Anti-vaxxers in power

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Anti-vaxxers in power

Post by Doctor X »

Should a vaccine become available, the response from these willfully ignorants will prove most tragic.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Post by shemp »

Just speculation, but maybe she doesn't have any friends to talk to about this because none of them are stupid fucking cunts like her?
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"what dicking deep shit i produce" -- pillory

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

People are shitting themselves to death
Crap so much they fail to take a breath
But even when their kids are starvin'
They thought Trump would throw them Charmin.
Witness

Post by Witness »

As Bruce isn't around:
Chlorine dioxide is a chemical compound with the formula ClO2 that exists as yellowish-green gas at any temperature above −59 °C, and as bright orange crystals when colder. It is an oxidizing agent, able to transfer oxygen to a variety of substrates, while gaining one or more electrons via oxidation-reduction (redox). It does not hydrolyze when it enters water, and is usually handled as a dissolved gas in solution in water. Potential hazards with chlorine dioxide include health concerns, explosiveness and fire ignition.

Chlorine dioxide was discovered in 1811 and has been widely used for bleaching purposes in the paper industry, and for treatment of drinking water. More recent developments have extended its application into food processing, disinfection of premises and vehicles, mold eradication, air disinfection and odor control, treatment of swimming pools, dental applications, and wound cleansing.

The compound has been fraudulently marketed as a cure for a wide range of diseases, including childhood autism. Children who have been given enemas of chlorine dioxide as supposed cure for childhood autism have suffered life-threatening ailments and even died. The FDA has stated that chlorine dioxide has no health benefits and should not be ingested for any reason.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_dioxide
shemp

Post by shemp »

What kind of fucking bizarro universe do Garrison and his fanboys live in?

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

shemp

Post by shemp »

Can't decide if he should die of Covid-19 or in a dumpster fire.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Just give him a fatal case of the deadly 5G.

Goddamn but these idiots will believe anything.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Seems the latest conspiracy theory is that the yet to come Covid vaccine will contain microchips to "track us" (and the 5G towers and Gates are in it too, somehow). Made a Twitter search on "vaccines and microchip", here's the top of a very long page:

Witness

Post by Witness »

Larry needs money:

Give money to Larry. :P
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Fuck.
Witness

Post by Witness »

From his Wiki page:
Ayyadurai's undergraduate degree from MIT was in electrical engineering and computer science; he took a master's degree in visual studies from the MIT Media Laboratory on scientific visualization; concurrently, he completed another master's degree in mechanical engineering, also from MIT; and in 2007, he obtained a Ph.D. in biological engineering from MIT in systems biology, with his thesis focusing on modeling the whole cell by integrating molecular pathway models. In 2007, he was awarded a Fulbright U.S. Student Program grant to study the integration of Siddha, a system of traditional medicine developed in South India, with modern systems biology.
COVID-19 misinformation

During the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic Ayyadurai used social media to spread various conspiracy theories and misinformation about the pandemic. In January 2020 he claimed that the coronavirus was patented by the Pirbright Institute, but the patent he referenced relates to avian coronavirus, which infects birds, not SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for the pandemic.

He alleged that the coronavirus was spread by the "deep state" and accused Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, of being a "Deep State Plant". Ayyadurai called for Fauci to be fired.

In March 2020 he published an open letter to president Donald Trump where he wrote that a national lockdown was unnecessary and advocated that large doses of vitamins could prevent and cure the disease.

In April 2020, Politico and Vanity Fair reported that QAnon supporter DeAnna Lorraine has recommended that Dr. Shiva be included in coronavirus discussions at Donald Trump's White House.
Ayyadurai is running as a Republican in the 2020 U.S. Senate election in Massachusetts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva_Ayyadurai
Witness

Post by Witness »

From French article:
The slow scientific wreck of Professor Luc Montagnier

More than a hundred academics denounce the statements of the Nobel Prize winner against vaccines.

In just a few days since November 13, 2017, 106 academics of science and medicine have risen to publicly oppose the excesses of one of their number. And not the least of these. It is Professor Luc Montagnier, who received the 2008 Nobel Prize in Medicine with Françoise Barré-Sinoussi for the discovery of the AIDS virus. And the tone is unprecedented in these usually hushed cenacles.

"We, academicians of science and/or academicians of medicine, cannot accept from one of our colleagues that he uses his Nobel Prize to disseminate, outside his field of competence, messages dangerous to health, in defiance of the ethics that must govern science and medicine," they write. "Knowing that exclusion is statutorily impossible," they would like to see "a firm call to order" addressed to their colleague.

It was on Tuesday 7 November, at the Mathurins theatre, alongside Professor Henri Joyeux, who has been struck off the medical register for his comments on vaccines, that Luc Montagnier, 85, "signed" his scientific death warrant. "We're not here to create polemics, but we're here to send an alert to France, to the whole country, and even to the world, because it's a general problem. The alert is that we risk, with good will at the start of vaccines, gradually poisoning the entire population that will follow us," he said. A statement that runs counter to all the studies that prove the indispensable protection provided to children by immunization.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
https://sante.lefigaro.fr/article/le-le ... ontagnier/

Became a true crackpot, you can just fight off AIDS if you have good immunity, water has a "memory", &c. :|
Witness

Post by Witness »

shemp

Post by shemp »

A fuckload of stupid jammed into about 40 square feet of cloth.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare (probably Socrates originally)
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Anti-vax Fake News:

Volunteer for U.K. COVID-19 vaccine trial Elisa Granato is alive, contrary to claim in viral article
FULL CLAIM: "Elisa Granato, the first volunteer who availed herself in Oxford for a jab in the first Europe human trial of a vaccine to protect against the coronavirus pandemic has died. [...] Four other volunteers are said to be battling complications due to adverse reactions of the vaccine."

Review
The article containing this claim was published on 25 April 2020 and quickly went viral, receiving more than 2.3 million views within two days. It claims that the first volunteer for a COVID-19 vaccine trial in the United Kingdom, Oxford microbiologist Elisa Granato, died “two days after the vaccine was administered”, and further claimed that “four other volunteers are said to be battling complications due to adverse reactions of the vaccine”, without providing any supporting evidence. The spread of this article has been promoted by groups opposing vaccination as well as groups promoting conspiracy theories.
These claims are false. In fact, Granato had tweeted several hours after her supposed demise, as reported by this Guardian article, which established that Granato is alive and well. The U.K. Department of Health and Social Care also publicly refuted the claim on Twitter, stating that “News circulating on social media that the first volunteer in a UK #coronavirus vaccine trial has died is completely untrue.” BBC medical correspondent Fergus Walsh also confirmed that Granato is “very much alive” in a tweet and a video posted on 26 April 2020.

Head of the Oxford Vaccine Group, Andrew Pollard, who is leading the trial, has said that “this sort of fake news could damage our ability to tackle a pandemic. We can’t let that happen.”

The first COVID-19 vaccine trial in the U.K. is testing a candidate developed by scientists at Oxford University, which is based on a recombinant viral vector that contains genetic material encoding the spike protein of the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). The spike protein is important for enabling the virus to enter cells and establish an infection. The viral vector, which is a chimpanzee adenovirus vaccine vector (ChAdOx1), was developed at Oxford’s Jenner Institute and chosen for its ability to induce a strong immune response and because it cannot replicate and therefore cannot cause infection, making it safer for people.

When injected, the vaccine induces the body to produce the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, which in turn triggers the body to mount an immune response against these proteins, including antibody production. When the body encounters the actual virus later, it can quickly mount a defense against the virus due to previous exposure to the spike protein, thereby protecting against future infection.

A report of the first two volunteers receiving the vaccine candidate, including Granato, was published by the BBC on 23 April 2020.

You can learn more about the vaccine trial at this Oxford University website.
Just made up from whole cloth, and easily disprovable, but I imagine many who saw it will believe it nevertheless.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare (probably Socrates originally)
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

She's not fooling anyone! She'll be stone-dead in a moment!

– J. "I Feel . . . Happy! I Feel . . . Happy!" D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
shemp

Post by shemp »

Garrison is a very foul piece of shit. I hope that one day he comes to a very slow and painful end from a preventable disease.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Got my shingles vaccine (part 1) and tetanus booster today.

I haz sore shoulders.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

SEEEEEE?!!?!!!!!?!!ELEVNTY

– J.D.

shemp

Post by shemp »

Pyrrho wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:10 pm Got my shingles vaccine (part 1) and tetanus booster today.

I haz sore shoulders.
OMFG YOU HAZ TEH AUTIZM!!1!!!!!11!ELEVENTY!!1!

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Witness

Post by Witness »

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Well, to be fair, shemp, that could be an improvement.

– J.D.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Doctor X wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:08 pm SEEEEEE?!!?!!!!!?!!ELEVNTY

– J.D.
It rather kicked my collective ass. However I'll accept that in lieu of shingles.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
shemp

Post by shemp »

It's amazing how one lying piece of shit asshole started all this.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

There's a significant market for malign thugs.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

shemp wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:39 am It's amazing how one lying piece of shit asshole started all this.
Edward Jenner?

:De_Bunk:
Witness

Post by Witness »

The full set:

But I'd like to see the "Lucifer telescope"… :P
shemp

Post by shemp »

Left out Pizzagate.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Witness

Post by Witness »

From Nature:
Anti-vaccine movement could undermine efforts to end coronavirus pandemic, researchers warn

Studies of social networks show that opposition to vaccines is small but far-reaching — and growing.

As scientists work to create a vaccine against COVID-19, a small but fervent anti-vaccination movement is marshalling against it. Campaigners are seeding outlandish narratives: they falsely say that coronavirus vaccines will be used to implant microchips into people, for instance, and falsely claim that a woman who took part in a UK vaccine trial died. In April, some carried placards with anti-vaccine slogans at rallies in California to protest against the lockdown. Last week, a now-deleted YouTube video promoting wild conspiracy theories about the pandemic and asserting (without evidence) that vaccines would “kill millions” received more than 8 million views.

It’s not known how many people would actually refuse a COVID-19 vaccine — and general support for vaccines remains high. But some researchers studying vaccine-opposition movements say they’re concerned that the messages could undermine efforts to establish herd immunity to the new coronavirus. Online opposition to vaccines has rapidly pivoted to talk of the pandemic, says Neil Johnson, a physicist at George Washington University in Washington DC, who is studying the campaigners’ tactics. “For a lot of these groups, it’s all about COVID now,” he says.

Groups opposing vaccines are small in size, but their online-communications strategy is worryingly effective and far-reaching, a report from Johnson’s team suggests. Before the SARS-CoV-2 virus emerged, Johnson’s team began mapping out a network of views on vaccination, on Facebook. They investigated more than 1,300 pages, followed by about 85 million individuals.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01423-4 for details.
Fid

Post by Fid »

Witness wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:42 am...
But I'd like to see the "Lucifer telescope"… :P
~~~Waves hand furiously~~~
Ooh, ooh...I have one of those. It's a 1974 Celestron 8 (20 cm for ed) the sand cast model with lightning holes. The RA ring gear is getting worn and skips and it continues to be a pain in the ass to find a 120 AC outlet to plug the beast into. The optics are superb except for what may be a hair stuck to the inside of the corrector plate. Also kids these days seem disappointed this ain't the Hubble.
... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
Witness

Post by Witness »

shemp

Post by shemp »

Julius Streicher was never known for subtlety.

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Witness

Post by Witness »

shemp

Post by shemp »

Does he make any money off this horseshit?

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

sparks

Post by sparks »

One can only hope not. :)
Witness

Post by Witness »

↑ We had some posts about that (in the art gallery thread, I think).