Beer Snacks

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Beer Snacks

Post by asthmatic camel »

Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
Witness

Re: Beer Snacks

Post by Witness »

No bread?
asthmatic camel

I'm a diabetic. Bread is to be avoided.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
Witness

Post by Witness »

Ah, OK. But isn't beer "liquid bread", as they say in Alsatia? :mrgreen:
asthmatic camel

'Tis, but while beer contains plenty of carbs, your liver packs up doing other things while it's getting rid of the alcohol. It can actually lower your blood sugar levels.

Dangerously if your on medication or insulin.

Happens to me. But I like to live dangerously. ;)
asthmatic camel

Evening completed with a pipe-full of rum-soaked shag. :)

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

AC's beer snack looks a bit like lunch on my weight loss regimen, except that I wouldn't eat the hard boiled egg (just personal preference not the regimen).

American style beer snacks aren't so healthful.

My comprehension of English English is slipping. I thought a rum soaked shag was something else. :BigGrin3:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
asthmatic camel

35 years ago, a rum-soaked shag would have meant something different. Nowadays, I'm content with a Tolkienesque style of satisfaction. :)
asthmatic camel

Oh, Abdul, I guarantee you'd enjoy my home-made pickled eggs; they're a famous local delicacy. I often add a slice of beetroot to my sooper-seekrit spice mix so they turn a lovely shade of purple. :)
Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

Love the pipe! Makes up for the fag-o-cycle. You could almost be mistaken for manly.
Such potential!
asthmatic camel

Bruce wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:08 am Love the pipe! Makes up for the fag-o-cycle. You could almost be mistaken for manly.
I've been fixing up my lady neighbour's bike for her and test-riding it around town. Much to the local residents' amusement. Almost done now; pic to follow. :)
asthmatic camel

Look at this beauty! And she was going to throw it away and buy a new one! AC to the rescue. :)

ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

Looks like a bit of tweaking to the rear carrier rack frame would improve things. It looks like it's been bent down at some point and is pushing the mudguard out of shape and rather too close to the rear tyre.
solely

Post by solely »

Good eye.
asthmatic camel

Yep. Figured that out this morning after truing the back wheel and replacing the brake blocks. :)
asthmatic camel

I'm genuinely impressed that ceptimus spotted that. My neighbour said she'd always had problems with the rear brakes rubbing and nobody could sort it out. I sorted it out by removing the rack which was too small for the bike. Noway, nohow should it ever have been fitted in the first place. It wasn't damaged, it was just too fucking small!
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

asthmatic camel wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:05 am Oh, Abdul, I guarantee you'd enjoy my home-made pickled eggs; they're a famous local delicacy. I often add a slice of beetroot to my sooper-seekrit spice mix so they turn a lovely shade of purple. :)
Didn't realize the egg was pickled. :o

asthmatic camel

You don't see pickled eggs so often nowadays but back in the day pretty much every pub sold them as snacks. They're delicious!
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Soaked in spiced brine? Gimme your recipe. 8)

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

The older I get, the less I throw things away. Hate to see young people throwing good things away, just because they"re a little old. Shame. Usually all it takes is a little sprucing up, a buff, a trim, a wash, a shave, and maybe just a few well-placed compliments, and there, good as new.
Such potential!