Your Bank Account Requires Attention!

How not to buy a brick in a box off the back of a truck.
grayman

Your Bank Account Requires Attention!

Post by grayman »

My memory isn't the best, but just how many bank accounts do I have requiring attention?

Here's the latest. Never been to Australia though. At least not that I remember.
Dear Credit Union Australia customer,

We recently have determined that different computers have logged onto your Online Banking account, and multiple password failures were present before the logons.

We now need you to re-confirm your account information to us.

If this is not completed by June 28, 2009, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

To confirm your Online Banking records click on the following link:
https://webbanker.cua.com.au/webbanker/CUA

Thank you for your patience in this matterm,
Credit Union Australia Customer Service
BTW, note the date.

:roll:
You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Priceless. :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

I've been winning the British Tobacco sweepstakes on a daily basis to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds, so I'm covered.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

grayman

Post by grayman »

Pyrrho wrote:I've been winning the British Tobacco sweepstakes on a daily basis to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds, so I'm covered.
If you need a bank account to stash the money, let me know.
You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

gnome

Post by gnome »

And then I have some great investments and natural male enhancement pills for you to spend it on!
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Not to worry, my multi-million-dollar fortune is safely deposited in a Nigerian bank.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

Anybody got a nice way to hook these folks up to each other and make them scam each other while accidentally letting us all see their exchanges? I'm thinking a mail relay server that you control, for instance...
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

:Popcorn:
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Do you mind PMing me the full e-mail with headers? The link is legitimate--most likely the REAL link goes elsewhere.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

grayman

Post by grayman »

Alas, it's been deleted from my email. :(

Pyrrho

I have been choosen! I have claim!

Post by Pyrrho »

You have been choosen by the U.N Foundation to receive a Grant Donation of €850,000.00 EUR (Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand Euro).Your Qualification Numbers(G-999-747, UZ-900-77),Contact Robin Steven with Name,address,country for claim:E-mail:
unfoundationgrant@ymail.com
The best part: the email is apparently digitally signed by the idiot's ISP, with his actual ISP email address in the "Return-path" field. Might be forged...worth a laugh though.

Llacheu

Post by Llacheu »

Wow. All I get are weekly text messages about my account at Credit Union West. Unfortunately for the scammers, I don't have an account with Credit Union West, and I live sixty miles from their only office.

Should I inform the scammers that their database needs updating?
In fact, 10,500 BC was the first time Orion's belt was ever visible in the night sky and the alignment is perfect.

If you deny this you simply are a holocaust denier. - Kilik

JasonAristotle wrote:
I SAY BLIND FAITH BELIEVERS
WHO REFUSE TO CRITICALLY THINK FOR THEMSELVES
DESERVE WHATEVER THE UFO ALIENS
HAVE IN STORE FOR THEM!!!

En folkefiende

Post by En folkefiende »

Well, I've tried to put the people concerned with my bank account in touch with those who have told me I have won millions...

:) :) :) :)

Doubt it will work, however.
Formerly jj, the enemy of the people, aka the bullies who rant and lie here.

grayman

Post by grayman »

Here's something new.

I like to browse on "aircraft for sale" sites to keep up with what's being offered for sale, just in case I ever get the cash to buy my own plane.

Anyway, one site lately has had a few ads seeking ferry pilots to transport aircraft from one part of the U.S. to another. One or two ads wouldn't be unusual, but there had been several. Maybe it was the odd sounding contact names, but something about those ads didn't seem right to me.

Now that site carries this warning at the top of their pages:
FRAUD ALERT AviationClassifieds.com has had ads posted by people in need of pilots to ferry aircraft. Most of these ads are fraudulent and they are an attempt to obtain your personal information. Never give out personal or banking information to people you do not know.
Remember, if it seems too good to be true... :wink:

grayman

Post by grayman »

SOUTH BANK LOAN
45 Windscot Avenue
London SE1 9PZ .
United Kingdom.

I want to solicit your attention on behalf
of our Loan organization .We give all kinds
of loan with very low interest rate (2%)
and give you long duration to repay loan.If
you are interested, get back to us with the
email below for more information:
craigbrown512@gmail.com

Craig Brown
Loan Manager
You betcha!