Wanna see something that made me happy?

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Nyarlathotep

Wanna see something that made me happy?

Post by Nyarlathotep »

A blast from the past.

This pic is from a local news story concerning our annual Nevada Day celebration, which includes a parade. The float represents "Cecil The Sea Monster" who allegedly lives in one of our nearby lakes (Walker Lake, if you are interested).

I haven't gone to a parade, Nevada Day or otherwise, in decades. But I remember that float. Seeing Cecil, blowing smoke and writhing down the street was the high point of 7/8/9 year old Nyarl's year. That fucking float was the best. This pic is from the last parade we had in 2019 (2020 was cancelled, for obvious reasons). It does my heart good to see Cecil is still making appearances. I am hoping some other kid with a fascination with monsters enjoys it as much as I used to.

Fucking Cecil, man. Don't know why, but seeing that photo made me happy. I didn't even know they still had a Cecil Float

ed
Title: G_D

Re: Wanna see something that made me happy?

Post by ed »

They rent out that float. I use it for "Lake Ed Days" where we run it down main street. It's the only float actually.

Big hit here too.
This space for let
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

The stories go that there are tunnels that connect Walker Lake, Lake Tahoe and another local lake (Pyramid Lake) and that Cecil moves between the three lakes. I suppose there could be a tunnel clear out to Lake Ed.
ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

The tunnels would need gates - like underwater lock gates - because the surface of Lake Tahoe is over a thousand feet higher than that of Walker Lake, and without the gates all the water would run out of Tahoe into the other lakes.
Fid

Post by Fid »

There are. It was a big hush-hush project during WW2. It involved submarines or mines or...hmm.
... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

The Russians, it involved the Russians and Trump's father.
This space for let
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Seems legit
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.