2006 Poker Challenge discussion and trash talking thread

Stump your fellow simians.
swellman

Post by swellman »

Bearguin wrote:I'm back.
Gotcha. Next hand.

Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

So I won the hand, but not sure if I played it well or not. That's kind of annoying. :)
"Skeptics," he said, "suffer from the skeptics' disease-- the problem of being right too often."
- Scott Adams, "God's Debris: A Thought Experiment"

RCC

Post by RCC »

Aoidoi wrote:So I won the hand, but not sure if I played it well or not. That's kind of annoying. :)
You did.

This I can say with some certainty.

Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

How long can I stay in first place by folding every hand??????

Bearguin

Post by Bearguin »

So, how long do we wait for Aoidiaoidaosdsid or whatever his name is??

Seriously. I assume the 24 hr rule is not in effect, but it had been through yesterday morning.

swellman

Post by swellman »

Last night as I was coming out of my post Patriots-Denver funk, I was parked on the main poker thread. Aoidoi was due to post his action with about 30 minutes remaining on the 24-hour clock. However I was tired as hell and went to bed before Aoidoi's time expired.

Early this morning, when I tried to check on the thread, I of course found that SC was down. This condition continued for most of the day.

So the question to Aoidoi - did you attempt to post in late last night but were unable to connect? If so, post your move now and we'll continue the hand.

If you didn't check the site until this morning (and subsequently found it down), you missed your 24-hr clock.

It's a game of gentlemen - let us know the situation and we'll proceed accordingly.

Thanks.

eta - I composed this solo, but I see bearguin beat me to the post!

Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

I actually forgot to check last night, and when I tried earlier today it was down. I have folded, and will manfully pretend it is due to my having forgotten to check the thread and not because I think I'm beat. ;)
"Skeptics," he said, "suffer from the skeptics' disease-- the problem of being right too often."

swellman

Post by swellman »

8)

Bearguin

Post by Bearguin »

8)

swellman

Post by swellman »

I will be out of town Wednesday through next Monday and will not have reliable access to the internet. Actually headed back to Vegas. Might even enter a poker tournament (low $!) where my max loss is limited to the entry fee. I hear there's a lot of fish and a few sharks at those tables - watching both could be amusing.

Hand 56 has been dealt. I will monitor the hand for the rest of the evening, as well as early tomorrow morning before I leave town. Please play the hand as far as possible, and then I'll continue dealing Monday evening.

This is the last trip I expect to take where I'll not have internet access. Thanks to everyone for your patience.

punchdrunk

Post by punchdrunk »

I'll be in Vegas in November. I plan on playing in a few lower $$ tourneys myself.

Have fun. . .
"[Music] is the most abstract of the arts. It has no purpose or meaning other than to be itself." -- Douglas Adams

RCC

Post by RCC »

I'll be out until next Tuesday...

Going to play poker in Connecticut...

swellman

Post by swellman »

Have fun!

Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

arg, forgot to check yesterday. Somehow it's always the Sundays that get me.

swellman

Post by swellman »

Aoidoi wrote:arg, forgot to check yesterday. Somehow it's always the Sundays that get me.
I'll deal you in next hand.

swellman

Post by swellman »

Reminder - blinds go up again on Hand 62.

Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Man, you'd think it'd be easier to remember to check this every day. Yesterday was crazy busy and I didn't look at all.

swellman

Post by swellman »

Aoidoi wrote:Man, you'd think it'd be easier to remember to check this every day. Yesterday was crazy busy and I didn't look at all.
I'll deal you in the next hand.

Bearguin

Post by Bearguin »

See RCC's thread in banter but it looks like he is bowing out of the game entirely.

I suspect it was because he was concerned he was going to be completely trashed by myself, but it could be for some other lame reson (like dieing or something dumb).

swellman

Post by swellman »

Yeah, it sounds like RCC is out. However, I propose we leave him sitting out for a few hands. If he doesn't return by the time blinds increase again, I'll remove him from the game. If he wishes to return for some theraputic poker before that time, he has the option.