A key sniff test for Christianity

How not to buy a brick in a box off the back of a truck.
ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

A key sniff test for Christianity

Post by ed » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:19 pm

This is best put in frauds scams and myths :D

These are the words of Jesus, not some Ray Manzeric wannabe. No interpretation, direct quotes from the Son of God, the inerrant. Some say that this epic fail is the source of the Resurrection mythos and the promise of everlasting life.

Matthew 16:28
King James Version (KJV)
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mark 9:1
King James Version (KJV)
9 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Mark 13:30
King James Version (KJV)
23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Matthew 24:34
King James Version (KJV)
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Luke 9:27
King James Version (KJV)
27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

The bottom line is that he isn't coming, he is just breathing heavy.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!
My indifference is boundless :x
[img]/img]

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: A key sniff test for Christianity

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:27 pm

FWIW, the standard apologetic for this is that the apostles saw the "transfiguration".

Basically post-hoc BS, but they do have it covered sort of.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:47 pm

I always wondered if they assumed there was somebody with magic longevity still lurking around alive somewhere just so they could continue to argue it might still happen as written.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:50 pm

gnome wrote:I always wondered if they assumed there was somebody with magic longevity still lurking around alive somewhere just so they could continue to argue it might still happen as written.
That was the "Wandering Jew" myth, but Christianity has rejected it.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:FWIW, the standard apologetic for this is that the apostles saw the "transfiguration".

Basically post-hoc BS, but they do have it covered sort of.
That argument, in essence, converts The Christ into a caricature of a conniving, chiseling jew. Like that horrid character in star wars:

Wild to think about but I guess when lie after lie is exposed and you KNOW the TRVTH you have to make shit up.

, almost a .
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!
My indifference is boundless :x
[img]/img]