The Official Ebola Thread

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Skeeve

Re: The Official Ebola Thread

Post by Skeeve » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:55 pm

Ebola total climbs to 2,277...

I thought it was just around 1500 just last week....

:shock:

And one aside: The Massive ‘Pig Ebola’ Epidemic Will Give Trump Big Leverage In His Trade Standoff With China

Interesting they are calling it "pig ebola" again, they had refered to it as 'swine flu" not all that long ago...
Chinese pig Ebola is a severe and highly virulent disease nearly always fatal to hogs but purportedly harmless to humans. The virus moves effortlessly between pigs and can stay alive for great time and distances in feed, workers’ clothing, equipment, ticks, and mud. There is no vaccine nor cure. Previous outbreaks have been extremely destructive and difficult to control. According to the British Veterinary Association, CPE “is an acute viral hemorrhagic fever which, in domestic pigs and wild boar, results in case fatalities approaching 100 per cent.”
China is both the world’s largest producer and consumer of pork, at around 50% of the world’s pork supply and 20% of the world’s animal protein supply. The global cross-border trade in pork (i.e., total global exports) only constitute 15% of Chinese demand. If the worst-case scenarios come true and nearly the entire Chinese hog herd is affected, then China will need to import massive amounts of U.S. pork, regardless of the state of U.S.-China trade talks.
A good thing for them that someone during the Barry (no balls) Obama administration days decided it was a good idea that a Chinese company would buy one of our biggest pork producers...
(LINK:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smithfiel ... y_WH_Group)

So perhaps not as much leverage as they thought?
Oh well...
Then Skank Of America could start in...

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Shit happens Skeeve.

And Michelle is still hot while Mrs. Orange Fucktard is still a bought and paid for skank. Kinda like her fat, fugly fuckin piece of shit for brains psychopath husband actually.

But it was Chaos' turn.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:09 pm

You actually think Michelle was not kept?

How naïve you are.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:37 pm

I don't know.

Do you?

Evidences please.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:03 pm

You are the one having a most embarrassing hate-laden temper-tantrum without evidence, son.

Now you complain when someone plays it better than you?

Are you a Jets fan?

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

sparks

Post by sparks » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:29 am

No. Don't care for sports much at all, but I get your point.

Thanks.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:28 am

It is fine.

I use the "Jets" and "hiLARiOUs SPORTZ" analogies, because discourse should really not be at the level of Fanboy Bitch Fests where it is all, "YOUR TEAM SUCKS!" "NO! YOUR TEAM SUCKS!!!!"

Oddly enough a weird British show I have referenced did a whole episode on soccer hooliganism which makes MFY v THE GLORIOUS WORLD CHAMPION RED SOX conflicts seem mundane. There is class and religion involved--as it use to be in 'murica actually--which breeds a lot of hate for "Those People" who support that team. The DCI investigating a murder notes that the victim, "was a City Fan which means it's justifiable homicide."

And that is how pointless it is. BECAUSE Anax SUCK BUTT-FUMBLE DI you wear a particularly scarf all opinions, evidence-based or not, are therefore invalid.

You do not have to "love Trump." But spewing hate at his wife is, well, like spewing hate at Michelle Obama. They did not ask our opinion regarding marrying and spawning with either of their husbands, or, in the case of Michelle, the homeless dude [Stop that!--Ed.]

Certainly, both can merit criticism if they open their mouths and say something actually stupid. Michelle has done that a little bit, but more so since her husband left office.

However, go back in time, to a pleasant village Winden in Germany . . . no . . . wait . . . back when President Bubba was in the process of screwing everything that moves. There was, for a brief moment, some sympathy for Her Turn Hillary. I wish I could remember which elderly commentator ended his rant with, "and Hillary does not deserve this."

Then she blamed the victims.

That is the difference. Hillary came out and tried to be a part of the administration. So she merited criticism. She would also merit support in some matters. That is a matter of debate.

So if Melania wishes to come out and support juicing "as a healthy alternative to vaccination" then, yes, she should be criticized for that.

Otherwise . . . you become Fireman Ed.

--J.D.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:55 pm

Meanwhile back in the DRC...
Donors look to retool response as Ebola outbreak grows
More health worker infections

Two of the 12 cases confirmed yesterday involved health workers, the DRC health ministry said, one in Mabalako and one in Butembo. One of them was vaccinated, but officials did not specify how long ago.

The unvaccinated healthcare worker died in the community after refusing to be followed up. Community deaths—those that occur outside a healthcare setting—raise the risk of disease spread.

At least 125 healthcare workers have now contracted Ebola in the DRC, with at least 40 of them dying, the health ministry said.
So apparently the protective protocols they are (or should have been) following were not enough.
Or (scary version) perhaps this strain of Ebola may also be air born....

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:08 pm

Here comes summer.....

‘This is a warning sign’ Fears Ebola could go global amid struggle to contain epidemic
FEARS have been raised that Ebola could spread far beyond the border of the Congo amid a battle to contain the disease. Professor Steven Hatch, of the University of Massachusetts Medical School, warned there is the potential for the deadly virus to spread at an unprecedented rate.

So far, the latest outbreak, which has mainly affected the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) but recently spread to Uganda, has killed at least 1,500 people – making it the second deadliest outbreak of it ever.

But Professor Hatch warned it could get worse.

Writing in the Conversation, he said: “The vaccine keeps the current outbreak partially in check, while instability prevents its eradication.

“By contrast, the West African outbreak of 2014–15 rose with such unprecedented speed that it dominated world headlines for nearly four months between August and October of 2014.

“The alarm it generated led to the international response that helped contain it; today’s DRC outbreak has not resulted in the same alarm.

“The longer Ebola persists in the DRC, the more likely an improbable event will occur – like the spread of the virus beyond the borders of the DRC, or perhaps much further beyond its borders.

“The spread into Uganda may simply be a warning sign.”
...and the heat and humidity fest is just beginning....

shemp
Title: crazy as fuck

Post by shemp » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:19 pm

Well, if 80% of the world's population were to die, the survivors can probably stop worrying about global warming.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:04 am

Ebola-chan comes to a city of more than a million people:
The health ministry confirmed that a pastor tested positive for the virus in a centre in Goma after arriving there by bus on Sunday.

The ministry says that risk of the disease spreading is low.

More than 1,600 people have died since the Ebola outbreak began in eastern DR Congo a year ago.

The pastor travelled 200 km (125 miles) to Goma by bus from Butembo, where he had been with people with Ebola.

The health ministry said in a statement: "Due to the speed with which the patient has been identified and isolated, as well as the identification of all passengers from Butembo, the risk of spreading to the rest of the city of Goma remains low."

It said that the bus driver and 18 other passengers would be vaccinated on Monday.

Bugger'd by Colonists
Okay, so why was a pastor who visited people with ebola-chan not vaccinated? I am afraid the WHO Statement is not very convincing other than, "well, like, "ring vaccination" where they claim that it is not completely like fully you know definitely studied so, like, smallpox eradication. This is particularly surprising since the WHO calls for the vaccination of at risk populations.

People visiting patience with ebola are rather "at risk" by any definition.

"Cost?" you ask?

Ask Your Mom since there does not appear to be any information available on t3h g00gl3z searching.

--J.D.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:35 am

Unless it is free, it's too expensive for 99% of the at-risk population. I really don't expect the at-risk government to give too much of a damn quickly enough anyway. They will react rather than proact. The U.S. is stockpiling $1 billion worth of the stuff. I expect that will yield about 50 doses.