USA is #1

How not to buy a brick in a box off the back of a truck.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Well, there is the chocolate-covered cheese. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

clarsct

Post by clarsct »

Doctor X wrote:Well, there is the chocolate-covered cheese. . . .

--J.D.
Wha???

Blech.

Obviously consumed by Philistines.
When Religion becomes State, and breaking the Law becomes a Sin, then Dissenters will become Heretics.

"Reading other people's opinions is a good way to avoid thinking." --My Wife

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Or Aussies. . . .

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Mulebear

Post by Mulebear »

Mascarpone cheese is used in a number of delicious desserts.

Occasionally I make a topping for various fruit desserts out of equal parts sour cream, cream cheese, and sugar with a touch of vanilla.

I have not made one in awhile, but I used to make Dark Chocolate Cheese Cakes on a regular basis.
I [img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/mulebear/smilies/heart_icon.jpg[/img] Sonoma Bear

Recently someone accused me of being insensitive. And I thought, how did this fat bitch get her wheelchair up the stairs to my house?

clarsct

Post by clarsct »

Mulebear wrote:Mascarpone cheese is used in a number of delicious desserts.

Occasionally I make a topping for various fruit desserts out of equal parts sour cream, cream cheese, and sugar with a touch of vanilla.

I have not made one in awhile, but I used to make Dark Chocolate Cheese Cakes on a regular basis.
Well, now...CHEESECAKE is something altogether different.

I was picturing chocolate covered cheddar, or something.

Doesn't sound right.
When Religion becomes State, and breaking the Law becomes a Sin, then Dissenters will become Heretics.

"Reading other people's opinions is a good way to avoid thinking." --My Wife

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Some of the best moment of life were closing the Scottish pub with single malts to crawl to a literally all-night cafe with theater for a Mocha-of-Doom with a double-espresso chocolate cheese-cake.

You could go back in time. . . .

--J.D.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

As I said, maybe both as ingredients in the same recipe, but not cheese with sugar in it. And if Mascarpone Cheese is the exception to that ruel, my bet is that it is has sugar in Australia too.

Mulebear

Post by Mulebear »

Nyarlathotep wrote:

As I said, maybe both as ingredients in the same recipe, but not cheese with sugar in it. And if Mascarpone Cheese is the exception to that ruel, my bet is that it is has sugar in Australia too.
I wasn't saying that we in the United States have sugar in our cheeses. I simply wanted to make others aware that cheeses can be used in desserts.

By the way, most cheeses are made with salts and/or acids. lactose sugars are a byproduct of the cheese making process. Blessed are the Cheese Makers.
I [img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/mulebear/smilies/heart_icon.jpg[/img] Sonoma Bear

Recently someone accused me of being insensitive. And I thought, how did this fat bitch get her wheelchair up the stairs to my house?

Mulebear

Post by Mulebear »

One more thing. Mascarpone is Italian. Cannoli anyone?

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

So she should stop eating cheese?

--J.D.

DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

Doctor X wrote:So she should stop eating cheese?

--J.D.
oop, the cat's gotten it!
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.

Morticia

Post by Morticia »

She's the cat's mother. :P
~ I'm just like every modern woman trying to have it all. A loving husband, a family. I only wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade. ~

Mulebear

Post by Mulebear »

Doctor X wrote:So she should stop eating cheese?

--J.D.
If "eating cheese" is a euphemism for reading your posts?... Well... Maybe.

whitefork
Title: Nearly Normal
Location: I live in Trafalgar Square with four lions to guard me.

Post by whitefork »

is lactose a sugar and is lactose in cheese?

(does chocolate contain caffeine?)
If it's good enough for Nelson, it's quite good enough for me.

Cloverlief

Re: USA is #1

Post by Cloverlief »

Morticia wrote:It's not factually supported by nearly every single measure.

So why this perpetuation of the myth of USA is #1 even in the face of facts?
Oh, I never responded to this.

So, here is my answer: Because we are.

It is called ethnocentricity, and most people have it to some degree, no matter what nation they live in.
Chani

CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

Chanileslie wrote:
It is called ethnocentricity, and most people have it to some degree, no matter what nation they live in.
Yeah. And the USA is #1 in that too.

(Apart from the British.)

etc.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:
Chanileslie wrote:
Yeah. And the USA is #1 in that too.

(Apart from the British.)

etc.
Yeah, but YOU guys don't put sugar in your cheese, so that puts you one up on us, apparently.

En folkefiende

Post by En folkefiende »

Doctor Mabuse wrote:is lactose a sugar and is lactose in cheese?

Yes, yes, yes, and thiosomething too.
Formerly jj, the enemy of the people, aka the bullies who rant and lie here.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Doctor Mabuse wrote:is lactose a sugar and is lactose in cheese?

Sure, but I am pretty sure that, by the very definitio of cheese, lactose is present in the cheese they eat in civilized countries too.

whitefork
Title: Nearly Normal
Location: I live in Trafalgar Square with four lions to guard me.

Post by whitefork »

How about cheez-wiz or velveeta?
If it's good enough for Nelson, it's quite good enough for me.