The P-P-P-Powerbook.

How not to buy a brick in a box off the back of a truck.

The P-P-P-Powerbook.

Post by Guest »

http://69.93.112.102/~pbook/

This is a hilarious "scamming the scammer" tale. It's long, but well worth the read.

Cecil

Post by Cecil »

Oops, that was me. Forgot to login.

Quester_X

Post by Quester_X »

That's Something Awful, right? I'd love to view their forums, but they're closed to outsiders... ah well.
You're right, that is very funny, and it serves the guy right. Don't mess with forum goons.
You'll all be mine, in the end.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Imagine how mad the asshole was when he paid the money--when he planned to steal from some poor guy.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Blue Monk

Post by Blue Monk »

This is absolutely great!!!!

I read the whole thing, laughing my ass off!!!!

I love all the civilian cloak and dagger.

I love it that the scammer gets hosed.

And I really love the P-P-P-P-Powerbook.

This absolutely made my day.

Never, ever screw with computer geeks.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Too bad they cannot send his ass to jail.

Perhaps they can figure out who he is and get various ISPs to ban him . . . or somthing like that. . . . [He is a Mac user with no clue what he writes about, as is his custom.--Ed.]

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Mr.Weasel

Post by Mr.Weasel »

Pretty good. Not laugh-my-ass-off funny, but the photos were damn fine and I loved the cargo ship filled with "bear kidneys from various bears, including (but not limited to) polar, grizzly, brown, Yogi, black, panda, and Care."

richardm

Post by richardm »

Pretty good job, really... that photo of him hyperventilating into the paper bag cracked me up :D

Sundog

Post by Sundog »

Classic. Thanks very much for posting this.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Quester_X wrote:That's Something Awful, right? I'd love to view their forums, but they're closed to outsiders... ah well.
You're right, that is very funny, and it serves the guy right. Don't mess with forum goons.
Last time I checked, that forum was open to outsiders (read only). Plus I believe it's only $10 to register for life.

richardm

Post by richardm »

You can read the forums for free up to a point. I got to about page 17 in the original thread before it insisted I pay or go elsewhere. I paid. A great read for only $9.99 (and a wasted afternoon!)

Pirate_Lad

Post by Pirate_Lad »

Grammatron wrote:
Quester_X wrote:That's Something Awful, right? I'd love to view their forums, but they're closed to outsiders... ah well.
Last time I checked, that forum was open to outsiders (read only). Plus I believe it's only $10 to register for life.
Grammatron is correct, the $10 is a one-time fee unless you do something stupid & get banned. If you don't want to get banned, be sure to read the rules before you post. There are over 30k registered members and for the most part, the place is free of clownshits.

The 9.99 registration fee is worth every single penny for comedy value alone. There are also other uh.."benefits" if you have a registered forums account. Just trust me and pay the registration fee. You'll be glad you did.
"It could be that the true purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."