Banned in New Zealand?

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Re: Banned in New Zealand?

Post by Hotarubi »

ed wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:37 pm
Hotarubi wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:14 pm
ed wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:37 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:20 pm
Hotarubi wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:27 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:34 pm
Invented by the English. But unfortunately rejected by (most) of them.
Have you spoken to all of them?
Beg pardon. Amended version: Most of those in power.
May I interject? Yes, I spoke to all of them. It is as Abdul says.

They also say that they do not need you to "protect them". They find it offensive and they assure me that if you keep it up they will acquaint you with some of their quaint, diverse, pastimes. Like sub-incision.
:?
The Maoris intimated that they don't appreciate you insinuating yourself in their affairs.
Yes, all of them. And while Maoris are not as bulky as Samoans (USA territory so necessarily better, bigger, etc) they are formidable when angered.

Word to the wise.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Have a care my friend, have a care.
About that stereo

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

What's with the sudden drop off in coherence, ed?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

ed wrote:
The Maoris...
The plural of Maori is Maori. There is no S in Maori and plurals are denoted by context and/or lengthening the first vowel sound.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Back in Ireland, it was pronounced "Mallory".
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

ed

Post by ed »

The Atheist wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:46 pm
ed wrote:
The Maoris...
The plural of Maori is Maori. There is no S in Maori and plurals are denoted by context and/or lengthening the first vowel sound.
Cultural appropriator. Another elite white guy speaking for the oppressed.
About that stereo

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

ed wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:31 pm
Excellent work, mate - you prove with every post what a total fucking ignorant nonce you are.

You know nothing at all about New Zealand or Kiwis, or NZ culture, and that post displays it beyond any doubt whatsoever.

I'm not even going to bother to mention the obvious point that you created a beautiful strawman out of me speaking for the oppressed.

Keep 'em coming, mate - the humour value of your posts is well and truly worth the price of admission.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

ed

Post by ed »

Why would I care in the first place? If you are representative you render a nation dismissable.

I take all that back. I see what happened. Like so many before you you fell to my rapier like wit and incisive argumentation. Holding, as you did, an silly and unsupportable and basically horrid position on censorship and then, predictably, being disemboweled simply caused you to revert to type. Now you are, pathetically, reduced to pure ad hominims.

Good show. That will certainly impress the chicks.

Carry on. You are a perfect negative example for the shallow.

Please, give us more. Show your wit. Perhaps Shemp can get you a gig selling siding.
About that stereo

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

ed wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:51 pm
Holding, as you did, an silly and unsupportable and basically horrid position on censorship ...
In the minds of inferior people, that's quite right, which is why that attitude is popular in places like the United States of America.

You're quite happy to allow filth like Alex Jones to do immense harm to families of school shootings, just as a single example of your idiotic laws and sacred Constitution. Good for you! USA! USA! USA! Number one in freedom.

And guns.

New Zealand is hardly unique - Germany & Austria have long banned Holocaust denial for exactly the same reason as NZ banned Tarrant's words. All socially-developed countries have laws that protect victims.

I do love the fact that you, Abdul, Wildcat and a couple of others conform to every stereotype the world has about ugly, fat, ignorant Americans*. You're a sick culture and the rest of the world alternates between pity and hilarity at you and your fat fuck, rude, misogynist, racist cunt of a President. I've said since the election, he is the President America deserves. He perfectly reflects everything wrong with your sick culture.

As do you.

Excellent work, Ed, and Keep America Great!

I do feel sorry for the small percentage of non-shitheads who live there.

*I do thank you for turning a simple grammatical lesson into yet another bucket of vomit about your sacred free speech. You're a winner, mate!

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Were you drunk, Ed?

ed

Post by ed »

The Atheist wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:34 am
ed wrote:
Holding, as you did, an silly and unsupportable and basically horrid position on censorship ...
In the minds of inferior people, that's quite right, which is why that attitude is popular in places like the United States of America.

You're quite happy to allow filth like Alex Jones to do immense harm to families of school shootings, just as a single example of your idiotic laws and sacred Constitution. Good for you! USA! USA! USA! Number one in freedom.

And guns.

New Zealand is hardly unique - Germany & Austria have long banned Holocaust denial for exactly the same reason as NZ banned Tarrant's words. All socially-developed countries have laws that protect victims.

I do love the fact that you, Abdul, Wildcat and a couple of others conform to every stereotype the world has about ugly, fat, ignorant Americans*. You're a sick culture and the rest of the world alternates between pity and hilarity at you and your fat fuck, rude, misogynist, racist cunt of a President. I've said since the election, he is the President America deserves. He perfectly reflects everything wrong with your sick culture.

As do you.

*I do thank you for turning a simple grammatical lesson into yet another bucket of vomit about your sacred free speech. You're a winner, mate!
Yammer yammer <yawn>

See ya.
About that stereo

ed

Post by ed »

Hotarubi wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:47 am
Were you drunk, Ed?
Don'r drink. Just funnin ya. I hate dead air

Sad how the other one seems to feel it necessary to puff himself up. And his country. Ah well, everyone needs something I suppose.
About that stereo

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

The Atheist wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:47 pm
ed wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:31 pm
Excellent work, mate - you prove with every post what a total fucking ignorant nonce you are.

You know nothing at all about New Zealand or Kiwis, or NZ culture, and that post displays it beyond any doubt whatsoever.
Well, in defense of ed, none of us do, really. You guys are pretty fucking obscure globally, Economically, militarily, geographically, etc. You pretty much lack any significance whatsoever. No offense, but from our perspective, kiwi fruit are your biggest claim to fame. I bet half of us think you're a part of Australia. Personally, you are my only example of a Kiwi, and an obnoxious one at that! <--not that I don't approve :D

Perhaps if you were closer! I'd be happy to have you replace Cuba.

ed

Post by ed »

Have you noticed that little dogs are the most obnoxious?
About that stereo

ed

Post by ed »

You know, I was going to ignore your idiotic ramblings but for the sake of interested readers I think that it might be worthwhile to comment on your points. Hopefully with less vituperation than you.
The Atheist wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:34 am
ed wrote:
Anyone who has even a nodding acquaintance with history will note that censorship rarely finds limits when unopposed. You have already demonstrated that NZ has established the principle of government censorship in the complete absence of any practical impact. I have heard it said that laws must meet two criteria:
1:the problem must addressable by law
2: the law must address that problem
You have stated that neither is true in NZ. That is the very definition of virtue signaling and, far worse, it leaves in place a precedent. I invite the interested student to explore how governments can exploit abusive precedents.

Yes. Sacred Constitution? Yes. You might acquaint yourself with the Bill of Rights. I suspect that your friends in China would share your views. The point of our Constitution is that we are a nation of law. A jurisdiction that passes a law in contravention of the Constitution will be corrected. The Constitution refers to Natural Law which consists of thing's that are a persons natural right and that governments cannot take away.
A lesson:
Amendment 1
- Freedom of Religion, Speech, and the Press

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment 2
- The Right to Bear Arms

A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Amendment 3
- The Housing of Soldiers

No soldier shall, in time of peace, be quartered in any house without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment 4
- Protection from Unreasonable Searches and Seizures

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment 5
- Protection of Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property

No person shall be held to answer for a capital or otherwise infamous crime unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

Amendment 6
- Rights of Accused Persons in Criminal Cases

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor; and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment 7
- Rights in Civil Cases

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment 8
- Excessive Bail, Fines, and Punishments Forbidden

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment 9
- Other Rights Kept by the People

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment 10
- Undelegated Powers Kept by the States and the People

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
The champion is the people, not the government. The government gives us nothing, rights are ours by default.
Exactly the kind of thing that China and other fascists hate. So "Sacred", yeah.

And guns.
Rights are worthless unless they can be defended.
New Zealand is hardly unique - Germany & Austria have long banned Holocaust denial for exactly the same reason as NZ banned Tarrant's words.
:roll:
Germany and Austria are your examples for censorship? Those fuckers that are bathed in blood? They have no right, zero, to lecture anyone about anything. So the censorship nexus extends thru new Zealand to Germany then Austria. Got it. That is one sound argument.
All socially-developed countries have laws that protect victims.
That is a vague assertion that is, on it's face worthless. You must try to do better. The banal interpretation is that that is the nature of law in the first place. Have you ever taken a course in critiacl thinking or argumentation? Seriously.
Yes, the old ad hom. Good show, at least you don't disappoint.
I suspect that the thousands that crave admittance to our benighted country could benefit from your wisdom. Perhaps, when you have finished screaming at clouds, you can educate them.
And

As do you.

Minimizing the value of free speech tells me all I really need to know, mate.
About that stereo

robinson
Title: Nice guy

Post by robinson »

If this forum was like New Zealand we wouldn’t be able to have this discussion

Ironic isn’t it?
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

I never heard of this mass murderer in NZ before
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

But I can understand why he would get no press there

Hell, while it’s not mandated by Wikipedia, there is a lot of censorship there, all user driven.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

ed wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:07 pm

I suspect that the thousands that crave admittance to our benighted country could benefit from your wisdom. Perhaps, when you have finished screaming at clouds, you can educate them.

To be fair, thousands of people want to go to Australia too.

ed

Post by ed »

why? Do they have under age male prostitutes?

Why NZ is easy
About that stereo