Where have all the toothless cunts gone?

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Nyarlathotep

Re: Where have all the toothless cunts gone?

Post by Nyarlathotep »

DJ wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:05 pm
I’m not the least bit ashamed of my decision to vote for Trump. True, it was more of a vote against Harris, but I’d do it again.
Thing is though, I have yet to see you harangue anyone for not loving Dear Leader Trump. I cannot say that about most of the other “totally not Trump Supporters...wink wink” on this forum
xouper
Title: mere ghost of his former self

Post by xouper »

DJ wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:05 pm 40 years of Biden was enough, and Harris in the wings was a bridge too far. I also have to admit that I enjoyed the way that the establishment was turned upside down.

I’m not the least bit ashamed of my decision to vote for Trump. True, it was more of a vote against Harris, but I’d do it again.
Ditto.
xouper

Post by xouper »

Nyarlathotep wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:33 pm
DJ wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:05 pm I’m not the least bit ashamed of my decision to vote for Trump. True, it was more of a vote against Harris, but I’d do it again.
Thing is though, I have yet to see you harangue anyone for not loving Dear Leader Trump. . . .
I do not harangue my sisters for not loving "Dear Leader Trump", so I totally get that.
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

xouper wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:52 pm
DJ wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:05 pm I’m not the least bit ashamed of my decision to vote for Trump. True, it was more of a vote against Harris, but I’d do it again.
Thing is though, I have yet to see you harangue anyone for not loving Dear Leader Trump. . . .
I do not harangue my sisters for not loving "Dear Leader Trump", so I totally get that.

In fairness to you, despite the many...disagreements...I have had with you over the years, I don’t remember any of that from you either.

If anything you seem to have an anti-authoritarian streak (and not just when it suits you) and I have to respect that
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

We just don’t always agree on what is authoritarian and what isn’t all the time
DJ

Post by DJ »

DJ wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:05 pm
Thing is though, I have yet to see you harangue anyone for not loving Dear Leader Trump. I cannot say that about most of the other “totally not Trump Supporters...wink wink” on this forum
I’m glad to offer an opinion, but what you do with that is entirely up to you.
xouper

Post by xouper »

Nyarlathotep wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:59 pm In fairness to you, despite the many...disagreements...I have had with you over the years, I don’t remember any of that from you either.

If anything you seem to have an anti-authoritarian streak (and not just when it suits you) and I have to respect that
You're a good person, Ny, which is why I feel bad about the unkind things I have said to you in the past. They were uncalled for, were totally unnecessary, and only served to make me look like a hateful person. Please accept my sincerest apology and feel free to kick me in the nuts if I ever do it again. There's already too much hate on this forum and I regret having ever been a contributor to that.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

I am only really aware one particular poster who would harangue others not so much for "not loving Dear Leader" but for simply voting Democrat.

He did not do very well.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

xouper wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:57 pm
Nyarlathotep wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:59 pm In fairness to you, despite the many...disagreements...I have had with you over the years, I don’t remember any of that from you either.

You're a good person, Ny, which is why I feel bad about the unkind things I have said to you in the past. They were uncalled for, were totally unnecessary, and only served to make me look like a hateful person. Please accept my sincerest apology and feel free to kick me in the nuts if I ever do it again. There's already too much hate on this forum and I regret having ever been a contributor to that.
I accept your apology and offer my own. I can be a dick at times.
Giz

Post by Giz »

See, Biden’s unifying us already!
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Giz wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:14 am See, Biden’s unifying us already!
Too soon, man, too soon.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
gnome

Post by gnome »

Wow am I so five minutes ago. I had no idea corps and AA were permanently gone (as opposed to just absent) until just now when I looked at an old post and it appeared I was talking to myself.

Anyone willing to tell someone late to the party what apparently set them on their way?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

gnome wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:56 pm Wow am I so five minutes ago. I had no idea corps and AA were permanently gone (as opposed to just absent) until just now when I looked at an old post and it appeared I was talking to myself.

Anyone willing to tell someone late to the party what apparently set them on their way?
Social media pogroms.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

gnome wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:56 pm Wow am I so five minutes ago. I had no idea corps and AA were permanently gone (as opposed to just absent) until just now when I looked at an old post and it appeared I was talking to myself.

Embarrassment? Cowards? I donno but I can't think of another. I'll miss Abdul.
DJ

Post by DJ »

There are so few voices anyway, so it’s a shame to lose them. I hate echo chambers. Sure, Corpy was belligerent at times, but not always wrong from my perspective. Abdul provided so much humor and frankly weird things to keep my brain cells from dying. I’ll miss them. Hopefully other voices will emerge. There’s nothing wrong with disparate ideas. Is there?
Giz

Post by Giz »

Exactly, in a world of echo chambers I appreciate that there is debate here, unlike so many other forums.
gnome

Post by gnome »

Similar feeling.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

I'm not a mind-reader, but as far as I can tell, AA was going on about "mass executions" being immanent. Meaning that whichever side won this election would be executing the losers en masse. Then corplinx's final thread was called "Abdul was right". Presumably about the mass execution stuff. I always thought Abdul probably didn't actually believe that, but who can be sure? I think maybe they were worried that someone might use their accounts here to doxx them IRL. As far as I can tell, that's why. As an anti-doxxing measure.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
gnome

Post by gnome »

He put a fair amount of humor in, but I do think AA really thought he would come to harm from liberals coddling Muslim terrorists, or going directly after the "not-woke", or some mixture.

Corplinx, I have no idea. I usually figured him as a non-partisan loose cannon that would criticize anyone. Became very different in the end, much more difficult to debate with rationally.
--Soldier, TF2
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Anaxagoras wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:02 amI think maybe they were worried that someone might use their accounts here to doxx them IRL. As far as I can tell, that's why. As an anti-doxxing measure.
You'd have to be deep in paranoia to think someone would find them here, let alone dox them from the information held.

Quite interesting to disappear so abruptly after all those years.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
gnome

Post by gnome »

Also possible--the simple explanation... no longer enjoying the arguing. Left and got a life, didn't want to leave any baggage behind.
--Soldier, TF2
shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Post by shemp »

They both suffered from being loopy as fuck, but I'll miss Abdul.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"what dicking deep shit i produce" -- pillory

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

People are shitting themselves to death
Crap so much they fail to take a breath
But even when their kids are starvin'
They thought Trump would throw them Charmin.
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

gnome wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:31 am Also possible--the simple explanation... no longer enjoying the arguing.
I see Corplinx has continued posting at ISF, so that and the doxing theory seem to be blown out of the water.

Maybe he finally got ashamed of the utter shit he'd posted here.
shemp wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:34 am They both suffered from being loopy as fuck, but I'll miss Abdul.
Yeah, I'll go along with that - I think his heart was almost in the right place. He was certainly the least-repulsive Trumpist here.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
shemp

Post by shemp »

The Atheist wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:56 am
gnome wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:31 am Also possible--the simple explanation... no longer enjoying the arguing.
I see Corplinx has continued posting at ISF, so that and the doxing theory seem to be blown out of the water.

Maybe he finally got ashamed of the utter shit he'd posted here.
shemp wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:34 am They both suffered from being loopy as fuck, but I'll miss Abdul.
Yeah, I'll go along with that - I think his heart was almost in the right place. He was certainly the least-repulsive Trumpist here.
He hasn't posted or visited there since 2014. Even if he requested his posts there be deleted, they won't do it.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

shemp wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:24 pm He hasn't posted or visited there since 2014. Even if he requested his posts there be deleted, they won't do it.
Ah. Can of worms opened.

I never even realised he posted under the Corplinx name at ISF. Like some of the others here who post under different names, I just figured he used different names in different places.

As you say, the Corplinx name hasn't posted for years, but his other name was posting as recently as yesterday. I'm pretty sure there's a rule at ISF about not doing that.

I'm not going to dob him in, though.

shemp

Post by shemp »

I'm not aware that he has two accounts there. How do you know this? I'm not asking you to give away his name. Do you suspect someone because of their posting style?

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

shemp wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:49 am I'm not aware that he has two accounts there. How do you know this? I'm not asking you to give away his name. Do you suspect someone because of their posting style?
No, the style never even occurred to me, it's photos and avatars.