Beer Snacks

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Re: Beer Snacks

Post by asthmatic camel »

sparks wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:31 am Medical peeps now say that carbs are bad, unless they are exactly the right carbs. The naughty carbs turn instantly to sugars and those turn instantly to fat under the careful tutelage of the human metabolism and this leads to cardiovascular problems.

But damnit! I loves me some pasta. And bread. And rice. And beans.

Fuck.
Try brown rice or basmati rice, thoroughly rinsed before cooking. You need some carbs to survive, just the right ones. :)
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Yea, presumably there are 'fast' carbs and 'slow' carbs and the slow carbs aren't as bad as the fast carbs.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Fid

Post by Fid »

The durian of beer snacks though in this case its looks not smell as these are actually quite tasty. My dad and myself loved these. Past tense, I tried recently and...Nope.

... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
asthmatic camel

sparks wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:17 pm Yea, presumably there are 'fast' carbs and 'slow' carbs and the slow carbs aren't as bad as the fast carbs.
That's the way my Doc explained it to me when I was first diagnosed as a diabetic. "You need to eat complex carbohydrates that your body needs to work to digest." Said she. Thirty years later, my blood sugar levels are close to normal. I'm beginning to go blind but hey, Mrs. Camel ain't the beauty she once was. :D
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

But you still love her, don't you?

And good for you. Excepting the going blind part. Fuck that shit AC.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
asthmatic camel

It's not a real problem, sparks. I have Background Retinopathy. It's easily treated. If you fancy having needles shoved through your eyeballs...

I'll pass on that one for as long as possible. :D