Sweat Lodge Guru Charged

How not to buy a brick in a box off the back of a truck.
Anaxagoras

Sweat Lodge Guru Charged

Post by Anaxagoras »

It's about time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03299.html
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. -- Motivational speaker James Arthur Ray was arrested Wednesday afternoon on three counts of manslaughter for deaths that happened after a sweat lodge ceremony he led in northern Arizona last year. Ray was taken into custody on an indictment at his attorney's office in Prescott, and was to be booked into the Yavapai County jail in Camp Verde, sheriff's officials said. His bond was set at $5 million.

grayman

Post by grayman »

Another link:
The self-help superstar who teaches people about financial and spiritual wealth uses free seminars to recruit followers to more expensive events.
You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

5 million bond. Too bad, he'll easily post bail and be out scamming others in no time. :x
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

gnome

Post by gnome »

sparks wrote:5 million bond. Too bad, he'll easily post bail and be out scamming others in no time. :x
Well, I suspect the amount is not intended to keep him there, but to discourage him from fleeing to another country before his trial. I can go for that.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

no one in particular

Post by no one in particular »

First, they murder Martin Luther King Jr., and now this? As a society, I say that in general, we ought to stop trusting folks named James Ray.

...my grandfather was a James Ray.
Killing me with humorous lines will not Clark Kent the egg salad. ~Skeptoid

It seems that our RIVER has run dry.