Banned in New Zealand?

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
User avatar
The Atheist
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by The Atheist »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:18 pm
So it's just about feelings then? Not actual danger?
Correct.

We have this really goofy society where the enormous majority of people think respect for the victims and their families' feelings trumps the right of some insane Aussie cunt and his cohorts to promote his racist views.
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:18 pm
I understand your position, but it is evil and you are self righteous about it.
It's evil to respect victims' feelings but not evil to promulgate racist propaganda.

Good on you.
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:18 pm
But then you seem to be self righteous and smug about everything.
I can afford to be.
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:18 pm
Are you really that confident that your own ideas will never be considered offensive by those in power?
I know for certain some of my views are highly offensive to those in power. Just on euthanasia, the literature I promote is considered so evil the maximum penalty is 14 years in jail, but it doesn't stop me writing it or publishing it.
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:18 pm
They have already disarmed all of you in reaction to this crime, so what will you do?
I haven't been disarmed in any way. People with semi-automatic guns got disarmed, and I believe Canada's going to do the same.

You just keep being proud to be number 1 in gun crime in the OECD.

USA! USA! USA!
Rob Lister wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:42 pm
I take a different view: if the Kiwi's don't have a problem with that form of censorship, I certainly don't; I don't even feel bad for them. I think the UK is in the same situation.

I am curious how far this censorship's arm reaches, though. Could you, Atheist, publish information on it here without fear of prosecution?
Sure - I can discuss the crap, as long as I don't publish it, which is something I'd have no desire to do, because it's total shit.

If I thought it was something Kiwis needed to know, I'd have no problem breaking the law and publishing it, but it's not worth anything, except in the minds of alt-right morons who screech "free speech" while not even recognising that USA does not have complete free speech.
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:32 pm
Up to a point I degree, but if he comes to us to talk about it ...
Holy shit, that is hilarious. Way to PWN yourself, mate.

You started the thread, not me.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 82854
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

The Atheist wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:24 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:18 pm
So it's just about feelings then? Not actual danger?
Correct.

...
Really says it all.


...

Holy shit, that is hilarious. Way to PWN yourself, mate.

You started the thread, not me.
I meant in general not this thread. Can't compartmentalize.

And of course I was calling you out by posting it. Because I already know you hate freedom and wanted you to lay it out instead of hint around.
And you did. You totally fail at reading comprehension. Or pretend for effect? Not possible. Too consistent for too long.

Image Too much of a nudnik for people to talk yo you in real life, Bubbee?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

User avatar
ed
Posts: 38150
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by ed »

Rob Lister wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:18 pm
Well, it appears you have a fuck to give. I think ed has many. It's a crime that some people have many fucks when I can't even muster one.
You want a few?
About that stereo

User avatar
ed
Posts: 38150
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by ed »

The Atheist wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:24 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:18 pm
So it's just about feelings then? Not actual danger?
Correct.

We have this really goofy society where the enormous majority of people think respect for the victims and their families' feelings trumps the right of some insane Aussie cunt and his cohorts to promote his racist views.
Except you have no idea what is being censored, do you?

You assume the views are racist which assumes facts not in evidence.

You do not know and have no way of knowing. You are no different from a Berliner relying on Dr. Goebbels for his updates on the latest enormities of the Jews.

Pathetic. And sad that you justify it so glibly.
About that stereo

User avatar
ed
Posts: 38150
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by ed »

Another point is that in the US virtually anything that one says that is out of line with the prevailing progressive orthodoxy is characterized as "racist". And that is the end game. Make transmission of ideas that are forbidden impossible and then define what is forbidden to meet your political needs. Totalitarianism 101. And all it requires for implementation is a string of useful idiots, one of which we see in action here.

“fastening the procedures of totalitarianism on the substance of democratic society.” That is what is happening.
About that stereo

User avatar
Hotarubi
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:12 am
Title: Enchantress
Location: This septic Isle.

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Hotarubi »

Rob Lister wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:42 pm
I take a different view: if the Kiwi's don't have a problem with that form of censorship, I certainly don't; I don't even feel bad for them. I think the UK is in the same situation.
I find it disappointing that any form of speech is censored. I understand *why* but do not advocate it.

Germany bans Swastikas. Dont agree, yet understand why.

USA bans Confederate flag. Dont agree, yet understand why.

I'd prefer people face their own fears and stereotypes. Hiding/deleting/censoring them just it makes it worse.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 72330
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Doctor X »

The USA does not ban the Confederate flags; a number of driveways no longer want it painted there.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 22427
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Rob Lister »

And still on full display on select Ford F150's everywhere.

https://www.google.com/search?q=confede ... dG-poLPauM:

User avatar
The Atheist
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by The Atheist »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:34 pm
Image Too much of a nudnik for people to talk yo you in real life, Bubbee?
Wow, that is spectacular!

Getting antisemitism into a discussion about New Zealand is just outfuckingstanding.

10/10
ed wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:17 am
Except you have no idea what is being censored, do you?
No, I know precisely what's being censored.
ed wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:17 am
You assume the views are racist which assumes facts not in evidence.
I love the stereotypically Fat, Ingorant American you play. It might even be true.

I don't assume Tarrants views are racist, I know for a fact they are. It's so obvious even Fat, Ignorant Americans know that, which is why Tarrant is such a hero to American white nationalists.
ed wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:17 am
You do not know and have no way of knowing. You are no different from a Berliner relying on Dr. Goebbels for his updates on the latest enormities of the Jews.
Yeee-haa!

The very rare Anti-Semite and Godwin in one page.

Fuck, you guys are so good at this online debate stuff.
ed wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:17 am
Pathetic. And sad that you justify it so glibly.
You know what's really hilarious? Americans talking about free speech as though they invented the concept and that it actually exists in USA.

And if you ever wonder why the entire world laughs at you and your president, don't be thinking it's jealousy. It isn't, it's that kind of awed laughter when a bully falls face first into a large, fresh cowshit.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

User avatar
ed
Posts: 38150
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by ed »

We have a bill of rights, end of story.
About that stereo

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 82854
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

The Atheist wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:12 am
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:34 pm
Image Too much of a nudnik for people to talk to you in real life, Bubbee?
Wow, that is spectacular!

Getting antisemitism into a discussion about New Zealand is just outfuckingstanding.

10/10

...
Another case of total reading comprehension failure.

The Jewish caricature is supposed to represent myself, Not an imputation of antisemitism to you.

And "nudnik" (look it up) is the perfect description of why you are so repellent.
No that's not an ideological flavor.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 82854
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

The Atheist wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:12 am

... You know what's really hilarious? Americans talking about free speech as though they invented the concept and that it actually exists in USA.
...
Invented by the English. But unfortunately rejected by (most) of them.
And if you ever wonder why the entire world laughs at you and your president,
You hated America and were against free speech before he was elected/

And bag thinking you're going to trigger me by dissing Trump. :lmao:

You really don't read what we write, only grab a few words here and there and fill the rest in with your prejudices.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 82854
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

The Atheist wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:12 am
... and that it actually exists in USA.
Imperfect implementation is better than flat out rejection.

You are an apologist for the biggest slave empire in the history of the world.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

User avatar
ed
Posts: 38150
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by ed »

Hotarubi wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:05 am


I find it disappointing that any form of speech is censored. I understand *why* but do not advocate it.

There is ALWAYS a why and the "why" will invariably be for some the good of a group or for the common welfare. Invariably it is a way to control thought.

The meta issue is not nazi crap, the meta issue, the underlying principle is that some power purports to have greater insight as to what is "good or maybe "not bad" than individuals. This, naturally, flies in the face of a long tradition of Western Humanism. The issue that should reek in the nostrils of every thinking person is the supposed superiority of the state when it comes to the value of ideas. That is really the issue here. Some are lazy or indifferent and are OK with that. Those people are not bright enough to see the implications.

Now, you might say "oh Ed, not the old slippery slope". To which I reply "sometimes the slope IS slippery" . Particularly when it involves the aggregation of power to itself by a ruling class.

We now have tech companies deciding when speech goes beyond the bounds defined by government. Here. In the USA. But this is weak gruel compared to the idiocy in NZ, an idiocy supported bay at least one person who at least is capable of depressing keys on a keyboard. And that is sad and frightening. Sadder still because that individual thinks it is about the blatherings of one nutjob. His political masters are chuckling.
About that stereo

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 82854
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

The Atheist wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:12 am
I don't assume Tarrants views are racist, I know for a fact they are. It's so obvious even Fat, Ignorant Americans know that, which is why Tarrant is such a hero to American white nationalists.
Slanderously claiming that not censoring Tarrant's manifesto means approving of it, or that he's my hero, or that I''m a "white nationalist" when those guys think I ought to be gassed.

You really really do not comprehend why freedom of speech is important. Or you really do, but you hate it.

Go back and read the part about Orwell in my previous post. You obviously didn't bother.
About the reading the manifesto of a much bigger killer than Tarrant.
Or was Orwell a Nazi too?

Or else you *could* comprehend it and blanked it out because it was too traumatic for your poor little feelings.

The USA has many faults, but what you hate us for is our virtues. Not that we think you are "jealous" (another reading comprehension failure) but that you feel threatened by it.

How could it be otherwise? Your ideal is a gang of slaveholders.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

User avatar
ed
Posts: 38150
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by ed »

The Atheist wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:12 am
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:34 pm
Image Too much of a nudnik for people to talk yo you in real life, Bubbee?
Wow, that is spectacular!

Getting antisemitism into a discussion about New Zealand is just outfuckingstanding.

10/10
ed wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:17 am
Except you have no idea what is being censored, do you?
No, I know precisely what's being censored.
ed wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:17 am
You assume the views are racist which assumes facts not in evidence.
I love the stereotypically Fat, Ingorant American you play. It might even be true.

I don't assume Tarrants views are racist, I know for a fact they are. It's so obvious even Fat, Ignorant Americans know that, which is why Tarrant is such a hero to American white nationalists.
ed wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:17 am
You do not know and have no way of knowing. You are no different from a Berliner relying on Dr. Goebbels for his updates on the latest enormities of the Jews.
Yeee-haa!

The very rare Anti-Semite and Godwin in one page.

Fuck, you guys are so good at this online debate stuff.
ed wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:17 am
Pathetic. And sad that you justify it so glibly.
You know what's really hilarious? Americans talking about free speech as though they invented the concept and that it actually exists in USA.

And if you ever wonder why the entire world laughs at you and your president, don't be thinking it's jealousy. It isn't, it's that kind of awed laughter when a bully falls face first into a large, fresh cowshit.
Wow. Pretty thin. Are you saying that there is no censorship? How do you know what is being said? You circunvented it? So who, then, is the censorship directed at? Your inferiors, the ones who might acually be taken in by the words?

Pretty funny. Elitism in all it's glory. And you don't see it.
About that stereo

User avatar
ed
Posts: 38150
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by ed »

The issue is, obviously, the nature and scope of censorship. A rule of thumb when it comes to discussion is that when a participant resorts to ad hominum attacks, they are bereft of cogent arguments and that they, in fact if not in deed, have ceded the point.

And that is where we are now.

The end.
About that stereo

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 82854
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

You say that now, but wait'll he comes back. :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

User avatar
Hotarubi
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:12 am
Title: Enchantress
Location: This septic Isle.

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Hotarubi »

ed wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:43 am
Another point is that in the US virtually anything that one says that is out of line with the prevailing progressive orthodoxy is characterized as "racist".
Virtually anything?
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

User avatar
Hotarubi
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:12 am
Title: Enchantress
Location: This septic Isle.

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Hotarubi »

Doctor X wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:09 am
The USA does not ban the Confederate flags; a number of driveways no longer want it painted there.

– J.D.
I was just referring to an earlier story, flippantly I admit.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2: