Meghan and Harry thread

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Meghan and Harry thread

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Because they really don't belong in the UK thread any more, and I expect years of mockery-worthy stories ahead.

First some good news (from a US taxpayers' perspective).

The US will NOT pay for Harry and Meghan's security in LA and they 'must pay!', says Donald Trump... but the royal couple insist they don't need his help and weren't going to ask
Daily Fail
  • In a tweet on Sunday, the president said the US will not pay for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's security protection
  • A spokesperson for the royal couple replied that they had no intention of asking
  • And that they had arranged their own 'privately funded security'
  • The couple and 10-month-old Archie made a last minute dash across the border from Canada to the US last week to start their new life in Los Angeles
  • Trump has final say over whether Meghan and Harry can have diplomatic protection in the US
  • That's because Harry will no longer be classed as an 'international protected person' when he completes the final phase of Megxit next week

The British Metropolitan Police is still responsible for their security and it is understood Scotland Yard will still provide their own protection officers in the US.

However, it is not known what the 'private' security arrangements Meghan and Harry claim to have made are.

Their decision to move to California came shortly after the Canadian authorities said they would refuse to contribute to the cost of protecting them with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police after March 31.

There's more at the link about why they and Trump don't like each other, but that's just celebrity gossip.

They previously said they were waiting until Trump left office before moving to LA from Canada, but apparently Meghan loves the good old USA anyway.

She's still a US citizen, right? That means a green card for Harry should be a snap.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Re: Meghan and Harry thread

Post by Hotarubi »

Synopsis of UK media:

Bastard son of ginger polo player and glorious Saint Di marries....a. a...ni..uh African American .who isnt Diana and get relentlessly abused by all sections of the media. And wants to leave?

Good. The nig...fuck...African American.bitch. Come over here, steal our Dukes and charity patronages. Fuck off back to nigg...uh..America.

We're not paying for it btw you hold digging nigge...uh.. African American opportunist. Get a job in a sitcom.

(Source: The Independent.)
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Forget the serious stuff for a minute and let's dish some celebrity gossip. 8)

Prince Harry and Meghan are humiliated after failing to register website for their Archewell charitable foundation - which is snapped up by cyber-squatters who direct visitors to Kanye West's Gold Digger!
Daily Fail
  • Fans who type in www. archewellfoundation .com will be redirected to YouTube
  • Automatically plays music video to Kanye West's Gold Digger feat. Jamie Foxx
  • Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced they are launching Archewell this week
  • But they failed to register a website and the domain name was snapped up
Meghan and Harry have been mocked online after failing to register a website for their new Archewell charitable foundation which has instead been snapped up by cyber-squatters.

Fans who type in www. archewellfoundation .com are unwittingly diverted to a YouTube video of Kanye West's 2005 Gold Digger hit featuring Jamie Foxx.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced they are launching a new charitable foundation named Archewell earlier this week but apparently failed to register the likely domain name.

A number of eagle-eyed social media users spotted the embarrassing blunder, with one writing on Twitter: 'Uh oh. As of 7 April, if you enter in archewellfoundation.com in your browser, it actually links to Kanye West's - Gold Digger video on YouTube.'

http://archewellfoundation.com/ <== Just tried it and got an ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED message.

I'm guessing negotiations are now underway. 8)
... The couple were made to change their Sussex Royal brand after the Queen and senior officials were said to have ordered them to drop the use of the word 'royal' ...
Of course there's nothing to stop some enterprising American from registering the Sussex Royal brand. All manner of American trademarks are "royal" or even "imperial".

They could even find an actor who looks like Harry to do the commercials for whatever it is. :lmao:

Witness

Post by Witness »

↑ Isn't that a rookie blunder? They should have hired Pyrrho! :P

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:53 pm

Of course there's nothing to stop some enterprising American from registering the Sussex Royal brand.

Pretty sure it's already registered. They're just not allowed to use it.

(checks)

The actual name "Sussex Royal" has been withdrawn so NO ONE can use it in the UK. Some wag has tried to register it under the EU :mrgreen: . Not sure about you yanks. Y'all get a hard on for getting ripped off and calling yourself Lairds or whatever or buying non-existent titles and mincing about as if means anything. So whatever blows your skirt up.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

This isn't about silly Americans who buy silly titles, of whom there are relatively few.

Companies named "Royal" something are so common in the USA it's easy to google for them at random.

Royal Bakery (Arvada, Colorado)
Royal Dry Cleaners (Framingham, Massachusetts)
Royal Plumbing Supply (Houston, Texas)

Furthermore any title of any legit British Duke (royal or otherwise) is almost certainly the name of at least one town in the USA.

Sussex County, Delaware
Sussex, New Jersey
Sussex County, New Jersey
Sussex County, Virginia
Sussex, Wisconsin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sussex_(disambiguation)

:lmao:

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

That depends though doesnt it? If your surname is Royal you can use it as a trademark. But I find the use of "Royal dry cleaners" to be a mark of vacuous pretentiousness to be honest. Much like American "Champagne" or....just anything that calls itself cheese over there really.

I wouldn't use Royal Plumbing on general principle

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Daily Fail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... arkle.html

Prince Harry has dropped his royal surname after leaving Britain for California with wife Meghan Markle.

The Duke of Sussex, 35, is listed as Prince Henry Charles Albert David, Duke of Sussex in documents registering new eco-friendly tourism firm Travalyst, which will feature a grading system for users to track their carbon emissions.

Move along. Nothing to see here

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Wait'll he's been in California for a while.

Hank Battenberg, that hot rich guy who Meghan married.

He's not Jewish, but it California any name with "berg" on the end will at least keep them guessing. :)

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Are their fifteen minutes up yet?

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Doctor X wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:39 pm
Are their fifteen minutes up yet?

– J.D.
Being Royal they get 30.

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Wonder when we'll see them on Hollywood Boulevard with a sign "Take a picture with a real Royal"
About that stereo

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

If all else fails there's the reality tv show.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Naah. Harry will not be on screen talent, but he'll be involved with the business side of pimping promoting his wife.

It'll get to the point where new people coming up won't know what he was, and the inevitable day when someone calls him Hank "Battenstein" by mistake and never works in that town again. :BigGrin3:

ed

Post by ed »

Or he changes his name to Batterstein to better "fit in"
About that stereo

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

ed wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:23 pm
Or he changes his name to Batterstein to better "fit in"
Image "Battenberg" already does the trick, Bubbee.

ed

Post by ed »

Blattberg.
About that stereo

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Daily Fail dishes more hot show biz gossip.

Meghan Markle says she 'understands' elephants after spending time with them in the wild in never-before-seen interview to promote Disney nature documentary two weeks after its release
  • Markle recorded the interview last summer in anticipation of the documentary she narrated for Disney
  • It aired on Good Morning America on Monday for the first time
  • The documentary, Elephant, became available to stream on Disney+ on April 3
  • It is unclear why Disney has the promotional video now
  • On Sunday, Harry and Meghan announced to four newspaper groups they would no longer 'cooperate' with them
  • The couple has been slammed as attention-seeking for making the announcement amid the global COVID-19 pandemic
  • They have also been photographed delivering meals to people in L.A., their new home after quitting royal life
Meghan Markle gushed over elephants and how she 'understands them' in a never-before-seen interview that was taped last summer and aired on Good Morning America on Monday, a day after she and Prince Harry said they would no longer talk to four British newspapers.

In the interview, Meghan said she was 'grateful' to have been involved in the Disney+ documentary Elephant which she hopes will teach people how similar humans are to elephants and how 'connected' we are.

The film is her passion project and marks her return to showbiz after shunning royal life.

Emphasis added. Meghan at least understands that will maximize future dishy coverage. :lmao:

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

The Daily Fail does not disappoint. 8)

Prince Harry 'tells friends he misses the army' and 'cannot believe how his life has been turned upside down' after Megxit move to Los Angeles
  • Harry was stripped of his military roles when he and Meghan quit the royal family
  • He has now reportedly told friends he 'cannot believe' how his life has ended up
  • Prince quit Army in 2015 after two tours of Afghanistan during a ten-year career
  • Harry had to give up roles including Captain General of the Royal Marines and Honorary Air Commandant of RAF Honington
Prince Harry feels he would have been 'better protected' from the turmoil he has faced in recent months if he was still in the Army, sources have claimed.

The Duke of Sussex reportedly told friends he 'cannot believe' how his life has been 'turned upside down'.

He is said to miss the 'camaraderie' of life in the forces. Harry was stripped of his military appointments when he and Meghan stepped back as senior royals on March 31.

He had to give up roles including Captain General of the Royal Marines and Honorary Air Commandant of RAF Honington.

Harry – affectionately known as Captain Wales in the forces – retains the rank of major and insisted he would 'continue his unwavering support to the military community in a non-official capacity'.

The couple are now living in Los Angeles with their son, Archie, who will turn one on Wednesday.

Is she really looking duskier lately or is someone playing games with Photoshop? Or were they before and stopped?

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Come on Abdul, what do we know about the Daily Mail...?