Christian fraud

How not to buy a brick in a box off the back of a truck.
Witness

Christian fraud

Post by Witness »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... award.html
By Matthew Day, Warsaw
11:37AM BST 25 Oct 2013

Poland’s most senior Catholic cleric has been forced into an embarrassing denial after it emerged that his online biography contained a bogus award apparently granted by Cambridge University.

The website for Archbishop Jozef Michalik claimed that the International Biographic Centre at Cambridge University had awarded him the title ‘Man of the Year – 1998-1999'. The biography added that the award was for “individuals whose leadership and achievements stand out in the international community”.

But an investigation by journalists from Tygodnik Powszechny, a respected Catholic weekly, revealed that the certificate had indeed come from an organisation called the International Biographic Centre but it had no association with Cambridge University. A British company, the centre compiles biographical dictionaries on people, but has also been accused of bestowing spurious honours and awards in return for money.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: Christian fraud

Post by sparks »

Christian fraud.

Redundant.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Witness

Post by Witness »

sparks wrote:Christian fraud.

Redundant.
Agreed! But it always amuses me, e. g.:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/walterpavlo ... t-know-it/
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

Be careful, Witness; the SC Pedantic Asshole Police, Tautology Division are after you.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
Witness

Post by Witness »

asthmatic camel wrote:Be careful, Witness; the SC Pedantic Asshole Police, Tautology Division are after you.
I'm doomed! :sad:

But "tautologer"… I could launch a new kind of woo!!!