to her
“Power bases are very dangerous because they attract people who are truly insane, people who seek power only for the sake of power.”

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Witness wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:18 am
sparks wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:13 am
Except for the fact that she was still breathing, I really couldn't know if she were dead or alive.
Just overwhelmed by your stellar performance. :figamagee:

P. – S. Excellent first sentence, now complete the book.
If that had been true, she wouldn't have told me to get lost after those first few sport-boinks. :) Good thing too. I never really fancied living in/near Boston.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

robinson
Title: Hmmm ...

Post by robinson »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:02 am
robinson wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:21 pm
Whatever happened to "shut the hell up!' as a clue?
Right now my Sis is in the sort of state that I don’t want to be mean to her
I should have quoted for context. That was a response after reading the article mentioned.
Anaxagoras wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:11 am
I don't know if you can find anything useful in here, but it's the best I can do:

5 Steps for Dealing With People Who Talk Too Much (Psychology Today)
It was not advice for the issue with your sister
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

gnome

Post by gnome »

Late to the party, but no need to feel guilty that you don't enjoy living with your sister, for whatever reason. Neither family love nor family obligation nor even compassion as if to a stranger requires that you must enjoy doing whatever it is you've decided is the right thing. At least in my mind it's enough that you sincerely want to help and were willing to open your home.

You may decide that you need to put on a pleasant attitude to keep from piling on to her at a bad time, but that's a long way from needing to police your own actual feelings.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Nyarlathotep
Title: God Emperor

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Yeah.

She has a place of her own now, and I have my quiet and solitude back. I am still being Uber for her getting to various appointments and such. But that’s less onerous. I can take having my ear talked off for a short period during a drive far better than all the time when I am home
Last edited by Nyarlathotep on Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Power bases are very dangerous because they attract people who are truly insane, people who seek power only for the sake of power.”

Captain
Title: Captain

Post by Captain »

You done good. Boss Kean, issue this man a cold drink.
You run one time, you got yourself a set of chains. You run twice you got yourself two sets. You ain't gonna need no third set, 'cause you gonna get your mind right.

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

asthmatic camel wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:04 pm
and find the concept of loneliness difficult to comprehend.
Right on, brother.

I would invite you to my private, secluded, non-existent fantasy island but, well, you know....
Such potential!

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

Bruce wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:13 am
asthmatic camel wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:04 pm
and find the concept of loneliness difficult to comprehend.
Right on, brother.

I would invite you to my private, secluded, non-existent fantasy island but, well, you know....
Oh, I'd be the perfect guest. I'd only emerge from my secluded cave between midnight and dawn, just like I do right now.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.