Why Dogs are Better

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Why Dogs are Better

Post by Rob Lister »

Fuck cats. If it weren't for kittens, cats would be extinct.<--irony

xouper
Title: mere ghost of his former self

Re: Why Dogs are Better

Post by xouper »

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

I have to admit my dog is less than excited to see me when I get home. If she wakes up, she barks like I'm an intruder or something, even after she sees me. But she's old. She's living on her first year of borrowed time; 10 years for a English Bulldog. Her joints hurt. It takes her three tries typically to jump on the couch with my wife (I won't allow it :sad: )

My son just adopted a rescue mug puppy (~1 yr) from the SPCA ($200!). It is the happiest puppy in the world. Half beagle/half Dotson (picture a beagle that is 3 feet long. Each shits it is like a foot long. "He has a very long colon," says son. The dog came trained and could sit, stay, come, fetch, rollover on delivery. It was obvious to me that someone had lost that dog amd was looking for that dog; somebody loved that dog. My son agreed but said the SPCA had zero data on him; he was a drop-off. Too sad ... for them. The dog, on the other hand, has won the Puppy Pottery now twice.

And my son...just once so far.
Fid

Post by Fid »

Sometimes people leave and they don't come back.

After the death of my husband our dogs were (geez bereft is that even a word) and to this day they look out the window expecting his return.

So yes, I'll let the boys lick my face and rub their tummies after a 45 minute trip to the store.
... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan