Beer Snacks

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Re: Beer Snacks

Post by asthmatic camel »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:24 pm
asthmatic camel wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:37 am The real trick is to leave your eggs hanging around for a couple of weeks before boiling them, otherwise, they'll be extremely difficult to peel. ;)
Works best with rotten eggs? You sure you're not French? :wink:
I am most certainly not French. :D

Eggs are rotten if they float when placed in water. Otherwise, they are perfectly fine for pickling and much, much easier to peel once cooked.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
Witness

Post by Witness »

asthmatic camel wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:37 am The real trick is to leave your eggs hanging around for a couple of weeks before boiling them, otherwise, they'll be extremely difficult to peel. ;)
UK eggs, perhaps. :mrgreen: Around here it's enough to put them under a stream of cold water when coming out of the boil.
asthmatic camel

You want a fight about the right way to cook eggs, you Froggy Bastard?

You've come to the right man. :D
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

Witness wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:09 am
UK eggs, perhaps. :mrgreen: Around here it's enough to put them under a stream of cold water when coming out of the boil.
Same here.

Mr Camel is from up north I believe - whereas I'm from the south.

I think you can see what's going on here.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

I'm sure I came up with Twatter first. ~ Moi
I only steal from the rich. :BigGrin3: ~ Witness
Witness

Post by Witness »

↑ You think it's the haggis, giving them a taste for… ripe eggs? :shock:
asthmatic camel

Haggis is for the Jocks. Around here we have Bury Black Pudding.

Scrummy with HP Sauce.

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

We share the same language, but somewhere in our history, there must have been some terrible disagreement over the meaning of the word pudding.

Those who thought pudding should be a tasty, creamy, sweet desert stayed in the new world. Those who thought pudding should involve meat, blood, and bread got back on the boat and went home, thankfully taking their cricket bats and powdered wings with them. :D
Such potential!
asthmatic camel

solely

Post by solely »

Much is made of Beer snacks, and Beer, but no mention of the bottle
of Stone's Original Ginger Wine. That wasn't just a two beer snack.
asthmatic camel

solely wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:49 am Much is made of Beer snacks, and Beer, but no mention of the bottle
of Stone's Original Ginger Wine. That wasn't just a two beer snack.
Oh, that's my wife's favourite snifter. Far too sweet for me. :)
solely

Post by solely »

Is it sweet? never had, now it would be a death sentence.

The snack plate would be at least 15 hours of intense pain.

But if I could I would prefer a bock or doppelbock, it will be the last thing I do.
asthmatic camel

It's extremely sweet. Almost like a ginger flavoured honey. It'd send my blood sugar levels into hyperglycemia land.
asthmatic camel

Landscaping progress...

That was fucking hard work with the hangover from Hell.

Still, it's better than it was and is, as we have it in the vernacular, "Going Fucking Nowhere." :)

solely

Post by solely »

asthmatic camel

Needs some fit guy 30 years younger than I...
asthmatic camel

And it's still pissing down.

I'm moving to Florida to live in Lake Ed with the crawdads.

At least I'd be warm...
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

asthmatic camel wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:39 am Haggis is for the Jocks. Around here we have Bury Black Pudding.

Scrummy with HP Sauce.

Note how northerners culturally misappropriate the obviously southern "Houses of Parliament" sauce in order to try and appear more sophisticated.

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Sorta pathetic, what?
This space for let
asthmatic camel

Hotarubi wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:35 pm
asthmatic camel wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:39 am Haggis is for the Jocks. Around here we have Bury Black Pudding.

Scrummy with HP Sauce.

Note how northerners culturally misappropriate the obviously southern "Houses of Parliament" sauce in order to try and appear more sophisticated.
Hey, smartarse, I buy this stuff from ASDA. It's about a quarter of the price as HP and tastes exactly the same. :De_Bunk:

ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

HP sauce was produced at a factory in Birmingham for over a hundred years, but about thirteen years ago the factory was closed and since then all production has been in the Netherlands. :cry:
Witness

Post by Witness »

↑ They anticipated Brexit? :mrgreen:
asthmatic camel

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:21 pm What about this stuff? :wink:

Now you're talking.

That gear goes in pretty much everything I cook. :)
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:16 am I usually have some on hand.

Can't find gallon jugs locally, so I have to be parsimonious with it.
Know what? US L&P tastes different to ours. Its sweeter and less spicy.

Not much. But noticeable to a cultured palate.

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

asthmatic camel wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:14 pm
Hotarubi wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:35 pm

Scrummy with HP Sauce.

Hey, smartarse, I buy this stuff from ASDA. It's about a quarter of the price as HP and tastes exactly the same. :De_Bunk:

Having an East Asian family, I don't even touch such nonsense. :mrgreen:

asthmatic camel

Try this stuff. I sent De-Bunk a jar and he almost choked to death...

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

asthmatic camel wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:52 am Try this stuff. I sent De-Bunk a jar and he almost choked to death...

Scotch Bonnet?

asthmatic camel

Oh yeah. My mother-in-law used to make the real deal.

Am I still allowed to say fuck, here?

It's fucking hot...
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

asthmatic camel wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:13 am Oh yeah. My mother-in-law used to make the real deal.

Am I still allowed to say fuck, here?

It's fucking hot...
I generally avoid over hot chillies in meals as it wrecks other subtle flavours. I prefer bird's eye chillies as it allows softer ingredients to shine.

Yet, l happily make a scotch bonnet, tomato, shallot and cucumber salsa for homemade crisps on Saturday movie night.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

I like carbs. I would hate to have to give them up. But I'm getting to the point where it might be unavoidable.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Medical peeps now say that carbs are bad, unless they are exactly the right carbs. The naughty carbs turn instantly to sugars and those turn instantly to fat under the careful tutelage of the human metabolism and this leads to cardiovascular problems.

But damnit! I loves me some pasta. And bread. And rice. And beans.

Fuck.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
asthmatic camel

sparks wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:31 am Medical peeps now say that carbs are bad, unless they are exactly the right carbs. The naughty carbs turn instantly to sugars and those turn instantly to fat under the careful tutelage of the human metabolism and this leads to cardiovascular problems.

But damnit! I loves me some pasta. And bread. And rice. And beans.

Fuck.
Try brown rice or basmati rice, thoroughly rinsed before cooking. You need some carbs to survive, just the right ones. :)
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Yea, presumably there are 'fast' carbs and 'slow' carbs and the slow carbs aren't as bad as the fast carbs.
Fid

Post by Fid »

The durian of beer snacks though in this case its looks not smell as these are actually quite tasty. My dad and myself loved these. Past tense, I tried recently and...Nope.

... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
asthmatic camel

sparks wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:17 pm Yea, presumably there are 'fast' carbs and 'slow' carbs and the slow carbs aren't as bad as the fast carbs.
That's the way my Doc explained it to me when I was first diagnosed as a diabetic. "You need to eat complex carbohydrates that your body needs to work to digest." Said she. Thirty years later, my blood sugar levels are close to normal. I'm beginning to go blind but hey, Mrs. Camel ain't the beauty she once was. :D
sparks

Post by sparks »

But you still love her, don't you?

And good for you. Excepting the going blind part. Fuck that shit AC.
asthmatic camel

It's not a real problem, sparks. I have Background Retinopathy. It's easily treated. If you fancy having needles shoved through your eyeballs...

I'll pass on that one for as long as possible. :D